The Student Room Group

i think im very weirdddd

okay soo..
im a year 11 student - most important year
but i go veryyyyy sensitive when im lessons we talk about blood, body - everything biology based. same thing in history, learning about medicine. its hard for me to revise and sit still im class as it makes me quite nauseous.. idk is that weird ??
what do i do?
do any of you have an issue like this ?😭😭😭😭
Ah yeh I’ve seen people like this. I guess you’d have to get used to it maybe start looking at pictures of blood and the body then gradually build it up and then start to learn to relax with seeing this and focus on breathing then be presented with the thing where u can not avoid this, if you cant handle this then back to stage on. Though it might be genetic. Talk with your teacher so u can stand outside or something whilst you have to look at these things.
Okay right so, when I did GCSE biology (I’m in year 13 now) I always felt SO nauseous when the teacher talked about veins and the heart and stuff..so weird because normally I’m pretty good with gore
Just the thought of semilunar valves makes me want to vomit lol
I used to get shaky hands and found it difficult to breathe and couldn’t write my notes properly

It was weird lol
So don’t worry you’re not alone
Reply 3
I'm absolutely the same. I'm fine looking at the worst gore but as soon as you start talking about the body in a more clinical sense I can barely sit up straight
Reply 4
Original post by Cheeky_nandos
Ah yeh I’ve seen people like this. I guess you’d have to get used to it maybe start looking at pictures of blood and the body then gradually build it up and then start to learn to relax with seeing this and focus on breathing then be presented with the thing where u can not avoid this, if you cant handle this then back to stage on. Though it might be genetic. Talk with your teacher so u can stand outside or something whilst you have to look at these things.

i feel like looking at pictures of things like this will totally freak me outt 😱 but thank you
I get funny at looking at blood and looking at sex and stuff maybe that's normal??
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Izzythestudent
Okay right so, when I did GCSE biology (I’m in year 13 now) I always felt SO nauseous when the teacher talked about veins and the heart and stuff..so weird because normally I’m pretty good with gore
Just the thought of semilunar valves makes me want to vomit lol
I used to get shaky hands and found it difficult to breathe and couldn’t write my notes properly

It was weird lol
So don’t worry you’re not alone

oh thank you. it makes me feel so much better that its not just me, you dont understanddd 😨
how did you cope with revision & did you let your teachers know- personally, i think they will just say ahh you’re over exaggerating.
thanks for your response xx
Reply 7
thanks, it makes me feel much better that im not just weird.. x
Reply 8
Original post by Beth xxx
I get funny at looking at blood and that lol

does it disgust you or do you have a different feeling ?
Reply 9
Original post by Sataris
I'm absolutely the same. I'm fine looking at the worst gore but as soon as you start talking about the body in a more clinical sense I can barely sit up straight

yhh, its nice to feel that it isnt just me. thank you. x
how do u cope with it ??
Original post by Jagoda1402
does it disgust you or do you have a different feeling ?

A little I get a bit disgust by looking at that stuff
Reply 11
Original post by Beth xxx
A little I get a bit disgust by looking at that stuff

do you just deal with it or do u have to like just stop and leave
yhh, its nice to feel that it isnt just me. thank you. x
how do u cope with it ??

Wellll, biology GCSE was a long time ago now. I think I just tried to block it out and think about other things whilst gulping down water :lol:
Reply 13
Original post by Sataris
Wellll, biology GCSE was a long time ago now. I think I just tried to block it out and think about other things whilst gulping down water :lol:

I feel like if i speak to my teachers they will say that im over exaggerating
do you just deal with it or do u have to like just stop and leave

It doesn't go that far that I have to leave the classroom but just deal
with it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending