The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Postgraduate Psychology HELP!!

Okay so I've been invited for an interview on skype (internatational applicant) which I'm insanely excited about. The course is Developmental Psychology and Clinical Practice. Can someone please help with potential questions or their interview experience?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hello! When did you apply for the course?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by thisisarshia
Okay so I've been invited for an interview on skype (internatational applicant) which I'm insanely excited about. The course is Developmental Psychology and Clinical Practice. Can someone please help with potential questions or their interview experience?

Also I'm guessing this is UCL?
Still waiting to hear back from UCL :frown:
Reply 4
Congrats! I've just been looking at what last year's applicants said to be honest in previous threads. Organise a practice interviews with your University's careers service - helped me a lot!
Reply 5
Original post by McNabb
Congrats! I've just been looking at what last year's applicants said to be honest in previous threads. Organise a practice interviews with your University's careers service - helped me a lot!

When did you apply?
Reply 6
Original post by SSSS2018
When did you apply?

I applied late January, got my references through a week or so later.
Reply 7
Original post by McNabb
I applied late January, got my references through a week or so later.

Have you received the interview call? :smile:
Reply 8
Have you received the interview call? :smile:

Yes! Got an email two weeks ago and have an interview in March! What about you?
Reply 9
Original post by McNabb

I received an email specifying that my application is under consideration on 14th. Applied late January. A little apprehensive atm 🤭
Original post by McNabb

Congratulations that's so good, they got back to you really quickly!
Original post by McNabb

If you don’t mind, can you please tell me when you received the “application under consideration” email?
If you don’t mind, can you please tell me when you received the “application under consideration” email?

I know you weren’t asking me, but I got that email from The programme organiser a week after I submitted my application x
Reply 13

If it is helpful, in my case, I received "application under consideration email" on the 14th, one day before I got invited for the interview:smile:
Reply 14
Original post by thisisarshia

Congratulations I also got invited to a Skype interview because I am an international applicant! I suggest looking at the past thread for 2018/19 entry for interview tips! :smile:
Original post by HSLeung
If it is helpful, in my case, I received "application under consideration email" on the 14th, one day before I got invited for the interview:smile:

🤭🤭Maybe the outcome is negative :frown: The portal also does not change the status which makes is so confusing!
Reply 16
🤭🤭Maybe the outcome is negative :frown: The portal also does not change the status which makes is so confusing!

Hey:smile: I hope you will hear back soon! My portal status is still "application under assessment". It has not changed since my referees submitted their references. I think your status will not change unless a final decision has been made.
Reply 17
I received an email specifying that my application is under consideration on 14th. Applied late January. A little apprehensive atm 🤭

Best of luck! I got one as well on the 14th and got an email about the interview the next day. Not sure how it all works I’m just winging it so far lol
I still haven't heard back from UCL :frown: terrified that it is a rejection. Wish they would let us know sooner rather than later
Original post by jaseho98
I still haven't heard back from UCL :frown: terrified that it is a rejection. Wish they would let us know sooner rather than later

I knooow!! I’m so apprehensive

Quick Reply