The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I was offered an interview within a week of applying to RGU but had to turn it down as it’s not feasible to travel or move there. I haven’t heard a thing from GCU or QMU, wondering when I should expect to hear anything. I applied on deadline day 15th jan
Reply 2
Hey I also applied for RGU and have an interview tomorrow ! My friend also had a interview in January and said that it is very informal and you do a mixture of interview and group activities. I have unfortunately not heard back from QMU but have been rejected from GCU for diagnostic radiography but haven't heard anything back for child nursing . Hope this helps ! Good luck !
Reply 3
Sorry you got rejected from gcu did you get any feedback ?
Reply 4
Original post by Eddieddo
Sorry you got rejected from gcu did you get any feedback ?

Hey they said that my application wasn't as competitive as other applicants as I do not have the entry grades
Reply 5
Hi! I applied for diagnostic Radiography last year and I got in and chose deferred entry, I chose to go to RGU and I start in September this year! if anyone wants to know anything about the interviews, let me know! everyone I met was really friendly and the interviews were a lot more casual than I thought. I went to the interview at RGU but they never held any at QMU or GCU I just got a reply via UCAS
Reply 6
Original post by kijojo
Hi! I applied for diagnostic Radiography last year and I got in and chose deferred entry, I chose to go to RGU and I start in September this year! if anyone wants to know anything about the interviews, let me know! everyone I met was really friendly and the interviews were a lot more casual than I thought. I went to the interview at RGU but they never held any at QMU or GCU I just got a reply via UCAS

Congrutulations, how exciting!
Do you remember roughly when you heard back from qmu or gcu? I heard back from RGU so quickly for that interview that I’m now super on edge just waiting for a decision on the unis I can realistically commute to.
I think I would’ve went to RGU but I have a 9 month old baby and we can’t really uproot and move to Aberdeen.
Reply 7
(Original post by Akokiri)Congrutulations, how exciting!
Do you remember roughly when you heard back from qmu or gcu? I heard back from RGU so quickly for that interview that I’m now super on edge just waiting for a decision on the unis I can realistically commute to.
I think I would’ve went to RGU but I have a 9 month old baby and we can’t really uproot and move to Aberdeen.

Hi, I heard back from QMU and GCU around the same time in March last year
Reply 8
Original post by kijojo
(Original post by Akokiri)Congrutulations, how exciting!

Hi, I heard back from QMU and GCU around the same time in March last year

Ah March, the waiting game. Thanks for letting me know. Good luck with your studies in Aberdeen 😊
Reply 9
Original post by Akokiri
Ah March, the waiting game. Thanks for letting me know. Good luck with your studies in Aberdeen 😊

thank you! good luck with GCU and QMU!!
Original post by Amyferguson
Hey I'm applying for diagnostic radiography and have had an interview for RGU wondering if anyone else has heard anything back from RGU, QMU or GCU?

Hey ! Have you heard back from RGU yet ? I have heard back from QMU and have a conditional offer for therapeutic radiography. Hope everything is going well
Hey! I have now got a conditional offer for QMU too but still waiting to hear back from GCU and RGU. Waiting is killing me! Congrats on your offer!
Original post by Cookchlo
Hey ! Have you heard back from RGU yet ? I have heard back from QMU and have a conditional offer for therapeutic radiography. Hope everything is going well
Reply 12
Oh congrats you must be so chuffed 😊
Waiting around is killing me I just wanna know soon, hopefully won’t be too much longer 😅

Original post by Amyferguson
Hey! I have now got a conditional offer for QMU too but still waiting to hear back from GCU and RGU. Waiting is killing me! Congrats on your offer!
I had a selection visit/ interview for the MRad Radiography at RGU, I believe we are to hear back before the last week of March or by the 28th?
(*edit - I checked, it's the 29th)
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 14
Received an unconditional offer for GCU on March 6th, still waiting for QMU to get back.
Congratulations, when did you interview and do you already have A level results? I am also waiting for GCU to get back.
Original post by Akokiri
Received an unconditional offer for GCU on March 6th, still waiting for QMU to get back.
Reply 16
Thank you! I didn’t go to an interview.
Yeah, I’m 26 so mature student i got AAAAB in Scottish highers and have an ordinary degree in immunology.
Original post by Portwest
Congratulations, when did you interview and do you already have A level results? I am also waiting for GCU to get back.
Hey how's it going with everyone ? I heard back from RGU last night and have received a conditional offer for dignostic radiography ! Hope everything is going well !
Original post by Akokiri
Thank you! I didn’t go to an interview.
Yeah, I’m 26 so mature student i got AAAAB in Scottish highers and have an ordinary degree in immunology.
Last week I received (and accepted) an offer for RGU! will anyone be joining me?
Hey, I know this is an old thread, but I have my interview at RGU tomorrow for Radiography and was wondering if anyone can tell me what it was like/ what to expect? Thanks.

Latest