The Student Room Group

Revision is like marmite... (grow your own grades)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nhe9
I could literally sit and eat it with a spoon it's that good!

No. How. No. People do not eat marmite with a spoon. It is not good. The opposite in fact. It is The BAD. Corrupted.
Reply 21
27/02/19

How's revision going? or When are you starting to revise?
These are questions I hear DAILY. If I'm going, to be honest, I don't where to even start. Like should I use mindmaps or flashcards or notes or practice papers? I've been making, gradually, science revision maps which basically mind maps with as much information I can cram onto one page. And I don't feel like this is effective? After I just get my mum to quiz about everything on that page.

For French, I feel like I don't care anymore, because I'm doing foundation french I just don't see the point in trying because I feel like I can pass it. Even though that is so cocky and arrogant but I just don't feel the motivation at all.

I'm really really into history but my teacher is so slow at teaching us so I always feel like I'm pushing him to get through the book because last year they did the last textbook in 4 WEEKS??????????///?/// and to me, that would be so stressful. But now I don't have any motivation to do any of my history work. I HATE the topic.

With my art, I've recently hit and creative block with new ideas on 'conflict' art. I detest art and wish I never took it.

Anyways forgetting about academics for a moment, my school has turned vegetarian, completely! There's outrage and it will probably get featured in the news it's all very dramatic!

In other news, my dogs are keeping me so chill they calm me down when I'm stressed, and Indi the girl has such soft fluffy fur and beautiful eyes and just want to take her everywhere with me.

does anyone watch BROOKLYN 99?
Reply 22
Original post by ThunderBeard
No. How. No. People do not eat marmite with a spoon. It is not good. The opposite in fact. It is The BAD. Corrupted.

Ok maybe not with a spoon, but toast or like ham and marmite sandwichs are the best. Maybe you just don't know what your missing.
Omg same it’s such a show
Personally for history I think flash cards work best but just depends on the individual, for my art I often look at examples from the exam board and try to do similar work but really if you don’t enjoy what you’re doing you should change or twist your project
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by nhe9
Ok maybe not with a spoon, but toast or like ham and marmite sandwichs are the best. Maybe you just don't know what your missing.

I do know what I am missing. Not that though. Tuna is better. Kinda want a sandwich. Academically get yourself a workbook and work through. Probably what I will do. Maybe listen to French shows or something.Who doesn't watch Brooklyn? Haven't caught up on 6 tho.
Can I have more dog?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by nhe9
That to me sounds so interesting!

Medicine is really interesting, but the other two.. not so much haha
Reply 26
Original post by ThunderBeard
I do know what I am missing. Not that though. Tuna is better. Kinda want a sandwich. Academically get yourself a workbook and work through. Probably what I will do. Maybe listen to French shows or something.Who doesn't watch Brooklyn? Haven't caught up on 6 tho.
Can I have more dog?

Yeh, I've got workbooks and stuff and I'm trying to go through them. I haven't watched season 5 or 6 how are you watching it? I can only watch it on Netflix.
Reply 27
6/03/19

So I have decided to write another post because I have quite a bit to catch up on. I have got my recent mini mock results back and I got a 5 in Maths (better than expected) but I am going to drop down to the foundation as it would be so much easier for me to do and after doing a foundation practice paper I feel like it would be more reliable to get a 5. In English Language a 6 and Literature a 7 (bearing in mind these were only paper 2) Unfortunately there, as I believe have been some inequality in the marking as some teachers have been far more lenient than other teachers, this has become apparent because this is the first we have been marked by other teachers than our own. THIS IS NOT ME COMPLAINING ABOUT MY GRADE AT ALL. I merely just wanted to make a point as I was disappointed with my grade and I am extremely happy for my peers who managed to get an 8+.

In terms of French, I want to try and make a vocab 'mat' for each topic, food and eating out, free time and global issues etc. We know approx. when our speaking exams are which is making everything all so real.

For Geography, our teacher tells us how long we have weeks-wise before our exam which is probably not helping exactly but nevermind. We are finishing up the last few lessons before we get our 'pre-release' which is basically a booklet with loads of information that we will be asked questions on in our paper 3 exam. I'm not really nervous about the pre-release as our teacher is confident that she can take us through it and get us good grades for that section.

In History, I am finding I am falling so far behind with my work I wouldn't even know where to start to get back on track. I am currently contemplating whether to just start writing my revision notes up instead of my school work.

I don't understand why we are still being given homework that isn't practice questions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel so so overwhelmed with all the work and don't know how to start revising.

I'm going to a Freya Ridings concert tomorrow night with my mum (embarrassing I know but I enjoy spending time with her) and a Drake concert on Sunday with one of my best friends.

On the next post, I shall include pictures of my dogs. Whether you want them or not!
Original post by nhe9
Yeh, I've got workbooks and stuff and I'm trying to go through them. I haven't watched season 5 or 6 how are you watching it? I can only watch it on Netflix.

E4
Reply 29
Drake was INSANE oh my god seriously so so sos os ososoosososoos good.

Revision has started off, but I'm not feeling good about it tbh. I find we've got too much to be learning, so I've started off from the beginning and just working my way through. Tbh I'm don't have much else to say apart from that I finished my art coursework final piece today (not my exam piece). But yeh pretty happy with that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending