The Student Room Group

Us sutton trust 18-19

Hi all I wanted to start this thread before the applications opened for the 2019 programme. For anyone who has done this before can someone tell me if I have enough extra curricular activities.

-Member of U.K. Youth Parliament for 2017-2019 (spoke in House of Commons in 2017)
- Dancing - intermediate for Ballet (also do contemporary, modern and tap)
- Student council in year 10 and year 11
- I love photography and travel so I have had an Instagram just for this to showcase my love for travelling and being creative for the last 4 years (not sure if his counts)
- I have also worked in a pharmacy since May 2016-present and gained a Level 2 NVQ from this

I am looking to volunteer in the future in some hospitals. I’m addition I have psssed stage 3 flute and have been playing since 2011 but haven’t played in a couple of years (is up this worth picking back up again?)

Thankyou!! Any advice greatly appreciated - I am currently in year 12 for ref.
Reply 1
Hey there!

I’m currently in Cohort 7 of the Sutton Trust US programme now and you definitely have great ECs that can really help your application! Please definitely apply because it honestly is an absolutely amazing experience that has changed me and my friends lives forever!
Your ECs are definitely to the programme standards so all you have to do now is fill in the application and record your video. You definitely have a brilliant chance and I’m so excited that you’re about to begin your Sutton Trust experience!
I’d say add in your flute into your application as it does ask for 10 acitivities so the more the merrier!
I wish you the best of luck and if you do have any questions, please do message me! I was in your shoes this time last year!
Reply 2
Thank you so much for replying - I might pm you in the future. Are you applying for US University’s this term?
Reply 3
Also can I pm you my Instagram or vica versa as it would be great to be able to ask you on any advice if you don’t mind? But I get so confused on how the student room works aha
Reply 4
Original post by katmyster
Also can I pm you my Instagram or vica versa as it would be great to be able to ask you on any advice if you don’t mind? But I get so confused on how the student room works aha

Hey yeah sure I've only just seen this sorry! I hope you've sent in your application!!! And yeah of course! I'm very happy to send over my Instagram details to talk more :smile: Good luck!!
Reply 5
Hi all just wondered if anyone had heard anything back regarding application decisions to the program?
Reply 6
You will hear within the next week! The staff officially decided on the people to join the next cohort just yesterday, Good Luck!
I haven’t heard anything yet. But good luck!!
Original post by katmyster
Hi all just wondered if anyone had heard anything back regarding application decisions to the program?
hiya i know i might sound a bit stupid but i got like 5/6 in gcses and failed maths i hateeeeee maths doing resit but i go to a sixth form college and dping btec law btec IT and a level media ..... can i apply it for sutton?😂😂

Latest

Trending

Trending