The Student Room Group

Crashed mums car

Haha, I thought it would be a good idea to persuade my mum to reverse her car out of the driveway and straighten it (after having two lessons). So I proceeded on to do that.. took my foot off the clutch and it went on my neighbours' grass and hit their wall.
Feel so guilty that my mum and dad have to pay for the dents on my mums car.
im still in shock.. everything happened so quickly, felt so embarrassed in front of my neighbours :frown:
Can someone give me advice as i am an only child
thanks

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Harrisn
Haha, I thought it would be a good idea to persuade my mum to reverse her car out of the driveway and straighten it (after having two lessons). So I proceeded on to do that.. took my foot off the clutch and it went on my neighbours' grass and hit their wall.
im still in shock.. everything happened so quickly, felt so embarrassed in front of my neighbours :frown:
thanks

Just apologise and agree to look after them in their old age.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Just apologise and agree to look after them in their old age.

Haha yeah good one..!
Original post by Harrisn
Haha yeah good one..!

How have they reacted? How much damage?
Just go and apologised to them now? Will draw a line under it.
Might be more important to do well in exams.
Reply 4
They forgave me, I apologised to the neighbour but I’m still embarrassed to face the neighbours
And yeah I haven’t been very motivated to revise this might be the motivation that I was looking for..?
Hahahahahaha that is funny sh1t!

I think I’m going to do that JUST FOR FUN!
Reply 6
Original post by Andyredblue
Hahahahahaha that is funny sh1t!

I think I’m going to do that JUST FOR FUN!

You shouldn’t lad not funny it is literally embarrassing won’t be able to look her in they eye nearly killed the *****
Original post by harrisn
you shouldn’t lad not funny it is literally embarrassing won’t be able to look her in they eye nearly killed the *****

no i definitely should!!!
Original post by Harrisn
They forgave me, I apologised to the neighbour but I’m still embarrassed to face the neighbours
And yeah I haven’t been very motivated to revise this might be the motivation that I was looking for..?

You have the rest of your life to learn to drive a car/pass your test
You only have 4 months to pass your exams
If you do really well you can show your neighbours that you aren't a complete numpty, just like 40% one who needs to practice clutch control
What does being an only child have to do with it? Your mum was stupid to let you do anything after 2 lessons. My mum took me to a car park where there was plenty of space. Just apologise and she’ll get over it.
Reply 11
Original post by Harrisn
thanks

Do you actually have a driving licence and insurance?
Reply 12
Original post by iElvendork
You have the rest of your life to learn to drive a car/pass your test
You only have 4 months to pass your exams
If you do really well you can show your neighbours that you aren't a complete numpty, just like 40% one who needs to practice clutch control

Yeah that’s true need to get back on track, haha not really sure my neighbors care luckily there was no damage on her wall however there was some damage on the car
Reply 13
Original post by YaliaV
What does being an only child have to do with it? Your mum was stupid to let you do anything after 2 lessons. My mum took me to a car park where there was plenty of space. Just apologise and she’ll get over it.

Shatap I’m asking people for advice, and me mams not stupid. My driveway is massive I was about to stop it but since her cars clutch is different it sped up and lead to..
Original post by Harrisn
Shatap I’m asking people for advice, and me mams not stupid. My driveway is massive I was about to stop it but since her cars clutch is different it sped up and lead to..

Bumps happen when you’re learning. She’s not going to disown you.
Original post by YaliaV
Bumps happen when you’re learning. She’s not going to disown you.

It's her own fault :P
Don't worry, I crashed my uncle's Yamaha R1 once in his driveway and dented the whole fuel tank. Happens...just learn from your mistakes and move on, don't let small things make you feel low :smile:
Original post by IWMTom
Do you actually have a driving licence and insurance?

Nee norr nee norr, insurance police.
You're still learning to drive, don't worry about it. Get yourself a job and pay them back for the damages you caused.

Original post by MrCole&Co
Nee norr nee norr, insurance police.

[video="youtube;c3eaE4btpKI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3eaE4btpKI[/video]

Spoiler

You asked her for permission, so it's her fault for letting an inexperienced driver in her car. You'll be fine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending