The Student Room Group

Should I give up a deferred unconditional offer to re-apply this year?

Hello everyone,

I currently hold an unconditional offer to study a LLB at The University of Law, which I deferred to September 2019.

However after a change of circumstances and some further research, I believe that Royal Holloway might be a better choice for me.

Unfortunately my grades are slightly below their recommended grade requirements. I have a strong background of experience in the legal sector and explained this to their admissions team who strongly encouraged me to submit a formal application through UCAS.

This would require me to revoke my current offer and begin an entirely new application, which I am somewhat hesitant to do, should I not receive an offer in return.

Has anyone been in a similar situation or can offer some advice on what to expect from admissions at Royal Holloway? Such as flexible grade requirements etc.

Thanks!
Original post by Gentleman Nerd
Hello everyone,

I currently hold an unconditional offer to study a LLB at The University of Law, which I deferred to September 2019.

However after a change of circumstances and some further research, I believe that Royal Holloway might be a better choice for me.

Unfortunately my grades are slightly below their recommended grade requirements. I have a strong background of experience in the legal sector and explained this to their admissions team who strongly encouraged me to submit a formal application through UCAS.

This would require me to revoke my current offer and begin an entirely new application, which I am somewhat hesitant to do, should I not receive an offer in return.

Has anyone been in a similar situation or can offer some advice on what to expect from admissions at Royal Holloway? Such as flexible grade requirements etc.

Thanks!

If you are having doubts about the University of Law, I would encourage you to do as RH have suggested, and make a fresh application. I think you are likely to get a more rounded Uni experience at RH as the U of L is more geared towards postgraduate students and the experience wouldn't be the same as at a normal uni where you get to meet younger people studying all different subjects.

The response you received from RH is very encouraging and I know that they are sometimes flexible in their grade requirements. It's definitely worth applying and if the worst came to the worst, you could still apply to other unis (University of Law are highly likely to be in Clearing in any case).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending