The Student Room Group

Crown Prosecution Legal Trainee Scheme 2019

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Delphicyute
Yeah LPC. Are you doing the BPTC?

Good luck to you too.

Thanks 😀
I'm doing the LPC! So many exams back to back at the min!

Have you submitted the VI?
Original post by Trixom
Thanks 😀
I'm doing the LPC! So many exams back to back at the min!

Have you submitted the VI?

Not yet, aiming to do it this forthcoming weekend. What about you?
Are the scores for the SJT and JRT considered later on in the process? I've been invited for video interview with SJT 54% and JRT 70% (which aren't great scores) and I'm wondering if the scores would make much difference later on?And has anyone taken the VI test and what kind of questions come up?
Reply 23
Original post by username0409
Are the scores for the SJT and JRT considered later on in the process? I've been invited for video interview with SJT 54% and JRT 70% (which aren't great scores) and I'm wondering if the scores would make much difference later on?And has anyone taken the VI test and what kind of questions come up?

Doubt it - once you’ve passed you’ve passed as far as I understand.

And those scores are decent scores - to score in the 70th percentile of the total number of people who’ve done that blasted VRT is impressive!

I’m doing the VI on the weekend.
How long did you have to wait before hearing back? I've just finished the SJT - 58% and JRT - 69%. Wondering if I've applied too late to get through to the VI test!
Reply 25
Original post by GingerAleSnail
How long did you have to wait before hearing back? I've just finished the SJT - 58% and JRT - 69%. Wondering if I've applied too late to get through to the VI test!

I waited a few days.
It was a matter of hours for me. I waited around 2 hours after the SJT for the JRT and around 6 hours after the JRT for the VI. Looking to do the VI on Monday
Reply 27
Has anyone recorded their Video Interview yet? Trying to work out what sort of questions might be asked, general ones like Why do you want to work for the CPS, why do you want to be a prosecutor etc? Or something more specific?
Hi everyone,

I just did both SJT and VRT and results are :

VRT:87%
SJT 50% (did it yeasterday at 2 am-huuuge mistake obviously)

the status of the application is on hold...So its highly unlikely to proceed further- 50% SJT.. i can just hope the VBT can compensate? COuld u please share what do u think and if someone with similar results has got an invitation for the next stage??
Reply 29
Does anyone know if we are supposed to receive an email to confirm the submission of the video interview?
Yes I'm sure I read somewhere that you should receive an email confirmation. Check your junk because my invite came to my junk folder. Contact them if you don't get a confirmation perhaps.

Hope it went well for you :smile:

Was it just the usual 'why CPS' and 'experiences which make you good for the role' Qs on the video interview?
Original post by GAW1996
Does anyone know if we are supposed to receive an email to confirm the submission of the video interview?
Reply 31
I’ve finally received an email! It took an hour to come so I was getting worried it hadn’t submitted properly.

It went ok I think! It felt very unnatural speaking to a webcam, as opposed to a person!

Yes it was them kind of Q’s, generic interview Q’s! Good luck! X
Original post by sarahbeth93
Yes I'm sure I read somewhere that you should receive an email confirmation. Check your junk because my invite came to my junk folder. Contact them if you don't get a confirmation perhaps.

Hope it went well for you :smile:

Was it just the usual 'why CPS' and 'experiences which make you good for the role' Qs on the video interview?
Hi guys,
I’ve been invited to the video interview and absolutely bricking myself..
can anyone confirm how many questions there are and what they ask?
Reply 33
Finally got round to doing it!!! Just had so much going on but couldn't put off any longer! And not sure it went well at all, I hate anything like that I just want to speak to a real person!!

How did yours go?
Original post by Delphicyute
Not yet, aiming to do it this forthcoming weekend. What about you?
Reply 34
Meet your mate, I was bricking it and don't think it went well at all!! 🤢
I read all the guidance and prepped too but just hate anything that's timed!

All I can say is read the guidance and do the practice one.
Its just generic interview questions only 2 of thenm, you have 2 mins to answer but 5 mins to prepare once they show the question.

Good luck 💚
Original post by Legaleaglefx
Hi guys,
I’ve been invited to the video interview and absolutely bricking myself..
can anyone confirm how many questions there are and what they ask?
Reply 35
Did anybody have major technical issues with VI?!! It seriously stressed me out😨 ended up having to do it on my phone!!!
To everyone who hasn't done the interview yet, be sure to check the demo link in the PDF they provided to practise with 3 separate questions
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 37
Quick question for those who have done the interview do you need to wear a suit etc or are they not interested? Cheers
Original post by Trixom
Finally got round to doing it!!! Just had so much going on but couldn't put off any longer! And not sure it went well at all, I hate anything like that I just want to speak to a real person!!

How did yours go?

Literally just completed it! I just feel relieved that it is over. Contrary to my suspicions, I didn't majorly fail but I'm not sure whether it went well enough. How are your exams going by the way? I'm finished until June now.
Original post by Roadie1
Quick question for those who have done the interview do you need to wear a suit etc or are they not interested? Cheers

Definitely wear something formal - it is simpler if you wear a suit (well, shirt and tie at least). But there's no need for suit trousers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending