The Student Room Group

RAF Uniform

Hey,
I’m new to all this. But I wanted to ask if anyone knows about the uniforms in the forces. I know what the marines look like. However, I wanted to know if RAF wear greens? I’ve seen RAF members wearing green around camps but never know whether I’m seeing Army or RAF!!
Also looking to join either force so any help/advice/support would be hugely appreciated!!
Thanks x
Reply 1
Yes the RAF do wear greens. Easiest way to distinguish them will be their beret (blue) or their tac flash on their arm
Reply 2
Original post by WCFLK
Yes the RAF do wear greens. Easiest way to distinguish them will be their beret (blue) or their tac flash on their arm

Ok! Thank you!! Do you know what they wear greens for?
Reply 3
During phase 1 training you'll wear them during mod 1 & 2. Mod 3 you'll wear blues.

During phase 2 they'll be worn as and when dictated by the training staff (also depends on your trade).

Once you've completed trade training it will depend on your role, what you're doing at the time etc
Reply 4
Original post by WCFLK
During phase 1 training you'll wear them during mod 1 & 2. Mod 3 you'll wear blues.

During phase 2 they'll be worn as and when dictated by the training staff (also depends on your trade).

Once you've completed trade training it will depend on your role, what you're doing at the time etc

Wow, thank you so much!!
Reply 5
RAF Regiment will also usually wear greens, officers and other ranks; though there are certain office jobs where the former will wear blues.

Another difference is how the rank is shown between the different branches of the military.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by H.annns
Hey,
I’m new to all this. But I wanted to ask if anyone knows about the uniforms in the forces. I know what the marines look like. However, I wanted to know if RAF wear greens? I’ve seen RAF members wearing green around camps but never know whether I’m seeing Army or RAF!!
Also looking to join either force so any help/advice/support would be hugely appreciated!!
Thanks x

Hi

Have you had a look here?

https://www.raf.mod.uk/recruitment

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment

Quick Reply

Latest