The Student Room Group

India launches airstrikes on Pakistan across disputed Kashmir Border.

Scroll to see replies

give Kashmir back to the UK (maybe take back India and Pakistan while we're at it ) - problem solved :smile:
Original post by BlueIndigoViolet
give Kashmir back to the UK (maybe take back India and Pakistan while we're at it ) - problem solved :smile:

It never belonged to the UK :smile:
Reply 22

Lol it's not the 18th century mate, UK gonna get their butt kicked big timeee!! 😀
serious note, Pakistan is a haven of terror (somewhat inevitable with a state religion) and must be neutralised, these strikes are justified - hope we dont send money to these people

(ah ok - was a princely state but still under the British Raj, would be easier for everyone and less tension if it was all under British control though (not to mention the people killed during partition)
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by TheNamesBond.
It never belonged to the UK :smile:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Raj
Reply 25
serious note, Pakistan is a haven of terror (somewhat inevitable with a state religion) and must be neutralised, these strikes are justified - hope we dont send money to these people

(ah ok - was a princely state but still under the British Raj, would be easier for everyone and less tension if it was all under British control though (not to mention the people killed during partition)

Pakistan is a nuclear power, it can wipe India and israhell too off the map
Original post by bilal.
Pakistan is a nuclear power, it can wipe India and israhell too off the map

india can too? - something called MAD its the whole point of nuclear weapons.... (mainly anyway)

so does North Korea.. whats your point? (probably part of the terror group ngl)

side note: Israel is the undivided capital of the Jewish people :smile: have repelled and destroyed any invasions :smile:

(edited 5 years ago)

Under british control? heck no!! If you didn't know life under british rule for the people under colonisation, you have no right to suggest it. FYI the dispute over kashmir and partition wasn't due to british but due to mismanagement and disagreements between higher ups in the national movement.
Some people tried to gain power by raising religious divide that led to the whole thing...also the muslim ideologies are in many cases messed up...i.e. the ones that they teach children who become terrorists. There is no right or wrong in the world. Something in your eyes might be wrong but for them its right cuz they have grown up learning it.
Silly idiots. Fighting like cats and dogs as if they were not the same country less than 100 years ago.
I can’t believe that they still don’t understand something as simple as ‘divide and conquer’. 🤷🏻*♀️

And I’m saying that as a Pakistani/Indian myself 🙂. Won’t say which 😁
Original post by Human_bean
Silly idiots. Fighting like cats and dogs as if they were not the same country less than 100 years ago.
I can’t believe that they still don’t understand something as simple as ‘divide and conquer’. 🤷🏻*♀️

And I’m saying that as a Pakistani/Indian myself 🙂. Won’t say which 😁

This is a not a fight among the nations....but among recognised terrorist groups and indians who acted due to deaths of around 40 of their soldiers due to a suicide bomber
Original post by MinatoNamikaze
This is a not a fight among the nations....but among recognised terrorist groups and indians who acted due to deaths of around 40 of their soldiers due to a suicide bomber

India and Pakistan have both done horrible things to each other since the partition. They should work out a way to move forward without any more bloodshed. It’s always innocent people who lose their lives and livelihoods. The nations need to work together to educate their people and advance their countries, this petty fighting is holding them both back - whilst both bask in the ‘knowledge’ that they have one up over the other, it’s almost humorous. And we are a laughing stock to the rest of the world.

Ghandi said it best ‘an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind’

Short version: What Pakistan did was wrong, what India did has not made things right. Say no to further bloodshed.
(edited 5 years ago)
Don't know about the tensions there now, but the Indo-Pak war on TSR has definitely begun lol
India and Pakistan have both done horrible things to each other since the partition. They should work out a way to move forward without any more bloodshed. It’s always innocent people who lose their lives and livelihoods. The nations need to work together to educate their people and advance their countries, this petty fighting is holding them both back - whilst both bask in the ‘knowledge’ that they have one up over the other, it’s almost humorous. And we are a laughing stock to the rest of the world.

True and trust me most people feel the same way...obviously no one wants any side's innocent to die. BUT its all more complicated...all due to political parties and corruption leading the way on both sides. Its going to be neverending until people at the top are rid of corruption.
True and trust me most people feel the same way...obviously no one wants any side's innocent to die. BUT its all more complicated...all due to political parties and corruption leading the way on both sides. Its going to be neverending until people at the top are rid of corruption.

I agree with you 100%. I wonder if we’ll ever see that glorious day within our lifetimes? One can only hope.. 😪

But anyway from me, love to the people of India and Pakistan. And if I could give you one message - please rise above this hatred, leave it in the past and teach our future generations love and respect for their neighbours. ❤️ Jai Hind/ Pakistan Zindabad !
(edited 5 years ago)
I agree with you 100%. I wonder if we’ll ever see that glorious day within our lifetimes? One can only hope.. 😪

ikr when I read about it in my history lesson I was like...heck these people's ego and greed ruined so many lives...And is still ruining more...
(edited 5 years ago)
ikr when I read about it in my history lesson I was like...heck these people's ego ruined so many lives...And is still ruining more...

Yep ego is definitely the key word when it comes to Pak/Ind tensions

Might want to read your link before you post it with the intent to debate my comment, the British never fully owned India, it was colonised, her majesty did control some parts, but my point was and is that it never was Britain’s to take.
Original post by TheNamesBond.
Might want to read your link before you post it with the intent to debate my comment, the British never fully owned India, it was colonised, her majesty did control some parts, but my point was and is that it never was Britain’s to take.

debatable - a more advanced, both culturally and technologically, took over a lesser nation(s) which is the natural order of things, so dont think we should be completely apologetic for our past, yes there were however injustices...

without the British, India would be splintered into so many so called princely states. (vassal states to the British which is what I realise the debate above is about, though they managing to 'pull the strings' behind the curtain
debatable - a more advanced, both culturally and technologically, took over a lesser nation(s) which is the natural order of things, so dont think we should be completely apologetic for our past, yes there were however injustices...

You can’t just take over a nation, that’s not the natural order of things, I hear the same views were sprouted from the Hitler household.

without the British, India would be splintered into so many so called princely states. (vassal states to the British which is what I realise the debate above is about, though they managing to 'pull the strings' behind the curtain

If that would occur then that’s what would’ve occured, Britain has no right to trample over and ‘help them’.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending