The Student Room Group

New York Fashion/GT Models platform is a SCAM!!!!

Never ever trust them!!!

Your dreams will be crushed!!!

They promise they will do the same as modelling agencies, but mention themselves as a “platform” which is legal, so they take no responsibilities for the lies they say to you!!!

It is not right for any company to charge u money for just a test shoot, especially for modelling jobs.

Please do research before you attend the £50 test shoot!!!! Research about the whole company!!!!

When you get chosen by them, they will describe about how the platform works, guarantee that you will get the modelling jobs from high street brands, and earn £1500~£3500 per 8~10 hours.TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE.

After your five hour photoshoot, you wait for your assessment. They bring you into a small room and blab on for one and a half hour, asking you over and over again if you’re serious about becoming a model, and say that in order to pass you will need 40 photos out of the 100 plus the photographer took. They will then say you got in, getting your hopes up and all excited.Then comes the scary part. They bring up a price list. On it are the prices for the photos ranging from 10-80 photos, 40 images will cost you around 800 pounds which is BLOODY EXPENSIVE, and the images aren’t even up to industry standards. All this is excluding the portfolio(also around £800) that they will say you will also have to purchase if you want to get noticed by agencies. at the bottom there is an option of a premium package including 50 images, Z -cards and a website that will cost £2000. It is as if they wanted to make you see that if you get this deal everything will go smoothly for you afterwards, you’ll get your dream jobs when it is utter bulls***. They will then say that you will have to make the decision immediately, pressurising you into paying because you wouldn’t want to miss this chance to get into the modelling industry. Then they will get out the contracts for you to sign. They will read the first two contracts to you, but not the third one because it mentions “it has been explained to me that it is my responsibility to send my modelling portfolio to GT Models”. So really, they are only making you pay LOADS for **** photos, and you won’t get any help after you’ve paid. Their website mentioned on PayPal is fake, these are no real names in the studio. They used so many different names on the PayPal, websites and emails to make it hard to track them down.

Please do your research before you attend test photo shoots.

If you realised that you have been scammed, The only way is to quickly let PayPal and your bank step in, and tell them everything. The contract and what they’ve secretly recorded(Yes, they’ve set up a cctv in the assessment room without you knowing)cannot be used as evidence.

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-contracts-regulations

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-protection-from-unfair-trading-regulations-2008
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Thank you for posting this. You might find this thread useful as well, which lists a lot of known modelling scams.
hi. I have been scammed by GT models today and i do not know what to do. Is there someone who was scammed too?
Original post by janet8989
hi. I have been scammed by GT models today and i do not know what to do. Is there someone who was scammed too?

Yes I have been scammed of 2000£ in December. I am looking for people to join me in the police complaint I am putting forward. These people must be stopped.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by janet8989

Yes me to in January for £1975 😞😞
Me to for £1975 in January
Try studentmodelling.agency as they seem an up and coming agency who out you forward to the large agencies. They don’t charge the models but charge a commission from the bigger agency so you don’t have to put any money up front.
Great thanks
I have made some cash not a fortune from them as they are a cooperative of mums & students running it for themselves.
Hi, so now i signed a paper that i will pay 500 pounds for portfolio, and now im reading here everything that everything is scam. What i need to do now? Help cuz tomorow i want to pay to them, and like they said i will start working. Gosh...
Original post by AdwC
Never ever trust them!!!

Your dreams will be crushed!!!

They promise they will do the same as modelling agencies, but mention themselves as a “platform” which is legal, so they take no responsibilities for the lies they say to you!!!

It is not right for any company to charge u money for just a test shoot, especially for modelling jobs.

They are absolutely a scam and a fake company. Please do research before you attend the £50 test shoot!!!! Research about the whole company!!!!

When you get chosen by them, they will describe about how the platform works, guarantee that you will get the modelling jobs from high street brands, and earn £1500~£3500 per 8~10 hours.TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE. Scam Scam Scam!!!!

After your five hour photoshoot, you wait for your assessment. They bring you into a small room and blab on for one and a half hour, asking you over and over again if you’re serious about becoming a model, and say that in order to pass you will need 40 photos out of the 100 plus the photographer took. They will then say you got in, getting your hopes up and all excited.Then comes the scary part. They bring up a price list. On it are the prices for the photos ranging from 10-80 photos, 40 images will cost you around 800 pounds which is BLOODY EXPENSIVE, and the images aren’t even up to industry standards. All this is excluding the portfolio(also around £800) that they will say you will also have to purchase if you want to get noticed by agencies. at the bottom there is an option of a premium package including 50 images, Z -cards and a website that will cost £2000. It is as if they wanted to make you see that if you get this deal everything will go smoothly for you afterwards, you’ll get your dream jobs when it is utter bulls***. They will then say that you will have to make the decision immediately, pressurising you into paying because you wouldn’t want to miss this chance to get into the modelling industry. Then they will get out the contracts for you to sign. They will read the first two contracts to you, but not the third one because it mentions “it has been explained to me that it is my responsibility to send my modelling portfolio to GT Models”. So really, they are only making you pay LOADS for **** photos, and you won’t get any help after you’ve paid. Their website mentioned on PayPal is fake, these are no real names in the studio. They used so many different names on the PayPal, websites and emails to make it hard to track them down.

Please do your research before you attend test photo shoots.

If you realised that you have been scammed, The only way is to quickly let PayPal and your bank step in, and tell them everything. The contract and what they’ve secretly recorded(Yes, they’ve set up a cctv in the assessment room without you knowing)cannot be used as evidence.

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-contracts-regulations

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-protection-from-unfair-trading-regulations-2008

Can we talk?
Original post by Sofia Sofi
Hi, so now i signed a paper that i will pa for portfolio, and now im reading here everything that everything is scam. What i need to do now? Help cuz tomorow i want to pay to them, and like they said i will start working. Gosh...

The are only a platform the just put you in touch with agencies the haven’t got any jobs watch watchdog modelling agencies it’s a loop hole in the law apparently I thought my son would get loads of work but will cost more to join agencies to put on books and I have no more to spend you could join agencies yourself apparently they can legally do that
Feel sorry to hear that
I got scammed by visual studios and amazed models I did a photoshoot with both of them and I had to pay a £50 deposit for visual studios and then £500 for 9 pics and a Z card and they said that I would get jobs from it and agencies contact me but I didn't and I paid £150 to amazed models for the pics which weren't even that good and I didn't get any jobs from that either. I did hear from a modelling agency called fusion models but they wanted me to pay them £150 for them to represent me for 2 years and I researched them online and people said that they didn't get any jobs from them so I decided not to do it. Now GT models want me to do a photoshoot for them and I'm wondering whether it's worth it or if the same thing will happen!!
Original post by cherlloydfan
I got scammed by visual studios and amazed models I did a photoshoot with both of them and I had to pay a £50 deposit for visual studios and then £500 for 9 pics and a Z card and they said that I would get jobs from it and agencies contact me but I didn't and I paid £150 to amazed models for the pics which weren't even that good and I didn't get any jobs from that either. I did hear from a modelling agency called fusion models but they wanted me to pay them £150 for them to represent me for 2 years and I researched them online and people said that they didn't get any jobs from them so I decided not to do it. Now GT models want me to do a photoshoot for them and I'm wondering whether it's worth it or if the same thing will happen!!

Omg no don’t do it total rip off watchdog modelling agencies episode watch it pleasethey are a platform they have no work I wished I had watched it before I went 😞
Reply 15
I got ripped off too by NYF& GT Models and trying to get my money back - They think they are smart ripping people off here and there they had audacity to say i signed but what you all need to know is that it was signed in a NOISY INCOHERENT, PRESSURIZING/ UNDER SOME DURESS environment; all set up to confuse,,,Thus by the time you do 4-6 hrs of tiresome photo shoot there you will be tired, somewhat convinced and then bought out with the power of persuasive lies but under the sales of goods and services act if it is not explained/ described well you should be entitled to your money back (The onus is on us to explain why though) and there are other laws they are clearly breaking too (The noise, getting you to fill a questionnaire ahead of the end of the interview process - I mean who would **** off a prospective employer)...In my case i didn't even have my credit card and they persuaded me to call home to get this and spurred me on to get more credit cards to pay remainder even if it meant me being in Debt - Now that is wrong too! .

I am definitely happy for any one who wants a to try in getting their money back to join me in the court fight against them - (The More the merrier because i have the mother of evidences which i cannot disclose here and the court will see how plenty we are)
They have been ding this for a long time and are experts at professional thieving! This is why they have noise, watch you everywhere and get you to leave your mobiles behind.
Did you make any deposit? If not write to them you want to cancel and report them, it's a scam on my son's case the document that says I cant cancel the contract was hidden qhen i realise i went back to cancel and they want me to use the deposit of £100 for 2 pictures they even went ahead to set up a direct debit after I had written to the to cancel but when they realised I knew what I was talking about they divided I should accept 2 picture for the £100 which I have not accepted, because my bank has said after 2weeks if I don't get my refund they will pay me as long as I have written to them to cancel within the 2weeks cancellation period. I feel we should all gather at their door step with placards 😂😂🤣
Did you make any deposit? If not write to them you want to cancel and report them, it's a scam on my son's case the document that says I cant cancel the contract was hidden qhen i realise i went back to cancel and they want me to use the deposit of £100 for 2 pictures they even went ahead to set up a direct debit after I had written to the to cancel but when they realised I knew what I was talking about they divided I should accept 2 picture for the £100 which I have not accepted, because my bank has said after 2weeks if I don't get my refund they will pay me as long as I have written to them to cancel within the 2weeks cancellation period. I feel we should all gather at their door step with placards 😂😂🤣

Original post by Mr T.T
I got ripped off too by NYF& GT Models and trying to get my money back - They think they are smart ripping people off here and there they had audacity to say i signed but what you all need to know is that it was signed in a NOISY INCOHERENT, PRESSURIZING/ UNDER SOME DURESS environment; all set up to confuse,,,Thus by the time you do 4-6 hrs of tiresome photo shoot there you will be tired, somewhat convinced and then bought out with the power of persuasive lies but under the sales of goods and services act if it is not explained/ described well you should be entitled to your money back (The onus is on us to explain why though) and there are other laws they are clearly breaking too (The noise, getting you to fill a questionnaire ahead of the end of the interview process - I mean who would **** off a prospective employer)...In my case i didn't even have my credit card and they persuaded me to call home to get this and spurred me on to get more credit cards to pay remainder even if it meant me being in Debt - Now that is wrong too! .

I am definitely happy for any one who wants a to try in getting their money back to join me in the court fight against them - (The More the merrier because i have the mother of evidences which i cannot disclose here and the court will see how plenty we are)
They have been ding this for a long time and are experts at professional thieving! This is why they have noise, watch you everywhere and get you to leave your mobiles behind.
Reply 18
I feel you and if a few people are willing to hold placards to disgrace& embarrass them then why not let's do it?

I am still on the process to getting things sorted...I rang my bank the next day as I felt something wasn't right hence I googled them up thus a lot of negative alerts about em!

I have joined a group of collective people on WhatsApp and we are planning a collective strike back. Pls text the number of one of the victims who's in charge to be added. Good luck all
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 19
I feel you and if a few people are willing to hold placards to disgrace& embarrass them then why not let's do it?

I am still on the process to getting things sorted...I rang my bank the next day as I felt something wasn't right hence I googled them up thus a lot of negative alerts about em!

Good luck all

Latest