The Student Room Group

I can’t take this insomnia anymore.

Here I am, yet again, awake at 3 in the morning, with only 4 hours sleep and feel groggy as hell.

I’m in Year 11 with exams in 4 months and I am pretty sure I have acute insomnia.
Although I will see a GP to clarify.

I just can’t take it anymore.
Everyday I wake up at least twice and it’s messing me up inside.

Whenever I wake up I feel more tired than before I went to bed. Hence why I now hate sleeping.

I yearn for the days I could sleep an entire night from 22:00 to 6:00 and not wake up throughout that entire session.

One of these days I’m gonna blow from this issue.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
have you thought about taking medication?
Acute Insomnia is common in present days, don't feel stress and anxiety for your coming exams hope you will perform well, i advice you to talk to your health care provider , you may be evaluated for physical exam,medical history,and sleep history.
Try to make Good sleep habits, such as sleeping hygiene, avoid mobile phones before going to sleep,not having heavy food late in the night,...
Try full days without phone, guided meditation before bed and working out an hour or so before bed. These should probably be dome alongside visiting a G.P.
It may sound far fetched but this does actually work. if you have trouble sleeping like you do, some doctors suggest going camping for a week and not using any electronic devices. by using only natural light as your only source of light it 'resets' your circadian cycle, which is basically your sleep cycle humans are one of the only animals that can actually alter their circadian cycles bc of our use of artificial light, especially yellows and blues at night which releases hormones to keep you awake. so by not using any electronics and only natural ligjt you reset to the natural rythms. maybe a half term trip for you and your mates?
Reply 5
Don’t trust the dr. They just want to meet their quota of sales. You might, might, get a few hours on zopliclone. I doubt that as they are rubbish and when the suppler runs out your insomnia will get worse. Meditate, diet, excercise, just breath and focus on that. Good luck. Valerian root really helps
Original post by Bobjames
Don’t trust the dr. They just want to meet their quota of sales. You might, might, get a few hours on zopliclone. I doubt that as they are rubbish and when the suppler runs out your insomnia will get worse. Meditate, diet, excercise, just breath and focus on that. Good luck. Valerian root really helps

Right, firstly, in the UK it's NHS funded, so you are speaking rubbish. Sleeping pills work for some, and not others, it depends on your metabolism.

OP, try melatonin pills, they are proven to work, and speak to your GP, ignore this rubbish.
Reply 7
Are you into exercising? If so, you could try going to the gym, a run or anything else about two hours before bed. Hopefully, it will tire you out before you have to sleep. Also, get a light filter for your phone to stop the interruption of your naural sleep cycle. As someone else said, try mediaion before sleeping. Dim the lights, have a horlicks, read, just trying to relax is the main thing.
I tend to stay up late, it's natural at this age, due to our sleep cycle getting later on. Try not to worry about it too much.
Good luck.
Dr’s cut people off all the time. Stop giving you unprofitable medication and leave people suicidal.NHS is been privatised as we speak. A lot is already ‘out sourced’. You say I’m speaking rubbish. What a joke. Trust your dr, haha. Do you even know the difference between different sleeping tablets. I once went 18 days no sleep. I know what I’m talking about. Dr’s mess up everyday. Your just a little boy with a little brain. And no experience

Sources? Information? or do you simply just believe that? The NHS is being privatised, in segments, but is still funded by the UK tax payer, privatisation means that unprofitable sections that lose money are being taken over by private corporations, thus costing the tax payer less. Yes I do, I have chronic insomnia, but I have been treated with medication, improving my quality of life. 18 days? That's funny considering the record was 11 days, and they suffered hallucinations and severe cognitive decline in the short term. I am 21 y/o, and have a degree and I'm currently restudying to do medicine at university. I would slow down and do some research before attacking me.
Reply 9
Original post by TheRealSquiddy
Sources? Information? or do you simply just believe that? The NHS is being privatised, in segments, but is still funded by the UK tax payer, privatisation means that unprofitable sections that lose money are being taken over by private corporations, thus costing the tax payer less. Yes I do, I have chronic insomnia, but I have been treated with medication, improving my quality of life. 18 days? That's funny considering the record was 11 days, and they suffered hallucinations and severe cognitive decline in the short term. I am 21 y/o, and have a degree and I'm currently restudying to do medicine at university. I would slow down and do some research

No I research. Good bye little boy. Privatisation a good thing. I study economics as well as many other things. My research is solid. The tax payer 😆. Ok. They have done a good job on programming you. And you jumped on me. I will not be replying to anymore of your nonsense, as humorous as it is. To see a millennial in action. You don’t know what research I’ve done as you reply’s prove. Ring Brooke drive they’ll tell you about my 18 days. I would slow down and grow up. Nothing left to say. You destroyed yourself.
Dr’s cut people off all the time. Stop giving you unprofitable medication and leave people suicidal.NHS is been privatised as we speak. A lot is already ‘out sourced’. You say I’m speaking rubbish. What a joke. Trust your dr, haha. Do you even know the difference between different sleeping tablets. I once went 18 days no sleep. I know what I’m talking about. Dr’s mess up everyday. Your just a little boy with a little brain. And no experience

haha - time to get the tin foil hats out

Very few doctors prescribe sleeping tablets.
Original post by BlueIndigoViolet
haha - time to get the tin foil hats out

So programmed. With all the WiFi can’t you see where it’s heading. No wonder comics don’t wanna do stand up. They did it, they got you policing yourself. Poor insults backed with no knowledge. You must be getting conned and paying to learn how to be cattle.
No I research. Good bye little boy. Privatisation a good thing. I study economics as well as many other things. My research is solid. The tax payer 😆. Ok. They have done a good job on programming you. And you jumped on me. I will not be replying to anymore of your nonsense, as humorous as it is. To see a millennial in action. You don’t know what research I’ve done as you reply’s prove. Ring Brooke drive they’ll tell you about my 18 days. I would slow down and grow up. Nothing left to say. You destroyed yourself.

Good grasp of the English you are displaying here. You are literally talking nonsense, like it genuinely is like trying to decipher an alien language. I'm not even a millennial. I'm a Gen z, so clearly your cultural generation research was poor. I'm not going to ring a random facility, clearly you don't know about patient confidentiality.

You are embarrassing yourself with poorly articulated rubbish.
So programmed. With all the WiFi can’t you see where it’s heading. No wonder comics don’t wanna do stand up. They did it, they got you policing yourself. Poor insults backed with no knowledge. You must be getting conned and paying to learn how to be cattle.

wow just read back a few posts, and realised you're actually for real rofl
Original post by Anonymous
Very few doctors prescribe sleeping tablets.

So true. They will give you a few if your not a drug seeker . But they cut you off quick and slide you onto antidepressants. Leeches were once cutting-edge. Heroin prescribed for coughs, and so many more f ups. But they are right this time.
Original post by BlueIndigoViolet
wow just read back a few posts, and realised you're actually for real rofl

Don't forget, the earth is flat :wink:
Again no facts, just waffle. Your actions speak louder than any words 😆
Again no facts, just waffle. Your actions speak louder than any words 😆

You have provided no proof for anything you have said, show me medical and academic journals.

Quick Reply

Latest