The Student Room Group

(Viewer discretion) So the Momo challenge.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-47359623

basically if you don't know what this is , there's this "challenege" going around of this apparent doll called momo targeting children on whatsapp and snapchat and showing them violent , gruesome , self harming photos/videos daring children to do those horrifice insane things.

So this is an apparent thing going on , i'm curious to here if anyone else has heard of this gruesome trend going around , who in their right mind who send this sick **** to children, why is this a thing

Scroll to see replies

Its like the blue whale challenge all over again
This was going around last year too, seems its gained some traction again. Whoever is behind this is f*cked in the head man!

Btw, the actual Momo character from what I remember is actually an art prop or something like that made by a Japanese girl I think it was? Don't quote me on that.
Reply 3
Original post by Ray_Shadows
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-47359623

basically if you don't know what this is , there's this "challenege" going around of this apparent doll called momo targeting children on whatsapp and snapchat and showing them violent , gruesome , self harming photos/videos daring children to do those horrifice insane things.

So this is an apparent thing going on , i'm curious to here if anyone else has heard of this gruesome trend going around , who in their right mind who send this sick **** to children, why is this a thing

I read about it literally 2 minutes ago when I searched up Facebook lol.
Apparently there was a Blue whale thing before as well.
It is quite sad how people can do so much damage, but I think parents would be the most worried about it.
Original post by tanteseo
Its like the blue whale challenge all over again

what was the blue whale challenge again , sounds familiar but i forgot about it
Smh
Reply 6
Original post by JoshDarnIt
This was going around last year too, seems its gained some traction again. Whoever is behind this is f*cked in the head man!

Btw, the actual Momo character from what I remember is actually an art prop or something like that made by a Japanese girl I think it was? Don't quote me on that.

I think it's a group of people doing it, not just one.

Yeah I read that it was made by a Japanese girl as well.
what was the blue whale challenge again , sounds familiar but i forgot about it

it was this russian challenge that made the player do a bunch of dares such as cutting yourself- which basically ended with you commiting suicide
Original post by I'm God
I think it's a group of people doing it, not just one.

Yeah I read that it was made by a Japanese girl as well.

Then those people are f*cked in the head! I'm against violence but goddamn, I wanna hunt these f*ckers down for preying on innocent children with this sh*t.
Original post by tanteseo
it was this russian challenge that made the player do a bunch of dares such as cutting yourself- which basically ended with you commiting suicide

oh dam that'sjust as messed up , but this one takes the cake with that creepy distorted figure
This is such a sick thing to do! I don't understand people that do this. Personally suffering from mental health issues, I believe that if you are exposed too much to this especially as a child, you may drift to thinking about it and it occupying your mind. This is so fu***d up! Especially since they are targetting children like somebody really has to have no life or just be a borderline sociopath to do this.
Then those people are f*cked in the head! I'm against violence but goddamn, I wanna hunt these f*ckers down for preying on innocent children with this sh*t.

I don't think it's going to do a lot of harm, but I agree, it really is a horrible thing to do. Hopefully things get solved quickly before some people from another country get the same idea and start it there.
Original post by I'm God
I don't think it's going to do a lot of harm, but I agree, it really is a horrible thing to do. Hopefully things get solved quickly before some people from another country get the same idea and start it there.

I hope it doesn't, but y'know, kids can be easily influenced.
I hope it doesn't, but y'know, kids can be easily influenced.

That is indeed true. Let's hope things work out :cute:
Original post by I'm God
That is indeed true. Let's hope things work out :cute:

Hope so! If not, please show them the true meaning of God's wrath yeah?
Hope so! If not, please show them the true meaning of God's wrath yeah?

I shouldn't really interfere in human affairs, you know, to avoid affecting the test :s-smilie:
imagine being dumb enough to follow the orders of a ****ing inanimate object
Original post by I'm God
I shouldn't really interfere in human affairs, you know, to avoid affecting the test :s-smilie:

You and your bloody tests, I had enough of them at school :tongue:
Original post by Tamimur
imagine being dumb enough to follow the orders of a ****ing inanimate object

need i remind you how impresionable young children can be nowadays
need i remind you how impresionable young children can be nowadays

Especially young kids that literally buy into everythat that is being shown and fed to them nowadays via internet. Like have you seen the ten year nowadays?!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending