The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Why do more people not go vegan?

Scroll to see replies

That's very wrong actually.. milk is produced for the calf (child) and just like humans milk is produced as long as it is getting milked,
It's not actually natural for any animal to stay sucking on its mom for ever, so no, when we part from the tit, we have parted from the tit.
Original post by sinfonietta
I was vegetarian for a couple of years. If anything it made me appreciate and enjoy meat more when I started eating it again.

I could never go vegan. I love dairy. Cows would still need milking even if no one consumed jt!

We deliberately breed cows for milking. If more people were vegan, there wouldn't be unhappily unmilked cows. Those cows would just never exist. Given the realities of the modern dairy industry, that's probably what's best for them.

Anyhow you seem to have made your choice. I'm not necessarily trying to convert you - just unpick your logic a little.
Original post by FutureMissMRCS
There is vegan cheese out there,and it tastes nice.

SOME vegan cheese tastes nice, at least. >.>
Original post by FutureMissMRCS
There is vegan cheese out there,and it tastes nice.

To be fair, there are plenty of disgusting dairy cheese varieties out there too.
Because if we do not eat meat, then our bodies get angry apparently and decide to screw us over after a while. Plus, because nature designed us to eat meat. I do not think you can survive on fruits and vegetables alone, man.
Reply 25
Just like being vegan is a choice, eating meat is my choice
Reply 26
Original post by goggleyed
because animals are delicious and vegans are ****ing boring

who gives a **** if they can feel pain. bet it doesn't come anywhere close to the belly pain i get if i don't eat meat. pray for goggleyed :frown:

You're nothing but a pathetic little scumbag.
Original post by Qup
Because if we do not eat meat, then our bodies get angry apparently and decide to screw us over after a while. Plus, because nature designed us to eat meat. I do not think you can survive on fruits and vegetables alone, man.

I used to think the same, but if you look at what your body needs to function, fruits vegetables, etc provide more than meat, if it was just only one or the other you couldn't survive in most alone, have a look into it!, and nature didn't design use to eat meat we adapted to eat meat
Original post by mt98
Just like being vegan is a choice, eating meat is my choice

Not really... you have been brought up eating it, its normal, not really your choice
It’s the norm to eat meat and it hasn’t really been questioned until fairly recently. Veganism is becoming more popular though and I think it will continue to grow.
Reply 30
Original post by YaliaV
It’s the norm to eat meat and it hasn’t really been questioned until fairly recently. Veganism is becoming more popular though and I think it will continue to grow.

There's a very good documentary called What you eat matters. It's on Youtube. Everyone should watch it, made me cry, it was so hard to watch. I want to be vegan (I'm vegetarian atm) but it's difficult, it seems like diary is in so many products.
Original post by Ciel.
There's a very good documentary called What you eat matters. It's on Youtube. Everyone should watch it, made me cry, it was so hard to watch. I want to be vegan (I'm vegetarian atm) but it's difficult, it seems like diary is in so many products.

That is a big issue, with supermarkets etc.. we eat somewhat is available, there is thousands plus things to eat with out dairy meat etc... do you feel vegans are missing guidance??
Reply 32
Original post by Tenchu10
That is a big issue, with supermarkets etc.. we eat somewhat is available, there is thousands plus things to eat with out dairy meat etc... do you feel vegans are missing guidance??

I don't know, I think it's kinda a matter of convenience? And also habits? For example, there's not a lot of vegan chocolate brands to choose from. Or ice cream... And often the products just don't taste as good, too. Some restaurants only offer like 1 or 2 vegan option.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Ciel.
I don't know, I think it's kinda a matter of convenience? And also habits? For example, there's not a lot of vegan chocolate brands to choose from. Or ice cream... And often the products just don't taste as good, too. Some restaurants only offer like 1 or 2 vegan option.

Very true, chocolate is actually vegan.. it's the original Cadbury recipe that added dairy... your lucky to get a vegan offering in general I think, as food does expire you would cook for what people are buying
Cause I love meat in my mouth.
Reply 35
Original post by Tenchu10
Very true, chocolate is actually vegan.. it's the original Cadbury recipe that added dairy... your lucky to get a vegan offering in general I think, as food does expire you would cook for what people are buying

Yeah. We are so used to the taste of it, though, that the actual real thing just tastes odd to us. I think we are slowly getting more and more vegan products, so there's hope : )
Original post by RichPiana
Cause I love meat in my mouth.

A interesting and in depth view, thanks for sharing
Original post by Ciel.

I think the meat industry controlled things for a long time. I’ve been a vegetarian for years and I would also like to become a vegan, but this country is pretty awful when it comes to vegan products. I’ve heard a lot more people talk about cutting down on meat due to environmental/ethical concerns. I think the tide is changing.
Unfortunately that cow milk would be consumed by the calf’s. Milk from cows is meant for their babies yet we force them to become pregnant for the milk.I’m sorry this sounds preachy! I couldn’t phrase it differently sorry!
Original post by Abbie Janson
animals are lovely creatures and feel pain when slaughtered, so why so many people still eat meat? do you not feel guilty? why don't more people go vegan then there won't be a demand for meat in the shops, it makes me cry that many people still eat animals.

People have been told their whole life that consuming animal products is fine and even necessary, so they try to justify their actions and the violence they are desensitised to, rather than update their opinions when presented with new information. Eating animals is convenient, socially accepted, and tasty, and that's all some people care about. Being vegan in a world of non vegans is difficult, I understand how you feel.

Latest

Trending

Trending