The Student Room Group

First-year scheme applications

Scroll to see replies

Don't worry about it. To be fair, it has given me a kick up the butt to try and get a better CV, even though I thought mine was good enough already. Plus I was told by grad recruitment that it's much harder for you to stand out without any university grades yet, ee favouring four year courses.

Anyone had any news from Simmons & Simmons?
Original post by biscuitsnsquash
Don't worry about it. To be fair, it has given me a kick up the butt to try and get a better CV, even though I thought mine was good enough already. Plus I was told by grad recruitment that it's much harder for you to stand out without any university grades yet, ee favouring four year courses.

Anyone had any news from Simmons & Simmons?

Well I actually am on a four year course so I have my first-year grades.
I got my rejection email from Allen & Overy this morning. Here's hoping for Linklaters and HSF, but if not I do have my DLA Piper place anyway.
Original post by CatusStarbright
I got my rejection email from Allen & Overy this morning. Here's hoping for Linklaters and HSF, but if not I do have my DLA Piper place anyway.

finally got around to doing the HSF test last night and ngl found it really hard so not going to be holding out hope for that one!! :frown:
Original post by coffeeneeded27
finally got around to doing the HSF test last night and ngl found it really hard so not going to be holding out hope for that one!! :frown:

I found it alright because it was a combination of situational judgement (which I had done for A&O's assessment), a Watson-Glazer (which I had done for Linklaters' Pathfinder scheme) and then a personality section which I was just honest for.
I did the HSF test and it said I'd hear on the next page how I did? but it just said processing go to assessments page to see, But there is nothing there. How do I find out how I did? or does it take a few days ?
Original post by biscuitsnsquash
I did the HSF test and it said I'd hear on the next page how I did? but it just said processing go to assessments page to see, But there is nothing there. How do I find out how I did? or does it take a few days ?

You will get an email telling you how you did within a day or so.

Can I ask, when did you apply to A&O? Congrats on DLA btw.
Just got a phone interview invite for A&O :smile:
You will get an email telling you how you did within a day or so.

Not for everyone - I took the test a week ago and haven’t heard anything yet.
Original post by lawboi98

Presumably it’s if we failed the test we don’t hear then. Have you tried logging into your account? I found out AO rejected me after passing the scheme by that.
passing the test:rolleyes:
Original post by Blancosdos
Can I ask, when did you apply to A&O? Congrats on DLA btw.

The ninth of February I think from looking at my records, why do you ask? Thanks :smile:

Congratulations!
Original post by lawboi98

Hmm that's a surprise.
Just got a phone interview for A&O. Also just heard back from Baker McKenzie with an offer - would love to connect with anyone else doing the scheme.
The ninth of February I think from looking at my records, why do you ask? Thanks :smile:

Congratulations!

Hmm that's a surprise.

I asked because I applied on the 10th , and was just wondering if they respond to everyones at certain time periods, or if they respond on a case to case basis within their 21 day requirement.

Good luck with DLA.
(edited 5 years ago)

Good luck!. Phone interviews are terrifying.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by petriegypt
Presumably it’s if we failed the test we don’t hear then. Have you tried logging into your account? I found out AO rejected me after passing the scheme by that.

It shows “Under Review” still.
Original post by Blancosdos
I asked because I applied on the 10th , and was just wondering if they respond to everyones at certain time periods, or if they respond on a case to case basis within their 21 day requirement.

Good luck with DLA.

Ah I see. It's seemingly a bit random then.
Rejection from Weil. They’re only looking at applicants who scored over 70th percentile on the WG. Yay Lol
Reply 59
Anyone applied to Weil after 27th Feb and received the WG invite?

Quick Reply

Latest