The Student Room Group

If May suddenly called a general election , who would you vote for?

Scroll to see replies

not old enough but if i could vote, then labour
I voted Labour last time but I'm really not impressed with what's going on with them at the moment. If an election was called in the near future I'd probably vote either Lib Dem or Green.
If you vote for Labour you're a terrorist.
Original post by MJlover
CBA with Tories as they've destroyed the morale of so many of the people who live here - from a wide demographic.

There is their persistent undermining of the welfare system and the people who need it, there is the Windrush scandal and the stripping of citizenship to ethnic minorities only. 90% less housing investment since Gordon Brown left.

Increase in tuition fees is another issue. Its so rubbish for most people in the UK to have conservative government. I think people who vote for them and aren't of the wealthy classes are sycophantic lol.

I dunno what else to add but there is nothing to vote for in the Tory party. Corbynista through and through lol

Not voting for them either, mistakenly did for the first time in my life in 2017 believing that they would be able to deliver a brexit that wasn't in name only, but putting my cross in that particular box ( not a euphemism) felt wrong to me in so many ways.
I have since seen that the majority of parliamentarians do not wish for us to actually leave so, like a substantial amount of the electorate, will vote for a party that will achieve this.
The newly formed Brexit party already has over 100k members and will perform extremely well in any election held between now and us actually leaving the EU, and this is very bad news for your Mr Corbyn who by backing a 2nd referendum has lost a whole load of votes in the North.
Won't vote.

No one campaigns where I live. If potential MPs don't want my vote they aren't going to get it.

Also, more importantly, the system is fundamentally broken. It can't work. I'm not going to pretend that everyrhi g is absolutely fine because it's been painted a different colour.
Original post by Alesha1991
I voted Labour last time but I'm really not impressed with what's going on with them at the moment. If an election was called in the near future I'd probably vote either Lib Dem or Green.

Why those two.

There is a massive difference between the essentially Corbynite Greens and fairly centrist Lib Dem’s.
Original post by ColinDent
Not voting for them either, mistakenly did for the first time in my life in 2017 believing that they would be able to deliver a brexit that wasn't in name only, but putting my cross in that particular box ( not a euphemism) felt wrong to me in so many ways.
I have since seen that the majority of parliamentarians do not wish for us to actually leave so, like a substantial amount of the electorate, will vote for a party that will achieve this.
The newly formed Brexit party already has over 100k members and will perform extremely well in any election held between now and us actually leaving the EU, and this is very bad news for your Mr Corbyn who by backing a 2nd referendum has lost a whole load of votes in the North.

Do you not see value in holding your course with the Tories and going with the Gove approach of getting the deal now and then when we have a majority pulling out further later.
Original post by Libtardian
If you vote for Labour you're a terrorist.

Brilliant! Care to explain
Original post by Rakas21
Why those two.

There is a massive difference between the essentially Corbynite Greens and fairly centrist Lib Dem’s.

Do you not see value in holding your course with the Tories and going with the Gove approach of getting the deal now and then when we have a majority pulling out further later.

No, I felt dirty doing it once.
If it comes to another GE and we're still in the EU in any way then I will be voting for the brexit party.
No, I felt dirty doing it once.
If it comes to another GE and we're still in the EU in any way then I will be voting for the brexit party.

Problem with that is you have no idea what political stance they take Colin
Original post by Burton Bridge
Problem with that is you have no idea what political stance they take Colin

I know the main one 😉
Brilliant! Care to explain

They want to suicide bomb the economy.
Won't matter anyway. Westminster will tell the devolved nations what to do anyway. I can't wait for the day where the only part of the Union left is a unified army, everything else is devolved, on that day I shall organise a march to drive the English pensioners from West Wales and East Wales, burn down their holiday homes and delare myself the son of Glyndwr.
Labour probably also
Original post by FemaleinDress
I would vote Labour.
Reply 73
Yorkshire Party.

No idea what their policies are, or if they even exist these days, but if they're still around I'll vote for them.

If not them, some other minor party. Can't stand any of the main ones but never like wasting my vote.
Original post by Libtardian
They want to suicide bomb the economy.

I must of missed that policy in the Labour manifesto when I read it and decided to vote for them, which in you're eyes makes me a terrorist. Can you please back up your claim?
Labour. Definitely not the Tories at their current state.
I know the main one 😉

Lol you know what I mean though, a JRM world post Brexit would look completely different to a Dennis Skinner one.

Guess what you are saying is get step one out the first then deal with the future when we are free enough to control it?
Original post by Neilos
Yorkshire Party.

No idea what their policies are, or if they even exist these days, but if they're still around I'll vote for them.

If not them, some other minor party. Can't stand any of the main ones but never like wasting my vote.

I'd argue that voting for something you don't care about or actively dislike is far more a 'waste' than taking the decision not to vote.
I must of missed that policy in the Labour manifesto when I read it and decided to vote for them, which in you're eyes makes me a terrorist. Can you please back up your claim?

I guess you should read it again then.
Lol you know what I mean though, a JRM world post Brexit would look completely different to a Dennis Skinner one.

Guess what you are saying is get step one out the first then deal with the future when we are free enough to control it?

Bingo! Don't think I'd be alone with this train of thought either, very far from it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending