The Student Room Group

UWS Midwifery Applicants 2019

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ellie8202
Thank you so much!! I’m so happy, hope you hear back good news soon xx

Fingers and toes crossed xx
I felt the same with my group on Friday too chick it had big personalities in it. I’ve came away thinking I did everything I could have in the situation and just letting the good old if it’s for me it won’t go by me saying to keep me going haha I’m not sure wen we will hear but Thursday interviewees heard yesterday so u just never know?! 🤷🏻 xx
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by LAHam1987
I felt the same with my group too on Friday chick it has big personalities in it. I’ve came away thinking I did everything I could have in the situation and just letting the good old if it’s for me it won’t go by me saying to keep me going haha I’m not sure wen we will hear but Thursday interviewees heard yesterday so u just never know?! 🤷🏻*♀️ were u the morning or afternoon? X

The group were lovely and very supportive. Good luck to you x
(edited 5 years ago)
LauraM7

Sorry to buzz into UWU
There's stiff competition for places nearly at every university in country, hopefully you will be one of the 70 intaskes, and everyone else all over as well will be same as yourself.

Experience nothing to do with, its how you present your self on the day that's counts more ( they may look at those with experience but it don't count for much ) you might have been far better than those with experience, don't put yourself down as be positive ok.and think if you sold yourself to them to be on the list to start your student midwife nursing training,

I do understand how you may feel but I hope you do well.

I'm about to sit finals exams for my midwifery training and hopefully qualify this Summer, I been looking and applying now for fulltime positions for midwives but to be honest there's only around 8 posts for midwifes in whole of NHS Scotland out of over 1400 vacancies for various nursing posts, so image how many third year students midwives nurses are qualifying soon in scotland and there's not many jobs available for all of us........... ( I did find one vacancy that will be available for third year students midwives qualifying this years on grade 5 as they want one newly qualified midwife and a grade 6 ) - that's in Fife, the rest of post are all grade 6 positions, the interviews are for mid April with hopefully with starting in sometime May, this is because of exams in late April / early May, its long time to await when you are unknowingly aware of jobs positions.

Good luck and you hopefully know soon but as you said they have around 500 + applications to riddle down to only 70 places.
Reply 244
Original post by LauraM7
Feel the same to be honest. X

I wish you the best of luck! Xx
Original post by CowieM
They said week of 18th March or within the week of your interview if you got a particularly excellent score. Looking back I'm wondering if I should have spoken more about my own experiences and qualities... did you guys talk about that at all? I have no idea how I did to be honest, it's so hard to gage.

This is how I’m feeling too, I interviewed on Wednesday morning and came away feeling positive but when I was hearing of those getting places (over the moon for them) I now feel like I’m doubting myself, thinking I didn’t speak enough in group, it was hard to talk in group though, as there was so many of us all trying to get our points across but it was hard to get a word in. Will just need to wait and see and like one of you said on above post, what for you won’t go by you. Good luck everyone xx
dani0189

Be positive okay, don't beast yourself up about it, you went in with positive attitude and put your best case forward but I think you right regarding big groups of people together trying to do there bit in trying to get a place....... My opinion would be that everybody get a cert time each to put forward there case to the panel or whoever took the group but that don't happen unfortunately,
Just try being positive and hopefully you do well and get offered position on courser.

Good luck yo you and all those others who applied to be a student midwife xx
dani0189

This for reply back

Yeah its not really much time to actually discuss whatever picture you had and put yourself forward like if you was a actually nurse,
Good you felt positive about the picture part, and its harder if you in large group, if I remember I was in small group of about 10 and we had I think just under 120 minutes each and it was frustration because others kept putting others off by making notices or drop stuff I think deliberately but it didn't put me of as seen through this.

Yes hopefully they seen your qualities and they pick you..... Don't be put off because others maybe more experience as its don't count for anything, its on the day that matters more.

Good luck and I hope to here you got a place.
xx
Original post by tittietracy
dani0189

This for reply back

Yeah its not really much time to actually discuss whatever picture you had and put yourself forward like if you was a actually nurse,
Good you felt positive about the picture part, and its harder if you in large group, if I remember I was in small group of about 10 and we had I think just under 120 minutes each and it was frustration because others kept putting others off by making notices or drop stuff I think deliberately but it didn't put me of as seen through this.

Yes hopefully they seen your qualities and they pick you..... Don't be put off because others maybe more experience as its don't count for anything, its on the day that matters more.

Good luck and I hope to here you got a place.
xx

Fingers crossed! Thank you xxx
Reply 249
Original post by dani0189
This is how I’m feeling too, I interviewed on Wednesday morning and came away feeling positive but when I was hearing of those getting places (over the moon for them) I now feel like I’m doubting myself, thinking I didn’t speak enough in group, it was hard to talk in group though, as there was so many of us all trying to get our points across but it was hard to get a word in. Will just need to wait and see and like one of you said on above post, what for you won’t go by you. Good luck everyone xx

You speak my mind! I'm so glad I'm not the only one feeling this way. Best of luck xxx
Original post by CowieM
You speak my mind! I'm so glad I'm not the only one feeling this way. Best of luck xxx

Best of luck to you too! Xxx
Reply 251
Hi everyone, I thought they said they had 97 spaces on the midwifery course for UWS? Good luck guys I have my fingers crossed for everyone, and hope you hear soon 🤞🏻
Original post by Ali 3
Hi everyone, I thought they said they had 97 spaces on the midwifery course for UWS? Good luck guys I have my fingers crossed for everyone, and hope you hear soon 🤞🏻

I’m sure 97 is correct x
Reply 253
yeah, I thought that’s what they said on Monday. That’s a great intake for midwifery considering it was probably half that a few years back.
It is disheartening when you hear they are interviewing as much people, because so just think with the odds you’ve not got a chance 😞, but all we can do is go and try our best and hope our passion shines through.
I was happy with how I did on monday, but then I started overthinking it, and wishing I had said more. I was lucky to have a really lovely group and we just all bounced of each other, and it was much more relaxed than I thought it was going to be xx
Original post by Ali 3
yeah, I thought that’s what they said on Monday. That’s a great intake for midwifery considering it was probably half that a few years back.
It is disheartening when you hear they are interviewing as much people, because so just think with the odds you’ve not got a chance 😞, but all we can do is go and try our best and hope our passion shines through.
I was happy with how I did on monday, but then I started overthinking it, and wishing I had said more. I was lucky to have a really lovely group and we just all bounced of each other, and it was much more relaxed than I thought it was going to be xx

I feel exactly the same! It’s so hard, but just keep being positive! My group were lovely too, it was way more relaxed than I imagined. Good luck to you, hopefully we all hear soon x
Just got a conditional offer through UCAS, so pleased. My interview was the Monday
Original post by jol0123
Just got a conditional offer through UCAS, so pleased. My interview was the Monday

Congratulations!! Xx
Congratulations!! Xx

Thank you x
Congrats ladies on getting ur offers! I’m so jealous since I Couldn’t go for it in the end this year lol 😭 fingers crossed it will be me next year x
Congrats to you too! When was your interview @dani0189? X

Hi, it was last Wednesday x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending