The Student Room Group

Pop models?

Just wondering if pop models london is a scam? Anyone ever had a photo shoot with them?
Reply 1
Did you ever get any feedback? I'm going on Saturday for a shoot but not sure if I should
Original post by Mooosia
Did you ever get any feedback? I'm going on Saturday for a shoot but not sure if I should

It's a scam. The images on their website and Instagram have been taken from stock image websites.
Reply 3
Wow thank you! Appointment cancelled
I got a call from them, they said I did not need to pay anything but needed to come for a photoshoot. What are they about? When I saw the website it looked like a scam.
Reply 5
no don't its a scam
Reply 6
Pop Models - definitely a scam ? As they are convincing ? Anyone been down ?
Yes but the weird thing was they told me to not pay any deposit. What do you think the scam is about?
Original post by KimNoel
no don't its a scam
Yes but the weird thing was they told me to not pay any deposit. What do you think the scam is about?
Original post by Samrano
Original post by Samrano

It's a scam. I looked into this site recently for another user and found that the photos on their website are taken from stock image sites (a modelling agency would use their own pictures, don't you think?) and they're using the name of a reputable Italian agency to create the impression that they're affiliated.
Hi there, how do you know it's a scam, did you go or know someone who's experienced them?I contacted them thro FB.I now have a Very convincing informative email & appt.
Free photo session & make-up. Would love to know your thoughts thanks
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Motorbikes
Hi there, how do you know it's a scam, did you go or know someone who's experienced them?I contacted them thro FB.I now have a Very convincing informative email & appt.
Free photo session & make-up. Would love to know your thoughts thanks

They charge you after they’ve taken the photos.

Here’s someone’s experience with them (note that CityModelsHub and PopModels belong to the same company as can be confirmed on their T&C pages): https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.citymodelshub.co.uk
Have you work with them ?
Reply 13
Is that ok to wear trainers or sneakers under suites?
I've just had a photo shoot with them.. Looks professional and they persuaded me to part with £200.. paying the rest of £900 over 4 months.. but it's a scam, beware.. Just been onto my bank to stop further payments going out..
I’m due to go Saturday after reading all these bad reviews I feel really disappointed and will not be waisting my time going at all thanks guys
You are doing the right thing, I was duped into signing a contract and parted with £200 . Gutted because I am really struggling financially at the moment and was hoping to make some money from doing some modeling work.. Not much chance of getting my money back..
Reply 17
Why don't you go and find out for yourself! Just been on Holiday, bad reviews of the hotel. Went and i'm so glad I did, Hotel was fine. Point is, make your own opinion !!
Original post by b.2lang
Why don't you go and find out for yourself! Just been on Holiday, bad reviews of the hotel. Went and i'm so glad I did, Hotel was fine. Point is, make your own opinion !!

A company that exists to con people out of thousands of pounds isn't quite the same as a few people disliking a hotel. It's more like if you got to the hotel and were charged an additional £1000 upfront, and whether or not you agreed to pay you still lose what you already spent booking the room in the first place.

Quick Reply

Latest