The Student Room Group

Prediction grades.

Imagine let’s just say getting D,D,D or E,E,E predicted grades in sixth form does that mean your life is basically over like no unis would even give you a chance?
yeah
Uni seems unlikely
Original post by itzclaudiojr12
Imagine let’s just say getting D,D,D or E,E,E predicted grades in sixth form does that mean your life is basically over like no unis would even give you a chance?

Hello there :biggrin:,

University is still an option with the grades D,D,D a A-Level.

If for example a student was to receive three A Levels at a grade D, then this would equal 72 UCAS Tariff Points. Universities for their courses will look for UCAS points, each university will have slightly different entry requirements. For most of our undergraduate courses we look for 112-120 UCAS Points.

However, for our undergraduate degrees with a foundation year we look for 72 UCAS points. This would mean completing an extra year prior to the start of the undergraduate course (making a total of 4 years). Other entry requirements may also be set dependent on the course you are looking to apply for. Foundation years well help those students are not quite ready for the level of academic standard that university is set at.

All in all with the grades D,D,D university is still a possibility it just may mean a foundation year prior is required. As a foundation year student you are still classed as a university student and at Liverpool Hope, you can still live at accommodation on campus.

I hope this helps,
Tom :groovy:
Original post by Liverpool Hope University
Hello there :biggrin:,

University is still an option with the grades D,D,D a A-Level.

If for example a student was to receive three A Levels at a grade D, then this would equal 72 UCAS Tariff Points. Universities for their courses will look for UCAS points, each university will have slightly different entry requirements. For most of our undergraduate courses we look for 112-120 UCAS Points.

However, for our undergraduate degrees with a foundation year we look for 72 UCAS points. This would mean completing an extra year prior to the start of the undergraduate course (making a total of 4 years). Other entry requirements may also be set dependent on the course you are looking to apply for. Foundation years well help those students are not quite ready for the level of academic standard that university is set at.

All in all with the grades D,D,D university is still a possibility it just may mean a foundation year prior is required. As a foundation year student you are still classed as a university student and at Liverpool Hope, you can still live at accommodation on campus.

I hope this helps,
Tom :groovy:

Does LHU offer Law or business cause if they do this might be a uni I might put as my first option on my UCAS..
Does LHU offer Law or business cause if they do this might be a uni I might put as my first option on my UCAS..

Hey :thumbsup:,

Thanks for the reply,

Yes, Liverpool Hope University, offer both Business Management and Law. We also, more importantly, offer this course combination with a foundation year, you can see the course here, Business Management and Law with a Foundation Year. At the link you will find full information about the course. As mentioned you will be a student of the University and have access to all the standard support systems and resources that any degree student would be able to access.

What career are you looking to go into? If you are thinking of careers like lawyer or barrister, you may wish to consider a Law LLB course as this hold an accreditation? However we do currently offer LLB Law with a foundation year.

If you have any specific questions about either of these courses or about student life at Hope in general, we would be happy to help.

Tom and Ruth :hello:
(edited 5 years ago)
Hey :thumbsup:,

Thanks for the reply,

Yes, Liverpool Hope University, offer both Business Management and Law. We also, more importantly, offer this course combination with a foundation year, you can see the course here, Business Management and Law with a Foundation Year. At the link you will find full information about the course. As mentioned you will be a student of the University and have access to all the standard support systems and resources that any degree student would be able to access.

What career are you looking to go into? If you are thinking of careers like lawyer or barrister, you may wish to consider a Law LLB course as this hold an accreditation? However we do currently offer LLB Law with a foundation year.

If you have any specific questions about either of these courses or about student life at Hope in general, we would be happy to help.

Tom and Ruth :hello:

Do you know when your open days are this university is really starting to interest me
There was this thing on bbc news last year reporting that 80% of people who achieved DDD at a level managed to get a place at uni
Do you know when your open days are this university is really starting to interest me

Hey, :yep:

We have an Applicant Day coming up this Saturday 23rd February, even if you haven't applied with us, then you are still more than welcome to come and treat the day as a Open House Event. The link shows you full information about the day. You have the chance to visit the accommodation on campus, speak to academics and attend subject taster sessions as well as speak to current students.

If you cannot make this one please see below the list of our other Applicant Days:

Wednesday 6th March 2019

Saturday 27th April 2019

Our Open Days for 2019 are:

Friday 28th June

Saturday 6th July
Saturday 5th October
Saturday 2nd November
Wednesday 4th December

If you cannot make any of these days please do let us know on a private message and we will be able to offer you a bespoke campus tour through the week. As always, let me know if I can help with anything else.

Tom :yeah:
Hey, :yep:

We have an Applicant Day coming up this Saturday 23rd February, even if you haven't applied with us, then you are still more than welcome to come and treat the day as a Open House Event. The link shows you full information about the day. You have the chance to visit the accommodation on campus, speak to academics and attend subject taster sessions as well as speak to current students.

If you cannot make this one please see below the list of our other Applicant Days:

Wednesday 6th March 2019

Saturday 27th April 2019

Our Open Days for 2019 are:

Friday 28th June

Saturday 6th July
Saturday 5th October
Saturday 2nd November
Wednesday 4th December

If you cannot make any of these days please do let us know on a private message and we will be able to offer you a bespoke campus tour through the week. As always, let me know if I can help with anything else.

Tom :yeah:

I’ll be there on the 6th of July, but I’m in for a long journey as I’m coming from Bristol but anything for a university such as LHU
I’ll be there on the 6th of July, but I’m in for a long journey as I’m coming from Bristol but anything for a university such as LHU

That is great to hear, we look forward to seeing you then :five:. If you book your trains as early as possible it will help with the cost. As a thank you for making the journey, if you let yourself known to a member of our team (someone wearing a red Hope polo) we will be ready with a little gift for yourself.

If you could private message us your name and email address too so we can make a note of this for the day :excited:.

Tom :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest