The Student Room Group

Will my offer take into account university performance?

Hi all,

I applied to Oxford for Physics while currently in my first year at another university, I got an offer :biggrin: which is conditional on my A-Level grades (which I have already achieved), I was wondering if my offer would also be conditional on achieving some grade at my current university?

Many thanks
Reply 1
Reply 2
Original post by joshcs
Hi all,

I applied to Oxford for Physics while currently in my first year at another university, I got an offer :biggrin: which is conditional on my A-Level grades (which I have already achieved), I was wondering if my offer would also be conditional on achieving some grade at my current university?

Many thanks

Not if your offer doesn't mention it, no.
Reply 3
Original post by Doonesbury
Not if your offer doesn't mention it, no.

Many thanks
Reply 4
Hi again,

I thought I'd give a bit of an update on this situation, because I am only more confused.

I had an email from my college saying that once I send and they receive my exam certificates the offer would be updated as confirmed on UCAS, and not to stress if it doesn't happen straight away, it is just subject to the return of a completed financial declaration form. Great!

I then emailed the college back asking the same question as I have asked here, 'Is my offer conditional on what grade I get at my current university?' They responded with the following; 'In terms of your offer, this was based on the information declared as part of your application (and UCAS form), and so the College would expect you to continue to perform at a high 2:1 standard, as a minimum, at your current University; attaining your certificate of higher education.'

Then a few days ago my offer was updated as confirmed on UCAS, so do I or do I not need to get a high 2:1?

Thanks again
Reply 5
@PQ Thoughts ?
Original post by joshcs
I then emailed the college back asking the same question as I have asked here...

Nooo why would you do that?! :p:

If it isn't in the offer and you haven't declared it as a grade already achieved, I don't see how they could hold you to that.
Reply 7
Original post by nexttime
Nooo why would you do that?! :p:

If it isn't in the offer and you haven't declared it as a grade already achieved, I don't see how they could hold you to that.

Just some clarity I suppose :colondollar:

Im just worried that they might turn around and ask what grade I got here
Whatever the wording of the offer is applies. If all it mentions is A level grades and you accepted, then that is it imo.
Reply 9
Original post by 999tigger
Whatever the wording of the offer is applies. If all it mentions is A level grades and you accepted, then that is it imo.

That was my original thought, I’m more confused as to why they would email me saying that rather than putting it into the offer
Original post by joshcs
That was my original thought, I’m more confused as to why they would email me saying that rather than putting it into the offer

Did you accept before or after that communication? I would think the grades if not mentioned are not included. It may just be a reminder of their high expectations and not to slack.
Reply 11
Original post by 999tigger
Did you accept before or after that communication? I would think the grades if not mentioned are not included. It may just be a reminder of their high expectations and not to slack.

They confirmed my offer after sending that email
Reply 12
Original post by joshcs
They confirmed my offer after sending that email

What do you mean "they confirmed" it?

Your offer is what is stated on UCAS Track. What does it actually say?
Reply 13
Original post by Doonesbury
What do you mean "they confirmed" it?

Your offer is what is stated on UCAS Track. What does it actually say?

Screenshot 2019-02-21 at 23.28.23.png
Reply 14
Original post by joshcs
Screenshot 2019-02-21 at 23.28.23.png

So no mention of your university course.

However if you included your university course on your application as a pending qualification they are within their rights to expect you to *complete* it, but not to achieve a particular grade.
I might add that (my college at least) has repeatedly told me that they expect a 2.1 performance in collections, anything lower will need to be discussed (2.2 isn't serious but anything lower can be).

I think this has more to do with the academic level they expect you to have and maintain while studying there than any explicit offer conditions.

Whether this applies in force is another matter entirely, it seems to be more bark then bite but I've only sat my 1st collection so I couldn't say for sure.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending