Jackbob4684
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Anyone out there who has done the ugaa before that is willing to help. Such as any tip, solution to part c problems or any idea on the topic of the essay and the layout. It would be much appreciated.
Benjamin_P
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Jackbob4684)
Anyone out there who has done the ugaa before that is willing to help. Such as any tip, solution to part c problems or any idea on the topic of the essay and the layout. It would be much appreciated.
I'm also doing the test. Same boat as you. I have no idea.

I'm personally going to to just answer some past papers for maths. In regard to the essay, I'm trying to guess on what they might ask and write out an essay so I have some form of an argument fresh in my mind.

I'm currently going into meltdown over how much I need to learn and how ineffective my brain is at retaining information
Jackbob4684
Rep:
?
(Original post by Benjamin_P)
I'm also doing the test. Same boat as you. I have no idea.

I'm personally going to to just answer some past papers for maths. In regard to the essay, I'm trying to guess on what they might ask and write out an essay so I have some form of an argument fresh in my mind.

I'm currently going into meltdown over how much I need to learn and how ineffective my brain is at retaining information
Pretty much doing the same thing. Only issue with maths is even if I do it I don’t know if what I am doing is right or wrong. What sort of question are you thinking will appear? Right now all I could think of is Brexit
Benjamin_P
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Print off some GCSE past papers they come with mark schemes. Yep, brexit has to be involved with one of the questions.

1. Would a second referendum be democratic?
2. Is neo-nationalism on the rise and if so; what role has that played on brexit.
3. What are the political consequences of development of social media.
4. How has brexit affected the balance of power of world politics.

They are some, but then that worries because their is some much they could ask and that is without questions that could be asked about trump.

However, they will ask something that really gets you to think about the positives and negatives to really test your critical thinking I would think.
Benjamin_P
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
A lot of my assessment have been essays, so, although they haven't been in exam conditions I would really recommend you to practice your introduction paragraph because that can sometimes be the making or breaking of your essay. Even though the topic is unseen, practicing how to really catch the eye of the reader in the first few lines could help bring some confidence in the exam.

I'm no expert though and I'm in the exact same boat as you. There's an element of clutching at straws with me at the moment.

I've spent a week of walking about in limbo instead of doing some critical revision which has proven to fuel the anxiety even more haha.
Jackbob4684
Rep:
?
(Original post by Benjamin_P)
A lot of my assessment have been essays, so, although they haven't been in exam conditions I would really recommend you to practice your introduction paragraph because that can sometimes be the making or breaking of your essay. Even though the topic is unseen, practicing how to really catch the eye of the reader in the first few lines could help bring some confidence in the exam.

I'm no expert though and I'm in the exact same boat as you. There's an element of clutching at straws with me at the moment.

I've spent a week of walking about in limbo instead of doing some critical revision which has proven to fuel the anxiety even more haha.
Thanks for the help and good luck in your exam.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (125)
15.47%
Uncertainty around my education (131)
16.21%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (77)
9.53%
Isolating with family (54)
6.68%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (32)
3.96%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (69)
8.54%
Loneliness (86)
10.64%
Financial worries (35)
4.33%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (72)
8.91%
Exposure to negative news/social media (52)
6.44%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (75)
9.28%

Watched Threads