The Student Room Group

Study Medicine in Europe

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FatWalrice99
Cluj is pretty competitive though right? It's going to be pretty hard to get in.

Not sure about the English program but a lot of my French friends got into the French program quite easily.
Original post by arigziegler
Not sure about the English program but a lot of my French friends got into the French program quite easily.

Ah okay, I should definitely have a look into Cluj, thanks for your help!
Reply 82
Take Cluj if you can because it's miles better than Bucharest but Romania as a whole is a pretty corrupt and misogynous country so good luck with that. Stuff is pretty cheap there though so there's a perk.

what a disgusting racist you are.
Original post by hotali
what a disgusting racist you are.

Excuse me?
I'm speaking from experience I used to live in Romania tyvm.

Also how was this "racist" in anyway?
(edited 5 years ago)
Excuse me?
I'm speaking from experience I used to live in Romania tyvm.

Also how was this "racist" in anyway?

I'm confused 😂
I'm confused 😂

Idk this person obviously just wants to stir up trouble...
Idk this person obviously just wants to stir up trouble...

Yeah just forget about it, I don't know how they got the racism thing though.
Original post by ap.ferro
Study in Europe?
We are in Europe.
I would choose Prague. Aside from being a very good university, the city is much better than Plovdiv or any other eastern/central european city IMO. Other cities I would recommend would be Budapest and Krakow.

what about fees? do you think for someone on a budget, Ukranian medical schools are more affordable
Original post by Oxmaster
what about fees? do you think for someone on a budget, Ukranian medical schools are more affordable

Yes Ukraine med schools are definitely cheaper by a long shot.
Reply 89
Hey I’m also considering studying dentistry in Ukraine. which university are you applying to? I wasted like 3 years trying to get into a good university for dentistry so I guess I should just go to Ukraine :tongue:
Reply 90
Why are you picking Ukraine for dentistry out of curiosity?
And the only place that offers dentistry that I know of is Dnirpo. They have it in English.

It’s cheaper and easier to get into. I don’t know if I should go ahead and join a university in Ukraine..
Original post by jamjarz
It’s cheaper and easier to get into. I don’t know if I should go ahead and join a university in Ukraine..

Ukraine is nice my sister studies there and she recommended it to me to go there since I’m interested in joining medical school too. So you can go ahead and apply it’s nice there 👍🏻
Original post by Christianbekre
Ukraine is nice my sister studies there and she recommended it to me to go there since I’m interested in joining medical school too. So you can go ahead and apply it’s nice there 👍🏻

Where you thinking of applying?
Where you thinking of applying?

Yes I am :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Christianbekre
Yes I am :smile:

Lol wherr though?
To be fair even ukraine is a good choice. It's also cheaper than romania and they got really neat programs. I'm starting in the 2k19 entry (sep)
Czech are really good Universities no doubt. Definitely one of the best in Europe for sure.
But for me personally the fees are just too much per year. That combined with living costs you know.
That's why I'm searching into Romania. Can't afford anywhere else. I can't even afford Bulgaria.
Have you thought about Ireland? It’s Europe and English speaking so no language barrier (assuming you are from uk). I’d love to study there one day :smile:)
I'm in Dublin. We have some decent med schools for sure, but requirements are extremely high. If you're trying for it put all you got into getting there :smile:

Oh haha. I wanted to study medicine but realised i don’t want to be a dr so I’d like to study biomedical science or biochemistry. What’s it like living in Ireland? My friend said Men don’t look at you like they do in London. It’s like they respect women there!
You bet i'm excited :biggrin: I was planning on going to romania as well tbh but i'm kind of tight in budget, and well i'll pay almost 1000 dollars less in Ukraine so why not :tongue:

Good luck! Are you using an agency? I'm in Ireland so I need a EU medical degree. Going to Craiova, Romania for it. Are you excited? Are you a graduate or starting normally?
hi

how are you all feeling about studying medicine abroad?
i was speaking to someome today & they said that it is almost “cheating” the system by bypassing the higher entry requirements here
i have also heard so many anecdotal stories from british-studied doctors who said that their eastern european counterparts initially lack in their clinical skills / experience due to language differences and different teaching emphasises

this all makes me feel a bit low. any opinions?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending