The Student Room Group

Poetry comparison

Hello I’m studying the aqa power and conflict cluster and I was wondering if you have any ideas of which poems compare with which and how, for a grade 8/9 answers.
Please reply if you have any ideas and thanks for your time
Original post by Jeanderson14
Hello I’m studying the aqa power and conflict cluster and I was wondering if you have any ideas of which poems compare with which and how, for a grade 8/9 answers.

Study tip: Create a mind map of different themes that u can think of and then put each poems into which themes they fit in to that way u'll be able to see which poems compare with which and which theme they fit into. Let me know if u need any help.
Original post by #love2learn
Study tip: Create a mind map of different themes that u can think of and then put each poems into which themes they fit in to that way u'll be able to see which poems compare with which and which theme they fit into. Let me know if u need any help.

Thank you I was wondering if for each poem you need to compare them with more than one poem for example ozymandias could be power of man but also could be linked to the theme of pride/glory
Thank you I was wondering if for each poem you need to compare them with more than one poem for example ozymandias could be power of man but also could be linked to the theme of pride/glory

No u get given one poem in the exam and u have to compare that with ONE other poem that relates to that theme. Yeah most poems have more than one theme.
No u get given one poem in the exam and u have to compare that with ONE other poem that relates to that theme. Yeah most poems have more than one theme.

Ok thanks do you know what revision resources or techniques that I could use to help me compare poems
Ok thanks do you know what revision resources or techniques that I could use to help me compare poems

Mind maps.
Seneca - online app for revision for many subjects.
Different websites.
Class notes.
Anthology notes
Mind maps.
Seneca - online app for revision for many subjects.
Different websites.
Class notes.
Anthology notes

Thank you !
Thank you !

No need to thank me. I'm glad that i have helped u.

Personally, I just did 4/5 poems in depth , 3 quotes for each, do the 5 poems with the highest themes like kamikaze has 6 themes and so does poppies so could relate to anything relaly. Ok so ur thinking well I’ve been told you need to do all poems , that’s where ur wrong, my teacher said that all poems r in POWER AND CONFLICT poetry meaning they all have power and conflict in them , meaning all of them no matter what poem has some control and some discression between characters for example conflict can be ANYTHING with corruption, I personally found an idea that I made up on the spot to link London and exposure together for conflict and what I ddI was did our brains ache and “mind forged manacles” and said your mind is the biggest conflict as it is connected to every limb in your body and controls your mental state and physical state which could imply that exposure is suffering from ptsd/frost bite (physical and mental) and that his mind is controlling these symptoms as it is the most dominant tyrant and his stream of consciousness is lost through out But notjinh happens”
You may find this useless and wrong but I got a 7/8 from it in my last mock
Original post by Jackgcsehelp
Personally, I just did 4/5 poems in depth , 3 quotes for each, do the 5 poems with the highest themes like kamikaze has 6 themes and so does poppies so could relate to anything relaly. Ok so ur thinking well I’ve been told you need to do all poems , that’s where ur wrong, my teacher said that all poems r in POWER AND CONFLICT poetry meaning they all have power and conflict in them , meaning all of them no matter what poem has some control and some discression between characters for example conflict can be ANYTHING with corruption, I personally found an idea that I made up on the spot to link London and exposure together for conflict and what I ddI was did our brains ache and “mind forged manacles” and said your mind is the biggest conflict as it is connected to every limb in your body and controls your mental state and physical state which could imply that exposure is suffering from ptsd/frost bite (physical and mental) and that his mind is controlling these symptoms as it is the most dominant tyrant and his stream of consciousness is lost through out But notjinh happens”

Thank you
Original post by Jackgcsehelp

Hiya, ik I’m really late to this but can I ask which 5 poems you learnt?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending