The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Reading Accomadation

I am most likely going to move to reading for my placement year from Cardiff in the Summer and needed help finding some good accommodation in and around Reading. Can anyone tip me on what cheap accommodation areas there are in Reading and what is the best? Thanks
Original post by Allias Cody
I am most likely going to move to reading for my placement year from Cardiff in the Summer and needed help finding some good accommodation in and around Reading. Can anyone tip me on what cheap accommodation areas there are in Reading and what is the best? Thanks

Hi,

It is great to hear you are considering coming to the Reading area on your placement year. In terms of accommodation it depends what you are really looking for, price wise. If you are looking for the most 'economically viable' option (aka the cheapest), then shared housing is probably your best bet. As a placement student you should still be eligible for council tax exceptions, meaning you can live easily around Reading.
To find such student shared housing, it is best to use facebook groups, which exist (easily found through a facebook search), to help find others who are either similarly on placement, or are looking for additional people to join their houses. The Student's Union also host a number of 'Find a Flatmate' events over the summer, which can be really helpful for those who are looking for people to stay with.
In terms of areas, there are no real 'cheaper' areas, given Reading's proximity to London, the price of housing is quite high. However for many students this is still affordable when sharing accommodation.
If however you would prefer more professional housing options, going through one of the hundreds of Estate agents is also an option, with many of these also being well equipped to help you find good quality housing for you.

I hope this helps,
Tom :smile:
Final Year Psychology Student and Student Ambassador
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi !
I am renting out my studio room from late April until July! Its in a great location; central reading and easy commute to uni, and for a really reasonable price!
Let me know if you're interested!

Good luck,
Carolina
Reply 3
Hi, any luck with this?
I am moving to Reading soon for work and looking for accomodation too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending