The Student Room Group

What is The Electrostatic energy store (GCSE AQA)

Can someone please explain what it is to me? ( in the simplest form ) I've looked online but nothing makes sense?? :frown:

All help appreciated :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
If you push two positive charges closer together, it needs you to do 'work' and that stores energy.
At the moment I can't think of an application of this, and I'd think it unlikely to come up in a question.
The 'stores and pathways' story of energy works best when you can do calculations and measure the energy flows.
It's quite a new approach (err - actually it's been around for some years, but not popular), so there won't be much on the internet / books.
Original post by old_teach
If you push two positive charges closer together, it needs you to do 'work' and that stores energy.
At the moment I can't think of an application of this, and I'd think it unlikely to come up in a question.
The 'stores and pathways' story of energy works best when you can do calculations and measure the energy flows.
It's quite a new approach (err - actually it's been around for some years, but not popular), so there won't be much on the internet / books.

okay, thank you for your help ! :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by SmartUnicorn
Can someone please explain what it is to me? ( in the simplest form ) I've looked online but nothing makes sense?? :frown:

All help appreciated :smile:

It may be good that you post the links or info that does not make sense.

https://www.bbc.com/bitesize/guides/z8n47p3/revision/1

You can "think" of the energy being associated with or stored in the electric field.

Quick Reply

Latest