The Student Room Group

university of loughborough, nottingham or surrey?

Hi, i have gotten offers from the university of Loughborough, Nottingham and Surrey and i don't know which ones to pick for electronic and electrical engineering :frown: if some one can help me decide which one to choose and why as soon as possible, i will be extremely grateful.

My offers are,
loughborough - ABB
Nottingham - AAB
Surrey - ABB

Kind Regards,
Anxious Student
I would firm Nottingham as it’s Russel group so has that reputation and insure one of the other two (whichever you liked best)
Reply 2
Original post by hattie0110
I would firm Nottingham as it’s Russel group so has that reputation and insure one of the other two (whichever you liked best)

but wont that reduce my chances of getting into my insurance choice if i dont get the grades? (for like accommodation and stuff)
what are your predicted grades?
Reply 4
Original post by nintysixthousand
what are your predicted grades?

AAB
Which one do you like the most? Have you visited them all?
Reply 6
Original post by Student-95
Which one do you like the most? Have you visited them all?

I've visited neither one😅
Russell groups doesnt mean all that much, as long as you feel you will be happy there. But i would go and visit the places to get a feel for them, or even look to see if there is an virtual open day or something on line.Then after a visit/ investigating online, choose 1 as your firm and write it down. Then sleep on it. If you feel the same way the following morning and you feel like its still the right decision, then it is. If you have any doubts, then go for one of the others, and sleep on that too.
Original post by hattie0110

Russell Group and reputation for engineering have absolutely no connection. There are plenty of RG unis which have poor engineering programs and plenty of non-RGs which have spectacular engineering programs.
Reply 9
Original post by Ghostlady
Russell groups doesnt mean all that much, as long as you feel you will be happy there. But i would go and visit the places to get a feel for them, or even look to see if there is an virtual open day or something on line.Then after a visit/ investigating online, choose 1 as your firm and write it down. Then sleep on it. If you feel the same way the following morning and you feel like its still the right decision, then it is. If you have any doubts, then go for one of the others, and sleep on that too.

Yeah okay I'll try that. Thank you so muchhh
Reply 10
Original post by Helloworld_95
Russell Group and reputation for engineering have absolutely no connection. There are plenty of RG unis which have poor engineering programs and plenty of non-RGs which have spectacular engineering programs.

Oh okay so that's out of consideration. Thank youuuu
Reply 11
Original post by ashminda
Hi, i have gotten offers from the university of Loughborough, Nottingham and Surrey and i don't know which ones to pick for electronic and electrical engineering :frown: if some one can help me decide which one to choose and why as soon as possible, i will be extremely grateful.

My offers are,
loughborough - ABB
Nottingham - AAB
Surrey - ABB

Kind Regards,
Anxious Student

i applied to notts and loughborough for the same course and i have to do an interview for notts in march and haven't got any response from loughborough ;-c
- when did u send your ucas off and did u have to do an interview?
I personally really liked loughborough, the campus was really nice, the facilities at wolfson school were also really really good. Everyone i met was super friendly and the people i know that go there really enjoy it
Reply 13

My offers are,
loughborough - ABB
Nottingham - AAB
Surrey - ABB

Kind Regards,
Anxious Student

but wont that reduce my chances of getting into my insurance choice if i dont get the grades? (for like accommodation and stuff)

Only about 10% end up at their insurance. Focus on the university/course you prefer as your firm.

I've visited neither one😅

You have until May (or June if international) to make your decision. Why did you shortlist those choices in the first place?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 5 years ago)
Loughborough
Reply 15
Original post by adas0a
i applied to notts and loughborough for the same course and i have to do an interview for notts in march and haven't got any response from loughborough ;-c
- when did u send your ucas off and did u have to do an interview?

I sent my application during the end of November, and I did my Nottingham interview on first week of Feb. And Loughborough took some time to give me an offer too. So just chill it'll come :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by Doonesbury
Only about 10% end up at their insurance. Focus on the university/course you prefer as your firm.

You have until May (or June if international) to make your decision. Why did you shortlist those choices in the first place?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cuz they were some of the top universities and I had heard alot about them from teachers, family who live in the UK and some students who are already in Uni
Reply 17
Original post by tesconyc
Loughborough

Why?
Reply 18
I sent my application during the end of November, and I did my Nottingham interview on first week of Feb. And Loughborough took some time to give me an offer too. So just chill it'll come :smile:

How long did you wait for your offer after the interview?
Reply 19
Cuz they were some of the top universities and I had heard alot about them from teachers, family who live in the UK and some students who are already in Uni

Have you visited? If not, it's really a good idea... especially as an international paying a lot of money for the next 3+ years.

Quick Reply