The Student Room Group

University of Leeds Postgrad applications

Hellooooo!

So I'm wanting to apply to UoL to do MSc Cognitive Development and Disorders, and was wondering if anyone had any general tips on writing a postgrad personal statement? I am well aware it will be nothing like my undergrad one and so have been researching into it, but if anyone has any tips they would be very appreciated!
I'm a current postgrad at Leeds uni. For my application I just stated why I wanted to apply for the course, I also mentioned the modules that interested me and how the course linked to my future career plans. What they really want to know is that you understand what the course entails.
Original post by kayleighisonfire
I'm a current postgrad at Leeds uni. For my application I just stated why I wanted to apply for the course, I also mentioned the modules that interested me and how the course linked to my future career plans. What they really want to know is that you understand what the course entails.

Did you have an interview for your course? What are you studying if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by tashalouiise_
Hellooooo!

So I'm wanting to apply to UoL to do MSc Cognitive Development and Disorders, and was wondering if anyone had any general tips on writing a postgrad personal statement? I am well aware it will be nothing like my undergrad one and so have been researching into it, but if anyone has any tips they would be very appreciated!

Hey Tasha! I received an offer to Leeds for the MSc Organisational Psychology. I discussed my interest in the field and what things I have done regarding organisational psychology - e.g. my work experience and what key things it has taught me and how it led me to organisational psychology. I mentioned my personal traits and their fit to the course's requirements (e.g. stress/demands etc) and the subject itself. I then started a new paragraph and spoke about what interests me about the course at Leeds specifically. Finally I spoke about my dissertation and my future goals (e.g. wanting to complete a PhD and the areas in organisational psychology im interested in etc). I finished with a closing sentence (e.g. thank them for considering your offer/exclaim the excitement you have towards receiving a reply etc) :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending