The Student Room Group

Revision is like marmite... (grow your own grades)

My name is Natasha.

I love Marmite but hate revising!

:elefant:

This is my journey from the (22nd Feb 2019) till GCSE Results day 2019.

I am 16 and doing my GCSE's in Summer 2019. I realise this is unusually late but I have only just discovered this scheme, so I thought I might as well give it a try. I am planning to go on and do A-levels next year. And hopefully, plan to go to university.

My predicted grades:

AQA English Literature (Macbeth, Inspector Calls, A Christmas Carol and the Power and Conflict Cluster): 8
AQA English Language: 8
Edexcel Maths (higher):5
AQA Combined Science (higher):66
AQA French (foundation):5
AQA Geography: 7
WJEC/EDUQAS Art: 7
Edexcel History (cold war, civil rights&vietnam war, Elizabeth and warfare through time):8

My recent Mock exam grades (Dec 2018)
english lit:7
english lang:8
maths:4
combined science:44
french, at this point I hadn't dropped down to foundation: 4
geography: 6
art:5
history:8

I have applied to Various colleges and Sixth form's, and the A-Levels I have chosen are History, Politics, English literature and at college, Photography and Sixth form, English Language. This is purely based on the different courses there are.

I am one of those people who have to try exceptionally hard to be able to do well in school even in subjects I am naturally talented in. I constantly put myself under pressure and procrastinate by thinking about my looming exams. I do realise that in a year when I am well into my A-levels, I will look back and laugh at how much I worried and stressed for some GCSE's that don't really matter after.

:banana:Random facts about me :banana:

I have two German Shepherds, Riggs and Indi.
I am currently on Holiday, Skiing in Switzerland.
I live in Lancashire
I love watching Gilmore Girls and Grey's anatomy.
I swim regularly for a swim club.
I love scrolling through ASOS and Instagram (odd combination I know but I love shopping and looking at cute corgis)

This is my steep uphill climb to getting my grades on track again, and therefore my revision and life diary. I hope to hide nothing and therefore not hide from my own problems!

Just so you know I am a HUGE procrastinator.

Scroll to see replies

best of luck! :rave:
You'll do great, best of luck :biggrin:
If you're in need of extra advice/motivation, check this out (I wrote it) https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/revision/gcse/revision-advice-my-journey-to-11-grade-9s-and-how-to-stay-motivated
Reply 3
25/02/19

Today was my first day back after my holiday, and as much as I was tired I tried hard to throw myself back into the swing of the things. I will update later tonight on my progress after my homework/revsison.
Reply 4
Original post by emilynxlan
best of luck! :rave:

thank you so much!
Reply 5
Original post by x.emilye
You'll do great, best of luck :biggrin:
If you're in need of extra advice/motivation, check this out (I wrote it) https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/revision/gcse/revision-advice-my-journey-to-11-grade-9s-and-how-to-stay-motivated

Thank you, just read your blog, I can't believe that you got 11 grade 9's what a dream! Such great tips too!
Original post by nhe9
Thank you, just read your blog, I can't believe that you got 11 grade 9's what a dream! Such great tips too!

Thankss :biggrin: x I can't really believe it either sometimes
Good luck, hope you do great, just got push through it and do small bits at a time 👍🏻
Reply 8
Original post by George_28
Good luck, hope you do great, just got push through it and do small bits at a time 👍🏻

Thank you!:colondollar:
Dude, marmite? you like it? orrible stuff.
anyways here just for the dogs so gluck
your history course sounds so interesting!! very jealous :thumbsup:
Reply 11
Original post by ThunderBeard
Dude, marmite? you like it? orrible stuff.
anyways here just for the dogs so gluck

Nah I love the stuff
Reply 12
Original post by mpaprika
your history course sounds so interesting!! very jealous :thumbsup:

Yeh, it mostly is! Which History courses are you doing?
Reply 13
So I'm still a bit shaky with how to work the forum at the moment so bear with me.:party:
please what is love
I love the title :giggle: HUGE procrastinator here too! :five:
Original post by nhe9
Yeh, it mostly is! Which History courses are you doing?

a nation of contrasts: America 1920-1930, medicine through time and war depression and recovery: Britain
Original post by nhe9
Nah I love the stuff

I don't believe you.
Reply 18
Original post by mpaprika
a nation of contrasts: America 1920-1930, medicine through time and war depression and recovery: Britain

That to me sounds so interesting!
Reply 19
Original post by ThunderBeard
I don't believe you.

I could literally sit and eat it with a spoon it's that good!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending