The Student Room Group

St Andrews Medicine Offer Holders 2019

Comment below!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Who is firming St Andrew's???
Original post by Cuckcoo
Who is firming St Andrew's???

Me! Did you get England or Scotland route?
Reply 3
Original post by Uzzy20089
Me! Did you get England or Scotland route?

Scotland (which is the route I'd applied to), what about you??
Original post by Cuckcoo
Scotland (which is the route I'd applied to), what about you??

Niceeee. I got England route!
Reply 5
Hey there! I'm probably going to firm St Andrews (English Route) but I haven't heard back from my other unis yet.

Who's going to the offer day on Saturday 6th April? :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 6
I've booked on to the one in Cambridge as its closest to me, however I dont know if would be able to go to the one in St Andrew's too, as I didn't get chance to look round accomodation at my interview (and I haven't been to an open day)
I'm firming it, Scotland route, which is what I applied for and from Northern Ireland, so going to the offer holder's day in Belfast on the 16th of March
Has anyone received an email from St. Andrews since getting their offer? Well done to everyone btw :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Eilidhhbrown
Has anyone received an email from St. Andrews since getting their offer? Well done to everyone btw :smile:

I got a why St. Andrews Ofer pack in the post on Monday.and an email for the offer holders day which I’ve booked on April 6th at St Andrews
Aw okay, when did you get your offer?
Original post by Hollybm
I got a why St. Andrews Ofer pack in the post on Monday.and an email for the offer holders day which I’ve booked on April 6th at St Andrews
Original post by Eilidhhbrown
Aw okay, when did you get your offer?

February 25th - English student, English route
I've got an offer for the English route, but I'm probably firming Imperial and putting St A down as an insurance. I really liked the uni and the town, but I think I'd enjoy London a bit more + research is important for me and there are more possibilities to do that in Imperial. I am still considering though, as St A would be cheaper (I'm an EU student so first three years would be free in terms of tuition). What do you think?
Reply 13
Original post by medreams
I've got an offer for the English route, but I'm probably firming Imperial and putting St A down as an insurance. I really liked the uni and the town, but I think I'd enjoy London a bit more research is important for me and there are more possibilities to do that in Imperial. I am still considering though, as St A would be cheaper (I'm an EU student so first three years would be free in terms of tuition). What do you think?

You’ve got to go with your gut.
However, my sister studied Medicine at St Andrews and is now in her 4th year but studying in Bart’s London. So in her situation she got the best of both worlds! I would ponder before turning down 3 years of free tuition, you never know what you could use all that money for in the later future!!

P.s: I’m sciencey and could be interested in research but I’m firming St Andrews (English Route) instead of Edinburgh (which is more researchey) because I know that I’ll have the opportunity to quench my research thirst after the first 3 introductory years at St A if I wanted to.

From my (short-lived experience) and my sister’s experience of St Andrews, I’d say it really is a lovely place to study and live :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 14
hey, did you manage to get an offer from bristol?
Original post by choco08
You’ve got to go with your gut.
However, my sister studied Medicine at St Andrews and is now in her 4th year but studying in Bart’s London. So in her situation she got the best of both worlds! I would ponder before turning down 3 years of free tuition, you never know what you could use all that money for in the later future!!

P.s: I’m sciencey and could be interested in research but I’m firming St Andrews (English Route) instead of Edinburgh (which is more researchey) because I know that I’ll have the opportunity to quench my research thirst after the first 3 introductory years at St A if I wanted to.

From my (short-lived experience) and my sister’s experience of St Andrews, I’d say it really is a lovely place to study and live :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by rm1029
hey, did you manage to get an offer from bristol?

Nope, but it was my 4th choice and I really didn’t want to go so I’m kinda glad someone else got the offer :smile:))
Reply 16
oh well glad everything worked out for you. I'm torn between Bristol and St Andrews, any advice?
Original post by choco08
Nope, but it was my 4th choice and I really didn’t want to go so I’m kinda glad someone else got the offer :smile:))
Reply 17
Original post by rm1029
oh well glad everything worked out for you. I'm torn between Bristol and St Andrews, any advice?

St A 6 years with choices of Barts or Manchester. A unique social life, no commuting. Very organised staff. Bristol is less time (5 years) and has academies. St A has full body dissection.
I personally didn’t like Bristol because I felt their new course was too laid back and it didn’t give me great vibes. But ngl u just gotta go with ur gut :smile: Go to both offer days and follow societies (that may interest you) of each university on Instagram- that will hopefully help u get a better feel for the student life and allow u to make the right decision :smile:
I haven’t come across a discussion thread for St Andrews medicine offer holders (2019 entry) so I thought I’d start one.

I received an offer 2 weeks ago. Has anyone firmed or decided to firm it?
I’m a British/Canadian (Ontario) received an email offer for the Manchester route about 2 weeks. I haven’t received my official offer in the mail.
I’m still undecided.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending