The Student Room Group

India launches airstrikes on Pakistan across disputed Kashmir Border.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by akbar0123
Yeah “the report” said it. Therefore it must be true, right? It’s not like these reports are all biased against Pakistan and for American intervention, right? He had no protection and Pakistan does not “protect” or “shield” terrorists like India does with its Hindutva terrorists, their president being one of them.

Are you slow? The report included Pakistan's statement that they were unable to figure out that a terrorist was breaking bread in their country for 9 years, they admitted their so called 'collective failure', you're siding with something that is proven to be wrong, stop.

He had protection, he was shielded, why are you accusing India, we're talking about Pakistan here, accusing another nation does not acquit the country in current question.
Lol absolute bs, you realise the current President of India is himself a member of Hindu terrorist groups who killed Muslims during the Gujarat riots, and you have the audacity to call Pakistan the terrorist supporting state. Just because Osama bin Laden happened to live here secretly doesn’t mean Pakistan knew he was there. Pakistanis were actually pretty happy when he died. Pakistan doesn’t know where these apparent terrorists are, it’s a big country with a lot of empty space. There’s a lot of places to hide.

The incident in Pulwama was done by a guy from the Indian-administered Kashmir, not Pakistan. Pakistan even offered to investigate it with India and India refused, instead choosing to use it as an opportunity to bomb Pakistan and let the President look tough and patriotic just before the elections.

Osama Bin Laden was protected by Pakistani security forces according to a confidential US state department document, released by WikiLeaks. This is sufficient evidence.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/pakistan/8488236/WikiLeaks-Osama-bin-Laden-protected-by-Pakistani-security.html
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by TheNamesBond.
Are you slow? The report included Pakistan's statement that they were unable to figure out that a terrorist was breaking bread in their country for 9 years, they admitted their so called 'collective failure', you're siding with something that is proven to be wrong, stop.

He had protection, he was shielded, why are you accusing India, we're talking about Pakistan here, accusing another nation does not acquit the country in current question.

Yeah so they weren’t hiding him, they didn’t know he was there.
Original post by NeatSprings
Osama Bin Laden was protected by Pakistani security forces according to a confidential US state department document, released by WikiLeaks. This is sufficient evidence.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/pakistan/8488236/WikiLeaks-Osama-bin-Laden-protected-by-Pakistani-security.html

I’m sorry but it is wrong, Pakistan did not protect him, they didn’t know where he was.
Yeah so they weren’t hiding him, they didn’t know he was there.

No, they did, can’t you notice my sarcasm, I thought the apostrophes implied that, they did know, they knew all along, Pakistan knowingly withheld information about the head and founder of a terrorist organisation for 9 years, there is enough evidence and suspicion to go around, an imbecile could intuitively come to that conclusion.
I’m sorry but it is wrong, Pakistan did not protect him, they didn’t know where he was.

So let me get this straight, he provides a source of evidence and you respond by just saying ‘no, wrong’, brilliant counter.
Pakistan is basically Afghanistan+Nukes.
Original post by Libtardian
Pakistan is basically Afghanistan+Nukes.

:call2: 'Hello yes I'd like to report a murder'.
I think people are fighting more on this thread than they are in Pakistan or India right now 😂.

Just calm down everyone, go and do something useful if you care that much. Arguing on a student forum is just wasting your time.
There's a lot claims, counter-claims and outright fake claims out there but one confirmed aircraft loss is an Indian MIG-21 Bison, shot down by the Pakistani Air Force (either an F-16 or JF-17 apparently).

https://theaviationist.com/2019/02/27/indian-air-force-mig-21-bison-shot-down-by-pakistan-air-force-jet/
Original post by Human_bean
I think people are fighting more on this thread than they are in Pakistan or India right now 😂.

Just calm down everyone, go and do something useful if you care that much. Arguing on a student forum is just wasting your time.

And your comment has clearly stopped this right? Debates break out in threads such as this, it happens and will always happen, it’s natural, it’s not a waste of time but rather a conversation, an argument or a debate, in this case and mostly all others no one is wasting their time except you.
Original post by TheNamesBond.
And your comment has clearly stopped this right? Debates break out in threads such as this, it happens and will always happen, it’s natural, it’s not a waste of time but rather a conversation, an argument or a debate, in this case and mostly all others no one is wasting their time except you.

Argument and debate is useful in real life (e.g international relations committee). Anyone can be a keyboard warrior.
Since yesterday (or whenever this thread was made) all you guys have been doing is verbally abusing each other and arguing over who is right. I think that’s quite the waste of time because it doesn’t solve the problem and you could be out there partaking in physical protests or such to actually make a difference. And yes, I speak from personal experience, which is probably why the responses on this thread annoyed me.

Anyway, not wasting anymore time on here so toodaloo!
(edited 5 years ago)
#SayNoToWar #PEACE
Argument and debate is useful in real life (e.g international relations committee). Anyone can be a keyboard warrior.

Arguments and debates are always useful, whether you like it or not, everyone will be more comfortable online than in person, that’s not being a keyboard warrior, being a keyboard warrior is insulting someone online when you would never say it face to face, which btw you are likely never to determine, so what’s the point in remarking about keyboard warriors, to show how cool you are? Lol.

Since yesterday (or whenever this thread was made) all you guys have been doing is verbally abusing each other and arguing over who is right. I think that’s quite the waste of time because it doesn’t solve the problem and you could be out there partaking in physical protests or such to actually make a difference. And yes, I speak from personal experience, which is probably why the responses on this thread annoyed me.

There has been a fair amount of verbal jousting, so what? It’s not like we have only insulted one and other, we have debated points, proven right from wrong, and come to conclusions, anyone who wants to post is welcome to, but don’t be shocked if someone responds, that’s kind of the point of these threads, these threads are very useful, when commented on by people who actually care about the topic, which is more than I can say for you, we have debated and educated people, I myself have been proven wrong in this thread and now I have more knowledge on this topic and various others, that’s far from a waste of time, if you don’t want to actually contribute to this thread then kindly leave, don’t come over here spouting remarks that we’re wasting our time when we’re actually spending our time well, you on the other hand are the one wasting your time, you have not contributed to this thread, you have not commented on any posts to talk about the topic at current discussion, you have not provided any new information on this topic, and most importantly, you haven’t the etiquette to respect fellow users, instead you see fit to berate us, you ask me you’re the real keyboard warrior here, you want me to show you a person wasting their time?

Have you seen a mirror lately?
(edited 5 years ago)

Anyway, not wasting anymore time on here so toodaloo!

:rofl:

You think protesting actually does anything.
All because of the British empire lol
Reply 96
I think India are stupid to have pulled that stunt. Modi is only doing this for the upcoming elections and his greed for a bigger country. I think Kashmir should be left alone to be an independent country, no one should have it. I also feel very sorry for all the people in Kashmir right now, I pray for their safety and Pakistan Zindabad!!!!!
Lol they just hit a bunch of trees that’s it

where do you think islamic terrorists camp, if not in trees and caves?

Yeah “the report” said it. Therefore it must be true, right? It’s not like these reports are all biased against Pakistan and for American intervention, right? He had no protection and Pakistan does not “protect” or “shield” terrorists like India does with its Hindutva terrorists, their president being one of them.

dont really follow your 'arguement' seeing as paksitan is known by all international bodies to have both funded and harboured islamic terrist groups for decades, hence the reason why most of the foreign aid it used to receive has been stopped. For example pakistan taelban and al queda linked groups trained both UK islamist suicide london bombers and madrid and french attacks - there is almost certainly some crossover of sunni pakistani based training camps where objectives are similar
Original post by Abu 'Abdullah
But it's never worked. Britain had to leave it's vast empire and now only controls a small island (I.e. UK).

The only thing that works is if a true faith binds the empire together, hence the Islamic Caliphate lasted for 1400 years engulfing one third of the world

All other empires were flimsy so they lasted only short time.

Look how USA invaded Iraq, got 5000 of it soldiers killed but still had to leave it behind. Invading and occupying for a lengthy period of time doesn't work any more for even superpowers

the 'islamic caliphate ' is a lose term at best - at any such peak, various different caliphates or syltanates ruled the islamic world and were headed by very differnt groups of peoples - the arabs descended from mohammeds own followers ruled over a tiny almost insginficant caliphate. the later converted persians inherited their pre-islamic empire and the later mughal converts and ottomans merely inherited the substantial empire of the non islamic Mongols, which had previously crushed the islamic caliphate in the middle east.

the Iraq postion (and indeed Syria) is simply a victory for shia islam over sunni given that Iran has massive influenceover both regions
Original post by bilal.
Pakistan is a nuclear power, it can wipe India and israhell too off the map

classic ignorant product of dawn indoctrination, doesn't realise india has had nukes long before Pakistan.

HERES THE HEADLINE

the start and end of all these clashes in Kashmir is as it always has been Pakistan flirting with islamist groups that it allows to operate in its own borders to instigate insurgencies over the LOC. Imran khan is making world leaders chuckle sitting in front of cameras pretending he doesnt know where these groups reside, when all worlds intelligence agencies can point them out on a satellite camera map to him. USA flew into pakistan airspace and bombd terrorist sites and shot bin lade in the face when paks pretended not to be aware even of their existence - no matter who is president there, telling same old lies in 2019.

the bigger picture of this story is the politics of both countries - both have major issues with poverty and distribution of wealth. but war is a good distraction to these problems - India is on eve of election , so good time for them to respond to paksitan terrorism and earn votes . Pakistan in meantime stil pre occupied with not going bankrupt - spending on nukes and fighters when you dont have an economy or no more foreign aid from USA means they've had to take begging bowl to Saudi arabia- who are offering them very little ( they don't care for brown Asian muslims when they are more focussed on winning Yemen)
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending