The Student Room Group

How many languages do you speak?

Just wondering how many languages people speak and the variety within.

Scroll to see replies

5. English, urdu, hindi, tamil and Arabic
2. English, Telugu
Reply 3
Just about 1
I can speak Spanish, French, German, Arabic, Russian, Korean and a little bit of Japanese
(edited 5 years ago)
Thanks for the replies!I speak:colone:nglish (of course) Urdu (passive and moderately fluent)Afrikaans ( again moderate)French (in process of learning)
only 2, english and polish. however, i learn welsh in school but i'm not that good at it.
Original post by Beth xxx
I can speak Spanish, French, German, Arabic, Russian, Korean and a little bit of Japanese

woooow im jealous
Original post by Beth xxx

where are you from if you don't mind me asking
Original post by xcatcatastrophex
Just wondering how many languages people speak and the variety within.

I speak English obv. french, Algerian and arabic (idk if Algerian is counted as a language but normally arabs don't understand it soo yeah)
3 - english, french, and german (few words in italian)
English, Persian [dialects: Iranian & Khorasani] and some French
Original post by mia_jaja
I speak English obv. french, Algerian and arabic (idk if Algerian is counted as a language but normally arabs don't understand it soo yeah)

lol have a few Algerian friends, they call it darija I think. they just sound liketheyre speaking regular arabic but just fast and with a few French words/thick accent
English, arabic,, dutch, Italian (fully understand, speakings gone downhill as don't use it much) & Somali. I predict in the next 10 years or so I will only be fluent in English, arabic and dutch
Original post by Abdi17272728
lol have a few Algerian friends, they call it darija I think. they just sound liketheyre speaking regular arabic but just fast and with a few French words/thick accent

yup you could say that but its not rlly arabic bcz my dad (an arab) doesn't understand my mom when she speaks darija, I;ve heard it depends on your city
Original post by Abdi17272728
English, arabic,, dutch, Italian (fully understand, speakings gone downhill as don't use it much) & Somali. I predict in the next 10 years or so I will only be fluent in English, arabic and dutch

niceeee hopefully it works out for you
Spanish, English, French, Italian( that i can understand because it's similar to Spanish it basically Spanish and French mixed together) , Dutch ( learning) Benin( i can understand ( a place in nigeria)) Japanese ( through watching many animes ngl) and German
How have you learnt these languages?
Ie: studying at school, mother tongue/ father tongue language of the country you live in.

Again thank you for so many replies on my first post!! 😁
Original post by xcatcatastrophex
How have you learnt these languages?
Ie: studying at school, mother tongue/ father tongue language of the country you live in.

Again thank you for so many replies on my first post!! 😁

Ik French and Algerian bcz my mom is Algerian and we lived in France for 4 years and ik arabic bcz my dad is arab and for English well its the universal language everyone knows English
None because English is not a language

Quick Reply

Latest