The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL IMB applicants 2019

Hey,
I have applied to UCL for the IMB course, was wondering if anyone got offers for this course yet.
Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by wayohazardz
Hi everyone, my names Joshua Wayoe. I'm a third year Information Management for Business student at UCL and I'm here to help out with any questions you may have. I remember applying and feeling so lost and wondering whether I'd get in. So good luck to all of you on your choices.

I also wanted to say I have started a podcast on YouTube which explains how my friends and I got into UCL and what it is like: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCllv9UWmGjzvOJ15vxk-K6Q/videos?view_as=subscriber

I'd appreciate it if you have a listen and hopefully it can help answer some of the questions you have :smile: Thanks everyone!!

Thanks for the info! Much appreciated.
Me and my friends have applied to UCL for IMB, eagerly waiting for UCL to reply. To be honest, i have kinda lost hope cuz it has been around 2 months.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
No worries at all!! Honestly, don't lose hope!! I applied in November 2015 and didn't hear a thing until March 2016 and got a rejection. But with perseverance, I managed to get in. I discuss all of this on the podcast in depth. The admissions at UCL is just horrible I don't think it is structured well. But just maintain hope you've all got this :smile:
Reply 3
No worries at all!! Honestly, don't lose hope!! I applied in November 2015 and didn't hear a thing until March 2016 and got a rejection. But with perseverance, I managed to get in. I discuss all of this on the podcast in depth. The admissions at UCL is just horrible I don't think it is structured well. But just maintain hope you've all got this :smile: @dicey_dicey

Thanks a lot for the support man, means a lot. I think i wrote about 50% IT and 50% management in my PS and my predicted IB score is around 40, i really don't know if i will manage to get an offer. -fingers crossed-
No worries at all!! Honestly, don't lose hope!! I applied in November 2015 and didn't hear a thing until March 2016 and got a rejection. But with perseverance, I managed to get in. I discuss all of this on the podcast in depth. The admissions at UCL is just horrible I don't think it is structured well. But just maintain hope you've all got this :smile:

Would you recommend this course?
Reply 5
Original post by Asdfghjkl12399
Would you recommend this course?

Honestly, I would say there are a lot of modules which haven't turned out the way I expected. I feel they could have had better lecturers and teaching methods especially for the programming modules. But on the flip side they do get you to engage with top companies with events and what not. I explain a lot of this in my podcast CultrTalk on youtube that might help. With all of this, I still reckon I would pick IMB at UCL
Reply 6
Original post by dicey_dicey
Thanks a lot for the support man, means a lot. I think i wrote about 50% IT and 50% management in my PS and my predicted IB score is around 40, i really don't know if i will manage to get an offer. -fingers crossed-

Literally anytime and if you or anyone else has any questions let me know. I remember wanting to know more about the course and keep your head up you'll get it fingers crossed 👏🏾
Original post by jwayoe
Literally anytime and if you or anyone else has any questions let me know. I remember wanting to know more about the course and keep your head up you'll get it fingers crossed 👏🏾

What was the reason behind your rejection if you don’t mind me asking? My personal statement was mainly based on management so I’m abit worried
Reply 8
What was the reason behind your rejection if you don’t mind me asking? My personal statement was mainly based on management so I’m abit worried

In the past, people like you did get offers. They don't need you to have a comp sci background. So, I think it's fine. Good luck mate.
Reply 9

They claim that it was due to my application not being as strong as other applicants. But I don't believe that at all because two friends of mine who went to the same sixth form I did got worse grades than me and got accepted within a week. They only sent their applications off a week before I did. I think my application fell into a pile which wasn't looked at early and therefore as they informed me "the course is oversubscribed".
Offer for IMB AAA or ABB with access UCL.
Original post by Hello231
Offer for IMB AAA or ABB with access UCL.

When did u get it?
2 days ago
what are ur stats and when did u apply fo it?

btw congrats!
Thank you. Predicted grades are AAA. Applied beginning of January. Surprised I got an offer to be honest, had nothing about computing or programming in my personal statement.
Welldone!
Original post by Hello231
Thank you. Predicted grades are AAA. Applied beginning of January. Surprised I got an offer to be honest, had nothing about computing or programming in my personal statement.

Did you meet the gcse requirements too?
They are sending out rejections also!
Didn’t know there were GCSE requirements. Got nearly all As with a C in computer science.
Original post by dicey_dicey
They are sending out rejections also!

For IMB ?
Yes, one of my friends got rejected yesterday.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending