The Student Room Group

Messi or Ronaldo

Who is better, Messi or Ronaldo?
In my opinion Messi is the GOAT. The way he mugged Boateng off in the champions league in 2015 shows why he is.
Reply 1
Pointless discussion.

Let's just enjoy the fact we're able to watch two of the best players of all time plying their trade.
Reply 2
Mate I just asked who people thought was better ennit
Original post by Drewski
Pointless discussion.

Let's just enjoy the fact we're able to watch two of the best players of all time plying their trade.
Reply 3
Original post by DogNah
Mate I just asked who people thought was better ennit

And I just pointed out that it's a pointless discussion. They're both exceptional, reducing it down to an either/or argument is a waste of time.
Reply 4
Debate is what I wanted. Seeing why people think who is interesting which I am sure you can agree with.
Original post by Drewski
And I just pointed out that it's a pointless discussion. They're both exceptional, reducing it down to an either/or argument is a waste of time.
Reply 5
Original post by DogNah
Debate is what I wanted. Seeing why people think who is interesting which I am sure you can agree with.

Well I'm quite sure this is the first time that question has ever been asked, and that nobody has ever thought to compare the two before, and that chat is better for the (pointless) debate than the football forum...
Reply 6
John Joe O' Toole I'd say
Reply 7
You're making this pointless by not answering the question
Original post by Drewski
Well I'm quite sure this is the first time that question has ever been asked, and that nobody has ever thought to compare the two before, and that chat is better for the (pointless) debate than the football forum...
Reply 8
Get in the bin
Original post by Tyyrikki
John Joe O' Toole I'd say
Reply 9
That was very rude.
Original post by DogNah
Get in the bin
Original post by DogNah
You're making this pointless by not answering the question

Yes, that's what's making it a silly thread...
Reply 11
Ones a tax dodging midget the others a tax dodging rapist. I’ll take Olivier Giroud thank you.
steven gerrard
Reply 13
That is fair enough.
Original post by BenK64
Ones a tax dodging midget the others a tax dodging rapist. I’ll take Olivier Giroud thank you.
Reply 14
I'm sorry, only title winning players in this thread please.
Original post by TheOwenJohn
steven gerrard
For me Messi. Although CR7 can score pretty much any type of goal known to man, Messi's overall skillset and contribution to the team is more valuable. Generally you see that in the rare games where Ronaldo doesn't score he's not very useful in the way of assists or setting anything up. Whereas Messi can be just as useful when he doesnt score. Position wise Messi's skillset makes him more versatile than CR7, Ronaldo can play on the left or as a striker. Messi can play RW, Striker or even as an Attacking midfielder(i know he doesnt play here im saying that he could).

To sum it up for me. If an extremely talented player comes along and works VERY hard. He could be the next Ronaldo.
But there will never be another Messi
Reply 16
Very true. Messi is the most unique player ever. Ronaldo is just a goalscoring machine.
People like Zidane, Ronaldinho, Cruyff are all unique.
Original post by ak22221
For me Messi. Although CR7 can score pretty much any type of goal known to man, Messi's overall skillset and contribution to the team is more valuable. Generally you see that in the rare games where Ronaldo doesn't score he's not very useful in the way of assists or setting anything up. Whereas Messi can be just as useful when he doesnt score. Position wise Messi's skillset makes him more versatile than CR7, Ronaldo can play on the left or as a striker. Messi can play RW, Striker or even as an Attacking midfielder(i know he doesnt play here im saying that he could).

To sum it up for me. If an extremely talented player comes along and works VERY hard. He could be the next Ronaldo.
But there will never be another Messi

Quick Reply

Latest