The Student Room Group

India launches airstrikes on Pakistan across disputed Kashmir Border.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheNamesBond.
You can’t just take over a nation, that’s not the natural order of things, I hear the same views were sprouted from the Hitler household.

If that would occur then that’s what would’ve occured, Britain has no right to trample over and ‘help them’.

difference in fundemental opinion i guess :smile: - though Hitler did admire the British 'civilisation' of India by a 'superior race' - would argue that this state of war and technological advancement has persisted throughout history to create many of the nation states we know today and something not only the Empire is guilty of or should feel sorry for...
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by BlueIndigoViolet
difference in fundemental opinion i guess :smile:, would argue that this state of war and technological advancement has persisted throughout history to create many of the nation states we know today and something not only the Empire is guilty of or should feel sorry for...

Of course, how else do we have countries.

But conquering the already conquered? That is not right, unless of course you’re the Allies and you’re taking back what the Axis took.
(edited 5 years ago)
When will bad things stop happening? :frown:
There’s only one way to deal with this. British Empire mark 2
Original post by Andrew97
There’s only one way to deal with this. British Empire mark 2

Agree, *urge to civilise nations intensifies* lol :smile:

Original post by Rainfall
When will bad things stop happening? :frown:

When people stop putting the milk in first, that’s when.
Original post by Abu 'Abdullah
Lolol Pak and India will both stick nukes up Britain's *** 😀😀😀

Pakistan is a terror haven, acting like a cancer, meaning they cannot develop their economy, now on their 13th bailout - sorry were you talking about the UK?
Fully support India's actions, and Israel's against the prevention of terror (the undivided state of the Jewish people :smile: )
You can’t just take over a nation, that’s not the natural order of things, I hear the same views were sprouted from the Hitler household.

The history of virtually every nation on Earth is predicated on the subjugation of one tribe by another - that is and has always been the natural order of things. This is why France is no longer called Francia, Roman Gaul, Gallia Celtica, etc; it's why the Kingdom of Hawaii no longer exists; why the Iroquois Confederacy no longer exists; why the Ptolemaic Kingdom no longer exists, and why the UK is called the UK instead of the Kingdom of England/Scotland, the 7 Kingdoms, Provincia Britannia, Britannia, etc.
Original post by Stalin
The history of virtually every nation on Earth is predicated on the subjugation of one tribe by another - that is and has always been the natural order of things. This is why France is no longer called Francia, Roman Gaul, Gallia Celtica, etc; it's why the Kingdom of Hawaii no longer exists; why the Iroquois Confederacy no longer exists; why the Ptolemaic Kingdom no longer exists, and why the UK is called the UK instead of the Kingdom of England/Scotland, the 7 Kingdoms, Provincia Britannia, Britannia, etc.

Yes I realise the contradiction, thank you for making me aware.

I still do not think doing so is ethical, you don’t see countries doing that today do you, and I think it should stay that way.
(edited 5 years ago)
I think It might be time we take the Raj back under our wing, decolonization was the greatest mistake we ever made (Especially in Non Anglosphere countries)
how many more people have to die in this conflict? both sides suck and i don't understand how people can be taking sides after all of this time.

I still do not think doing so is particularly ethical, but hey, this is the world we live in.

It's refreshing to see someone come to their senses instead of arguing in an attempt to save face - you're welcome.

Regarding your second point, do you believe that empires differ ethically? And, if so, do you believe that it is ethical for a more moral empire to replace less moral empire's rule in a nation?
Original post by Stalin
It's refreshing to see someone come to their senses instead of arguing in an attempt to save face - you're welcome.

Not a problem, I understand your pain.

Original post by Stalin
Regarding your second point, do you believe that empires differ ethically? And, if so, do you believe that it is ethical for a more moral empire to replace less moral empire's rule in a nation?

I believe different countries have different ethical standards, which does often mean one nation being arguably more ethical than the other in some instances more than others, I believe in the greater good, if a nation does not respect the basic ethical standards every country is responsible to adhere to and causes harm in the process, as is seen most often nowadays and in the past, then I see fit to replace, in the sight of the greater good being the main objective that is, of course one cannot ignore the collateral damage that is inevitably going to occur, but as I said, the greater good.
You can’t just take over a nation, that’s not the natural order of things,

That is how the world has always worked. Stronger nations take over weaker ones and tend to form new nations.
Original post by Decahedron
That is how the world has always worked. Stronger nations take over weaker ones and tend to form new nations.

I still do not think doing so is particularly ethical, but hey, this is the world we live in,

That doesn’t mean you can just do that again in the modern world.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Decahedron

But it's never worked. Britain had to leave it's vast empire and now only controls a small island (I.e. UK).

The only thing that works is if a true faith binds the empire together, hence the Islamic Caliphate lasted for 1400 years engulfing one third of the world

All other empires were flimsy so they lasted only short time.

Look how USA invaded Iraq, got 5000 of it soldiers killed but still had to leave it behind. Invading and occupying for a lengthy period of time doesn't work any more for even superpowers
(edited 5 years ago)
Maybe Pakistan could bomb the same area but with more bombs, then boast about that to save face rather starting WW3.

If that would occur then that’s what would’ve occured, Britain has no right to trample over and ‘help them’.

You can't today. In the past that was the norm...
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by HucktheForde
You can't today. In the past that was the norm...

Indeed.
Original post by Libtardian
Maybe Pakistan could bomb the same area but with more bombs, then boast about that to save face rather starting WW3.

I would rather that occur after my degree please.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending