The Student Room Group

ucas application

can u kindly tell me when i have to submit the ucas application for sitting in the bmat 2019? i read somewhere the deadline was oct 2018. how this can be possible that we have to submit the application one WHOLE YEAR BEFORE sitting in the test?????????????
im freaking out. have i missed the date???
Reply 1
Original post by feeza sikandar
can u kindly tell me when i have to submit the ucas application for sitting in the bmat 2019? i read somewhere the deadline was oct 2018. how this can be possible that we have to submit the application one WHOLE YEAR BEFORE sitting in the test?????????????
im freaking out. have i missed the date???

It's October 2019.
Original post by Shiv7
It's October 2019.

so if i give the test in 2019 when I will start the uni if i pass out the test and got selected moreover tell me when i should apply for ucas?
Reply 3
When do you want to start your university degree?
Original post by PQ
When do you want to start your university degree?

thank you PQ for your concern.:smile: I completed my grade 12 in 2018. In 2018 I was just of the mind to study in italy so i did not get any information about uk medicine tests.Unfortunately due to some incident I could not pass out the test in Italy. I just thought to retake the test in Italy in 2019.But now Iam willing to study in uk so I want to give bmat and ukcat and start my uni degree by the end of 2019 or start of 2020 asap. I cant wait the end of 2020 to get started my degree because in this way my 2 WHOOOLLLEE years should be wasted.
thank you PQ for your concern.:smile: I completed my grade 12 in 2018. In 2018 I was just of the mind to study in italy so i did not get any information about uk medicine tests.Unfortunately due to some incident I could not pass out the test in Italy. I just thought to retake the test in Italy in 2019.But now Iam willing to study in uk so I want to give bmat and ukcat and start my uni degree by the end of 2019 or start of 2020 asap. I cant wait the end of 2020 to get started my degree because in this way my 2 WHOOOLLLEE years should be wasted.

If you want to study medicine in the UK then you have missed the deadlines for applying (they were last October).
You could apply this Autumn for 2020 entry.

There may be very limited places available in Clearing this August - but it's far from guaranteed.

Hi feeza sikander.

You won't be able to start medical school in the UK this September. The deadline for all applicants was 15 October 2018.

Should you wish to apply for next year, the deadline will again be 15 October 2019. As for the admissions tests, you can take the early BMAT on 31 August 2019. Crucially, this will allow you to know your result before you make your UCAS application. If you wait for the later test on 30 October, the result will be passed directly to the medical schools to which you will already have applied.

The UCAT test can be taken at any time between 1 July and 2 October 2019 (beware of leaving it too late!), and again your scores will be released to you before the 15 October UCAS deadline.

Now, if you are determined to go to med school this autumn, you might consider doing so in another country, e.g. Malta or the West Indies. Applications are still open there.

you would have to apply by Oct 2019 with BMAT/UCAT scores and then entry would be Sept 2020

You would have to apply by Oct 2019 with BMAT/UCAT scores and then if successful, entry would be sept 2020
Original post by PQ
If you want to study medicine in the UK then you have missed the deadlines for applying (they were last October).
You could apply this Autumn for 2020 entry.

There may be very limited places available in Clearing this August - but it's far from guaranteed.

okay I got it. Will u give me an advice please ? Im planning to give my IMAT test in Italy this year . AND on 90% chance basis I WILL succeed becuase last year I lagged behind just because of few points.Here in ITALY I will be able to start my medical degree this year in november. By the AUTUMN OF 2020 my 1st year of medicine will be completed. But I crave to study in uk .So should I submit my late UCAS application in august this year on chance basis or should I apply regularly for 2020 entry meanwhile I study here in Italy and on getting my UCAS application accepted I will resume my further qualifications in UK in 2020 ?
Original post by 5thchild
You would have to apply by Oct 2019 with BMAT/UCAT scores and then if successful, entry would be sept 2020

okay. thanks a lot.

Quick Reply