The Student Room Group

Prove the person above you wrong

Here's one that I thought of while bored. I'll start with a statement, and then someone tries to disprove it, and then the next person tries to prove that wrong, etc etc. in the most absurd way you can think of.

Rules:
- no politics. Keep it casual.

- the more ridiculous the argument, the better. It doesn't have to be amazingly well-reasoned.

- you don't have to personally believe it

Okay, let's go:
Maths is a pointless A-level
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 1
Bump.
How dare you!

It’s a great way of making students suffer!
Reply 3
An even better way of making students suffer is leaving the windows wide open in November lol
Reply 4
But then you risk students running away. They should design special single-storey, ceilingless classes for A-level maths instead.
Reply 5
If you have a ceilingless single story building they'll find a way out. Most likely by using the bodies of the others as ladders. They're that desperate to get out.

The true way to keep them there is to surround the place with crowds of sociable people. The maths students will be too nervous to join in and won't want to risk bumping into to anyone.
Reply 6
Original post by soligem
But then you risk students running away. They should design special single-storey, ceilingless classes for A-level maths instead.

But then people can fly over and steal education. D:
Original post by math42
But then people can fly over and steal education. D:

not if you have a strong fibre netting fitted in place of the ceiling that allows the students to feel the cold air whilst simultaneously doesn't allow them to fly off.
Reply 8
But we're taught that "sharing is caring". Besides, enough copies would be provided for everyone :woo:
Why am I doing this
Original post by Heirio
If you have a ceilingless single story building they'll find a way out. Most likely by using the bodies of the others as ladders. They're that desperate to get out.

The true way to keep them there is to surround the place with crowds of sociable people. The maths students will be too nervous to join in and won't want to risk bumping into to anyone.

But now I'm confused :hmmmm: Are they desperate to ditch maths, or are they actual math geeks?!
Original post by Anonymouspsych
not if you have a strong fibre netting fitted in place of the ceiling that allows the students to feel the cold air whilst simultaneously doesn't allow them to fly off.

But feeling the cold air contradicts with the strict "torture 101 for the damned with maths" rules.

Excuse the shameful speed at which tsr is running on my device
No, the cold air acts as a wake up call for the sleepy students and those who don't know what they're in for
Original post by InquisitiveMae
No, the cold air acts as a wake up call for the sleepy students and those who don't know what they're in for

Cold air = hypothermia = death of students QED
well that was technically the plan anyway
Original post by NetNeutrality
well that was technically the plan anyway

But then you would have to deal with all the bodies
bury them in the school
Original post by Flowergirl101
But then you would have to deal with all the bodies

Quick Reply

Latest