The Student Room Group

Tier 4 visa revoked

One of my friend who has been doing his Under graduation course at UWL finished 1st year and came back for second year. He did not attend a single lecture in the first term and went back to India in Christmas Holidays. He missed his emails and came back in january and was deported to India from the airport itself as his Tier 4 visa had been revoked. What are the different options available to him now?
Please help.
Thanks
why was it revoked?
Original post by tvomp2
One of my friend who has been doing his Under graduation course at UWL finished 1st year and came back for second year. He did not attend a single lecture in the first term and went back to India in Christmas Holidays. He missed his emails and came back in january and was deported to India from the airport itself as his Tier 4 visa had been revoked. What are the different options available to him now?
Please help.
Thanks

He broke the terms of his visa. Big time.
Find another country in which to study. It serves him right. What did he expect?
Original post by nintysixthousand
why was it revoked?

If you read the OP it explains why. he didnt go to lectures.
Reply 4
Original post by 999tigger
He broke the terms of his visa. Big time.
Find another country in which to study. It serves him right. What did he expect?

He had some mental issues. Lost his dad a few years back and had couple of issues here in London in which his camera etc was snatched, though he did not report it to the police.
Original post by tvomp2
He had some mental issues. Lost his dad a few years back and had couple of issues here in London in which his camera etc was snatched, though he did not report it to the police.

Did he see a GP? Did he report it to the uni? What mental health issues? What have the uni said or are they the ones that reported him? How come he was able top go to lectures first year but not second? Its not a very coherent picture as to why he might have stopped going to lectures.

He should talk to his unis international team. I am not optimistic he has a genuine reason about why he should break his visa in this way.
Reply 6
Original post by 999tigger
Did he see a GP? Did he report it to the uni? What mental health issues? What have the uni said or are they the ones that reported him? How come he was able top go to lectures first year but not second? Its not a very coherent picture as to why he might have stopped going to lectures.

He should talk to his unis international team. I am not optimistic he has a genuine reason about why he should break his visa in this way.

I agree with you absolutely. His version is not coherent. He had been under a Psychiatrist for 3-4 years in India and still is. His friends do know about the mugging incidences but he never reported it to police. Thanks
Original post by tvomp2
I agree with you absolutely. His version is not coherent. He had been under a Psychiatrist for 3-4 years in India and still is. His friends do know about the mugging incidences but he never reported it to police. Thanks

Muffing and losing a camera is not enough.
Nor reported to police.
Not been to GP and getting therapy.
Not reported to uni.

No evidence of it. Home office would want more than that.
What did he think would happen. Its very clear ion the visa what hes required to do.
A UK medical professional would be much more persuasive.
Reply 8
he would've got more than one email from his uni warning him of missing lectures long before he went back to India on holiday. my school calculates attendance every two weeks. they do this because international students need to maintain an 80 percent attendance or excused absences in order to keep their visa. this is to prevent immigration fraud, so people don't sneak in on a student visa with no intention of being a student.

the fact that he ignored the warnings and now wants to claim ignorance and mental health probably isn't good. if there is a right to appeal tho i imagine it's on the decision letter.
Reply 9
Original post by Joleee
he would've got more than one email from his uni warning him of missing lectures long before he went back to India on holiday. my school calculates attendance every two weeks. they do this because international students need to maintain an 80 percent attendance or excused absences in order to keep their visa. this is to prevent immigration fraud, so people don't sneak in on a student visa with no intention of being a student.

the fact that he ignored the warnings and now wants to claim ignorance and mental health probably isn't good. if there is a right to appeal tho i imagine it's on the decision letter.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest