The Student Room Group

It frustrates me that guys might not date me?

Scroll to see replies

A big assumption to make innit?
So put yourself out there. Posting anonymously on-line that you're frustrated that someone might not date you is not going to get people to date you.
maybe try to appeal harder to them
Original post by hilowulaba

Maybe not the best advice and this is from how i read it. "change yourself so people will like you"
Reply 5
Original post by ThatOldGuy
So put yourself out there. Posting anonymously on-line that you're frustrated that someone might not date you is not going to get people to date you.

It frustrates me that people think you have to have looks for someone to date you when I see alot of other girls with boyfriends.
Original post by hilowulaba
Original post by Anonymous
It frustrates me that people think you have to have looks for someone to date you when I see alot of other girls with boyfriends.

Don't think like that. You're probably way better looking than you give yourself credit for. We often don't see ourselves with a truthful lens.
Reply 7
Someone will want to date you, you might really want a relationship but it could turn out your not as ready as you thought for that commitment.
Don't get frustrated at the thought of being single.
Focus on making yourself happy and independent.
Whether you are in a relationship or not.

It's better to be happy and single than in an abusive relationship with a thug or criminal.
I've been single for the last five years.
I'd rather be happy and alone than in a bad relationship, or with the wrong person.
Original post by londonmyst

It's better to be happy and single than in an abusive relationship with a thug or criminal.
I'd rather be happy and alone than in a bad relationship, or with the wrong person.

But would you take the risk of being in a bad relationship if you meet someone who fits your type?
Original post by Professional G
But would you take the risk of being in a bad relationship if you meet someone who fits your type?

Up to a point, yes.
I have deal breakers that aim to weed out the attitudes/characteristics that wouldn't be compatible with me.
Fast reflexes and always trying to listen to what my gut instinct is telling me tends to come in very handy.
Up to a point, yes.
I have deal breakers that aim to weed out the attitudes/characteristics that wouldn't be compatible with me.
Fast reflexes and always trying to listen to what my gut instinct is telling me tends to come in very handy.

What do you mean by the fast reflexes? I feel like the relationship a person is in must be pretty awful if they need fast reflexes.
Focus on being happy and confident in yourself. Insecurity is unattractive.
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
What do you mean by the fast reflexes? I feel like the relationship a person is in must be pretty awful if they need fast reflexes.

Quick wits, sharp eyes and fast legs.
I know two young women with very slow reflexes, one is a childhood friend of mine.
My friend is a fundamentalist christian with a very unpleasant and aggressive mother.
When the mother is about to turn violent, there are warning signs.
My friend is unable to identify them and can't run away from her mother fast enough; her father has told her to do that as soon as her mother attacks when he is not in the house.
She's been badly hurt six times this year.
Quick wits, sharp eyes and fast legs.
I know two young women with very slow reflexes, one is a childhood friend of mine.
My friend is a fundamentalist christian with a very unpleasant and aggressive mother.
When the mother is about to turn violent, there are warning signs.
My friend is unable to identify them and can't run away from her mother fast enough; her father has told her to do that as soon as her mother attacks when he is not in the house.
She's been badly hurt six times this year.

That's not something that she, or anyone, should have to put up with. Someone in that household needs to call the authorities. As far as I'm concerned, as soon as someone repeatedly raises their hand to another, the relationship is basically over.
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
That's not something that she, or anyone, should have to put up with. Someone in that household needs to call the authorities. As far as I'm concerned, as soon as someone repeatedly raises their hand to another, the relationship is basically over.

No chance of that, fundamentalists have their own religious laws and violence is a big part of staying in control.
My father thought about calling the police almost 20 years ago when it happened at my parent's house and he really hates police.

But sometimes she comes close to being her own worst enemy.
I keep inviting her to come stay with me, my best friend has offered to pay for her to come to india.
Always says no, her fundamentalist church doesn't allow her to leave her parents until marriage.
You're probably not even that bad looking, but anyway, not all guys date because of looks alone. The good ones can see past that, to your personality. And as often as people say this it's still true - looks fade, personality doesn't.
Reply 17

A big statement with little or no evidence I presume? Sounds like a self esteem problem? Life begins with courage and a healthy dose of self respect!

You didn't tell me how to find someone.
You didn't tell me how to find someone.

You didn't ask how to find someone.
Or specify what sort of guy and relationship you are looking for.
Suggestions will vary according to your answers.

What are you deal breakers for dating a guy?
Age, height, religion, qualifications/profession, diet, politics.
Are you looking for a few months of non committal casual dating, a committed relationship with the potential to move in together over the next 18 months or to find your future husband?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending