The Student Room Group

Uni Applicant Days

Hey

I was wondering if anyone has been to any uni applicant days yet? I have a few coming up and was wondering what to expect. My dad is coming with me for transport reasons, will we be doing separate things or can we stay together for the day?

Feedback would be great thanks!
Original post by OliviaG2442
Hey

I was wondering if anyone has been to any uni applicant days yet? I have a few coming up and was wondering what to expect. My dad is coming with me for transport reasons, will we be doing separate things or can we stay together for the day?

Feedback would be great thanks!

You will be able to stay together for most of the day but for certain things you may get separated - like there may not be enough room in certain talks for parents to attend. It will be fine, Dad will just have to go and get a coffee or something and meet you afterwards.
Original post by harrysbar
You will be able to stay together for most of the day but for certain things you may get separated - like there may not be enough room in certain talks for parents to attend. It will be fine, Dad will just have to go and get a coffee or something and meet you afterwards.

Great, thanks for letting me know!
They'll send you an itinerary closer to the day on what to expect. For the course, you'll have a chance to maybe: talk to someone within the department, talk to other candidates, talk to current students, taster session ect. It's ok if you already went to the same uni for an open day, It'll be more in depth and longer and you can get a better feel of what the department is like.
Original post by qqwer4179
They'll send you an itinerary closer to the day on what to expect. For the course, you'll have a chance to maybe: talk to someone within the department, talk to other candidates, talk to current students, taster session ect. It's ok if you already went to the same uni for an open day, It'll be more in depth and longer and you can get a better feel of what the department is like.

Thank you for letting me know, great help!

Quick Reply

Latest