The Student Room Group

BMAT and UCAT

When is a good time to start revising for it- Its in August this year? Should I be revising now?
No. No. No.
Wayyyyy too early
UKCAT- you choose to sit it any time between July and October. I'd recommend beginning to revise about 6 weeks before starting with a couple of hours a day or so
BMAT- I'd get UKCAT out the way and then start revising for this. I did Novemeber sitting and began revising end of September. If you are doing the earlier sitting then start revising maybe also 6 weeks before? But then I'd get the UKCAT done first and do that in July?
Original post by AzureCeleste
No. No. No.
Wayyyyy too early
UKCAT- you choose to sit it any time between July and October. I'd recommend beginning to revise about 6 weeks before starting with a couple of hours a day or so
BMAT- I'd get UKCAT out the way and then start revising for this. I did Novemeber sitting and began revising end of September. If you are doing the earlier sitting then start revising maybe also 6 weeks before? But then I'd get the UKCAT done first and do that in July?

I only sat the ukcat so can't talk for bmat but even 6 weeks for ukcat prep might be a bit much in my opinion - I did about 4 weeks overall with 2 weeks more intense (at the same time as work experience and holidays)
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by TODTEMPLE01
I only sat the ukcat so can't talk for bmat but even 6 weeks for ukcat prep might be a bit much in my opinion - I did about 4 weeks overall with 2 weeks more intense (at the same time as work experience and holidays)

6 weeks tends to be recommended and I say start off slow as in a couple of hours here and there and pick it up properly in the last 2 weeks (I personally only picked it up intensively in the last week)
Reply 4
Original post by AzureCeleste
No. No. No.
Wayyyyy too early

If you don't mind me asking, did you score very well? My issue is I dont do physics or maths so I'd have to learn the spec needed- Maths should be fine but not physics
Original post by platinum26
If you don't mind me asking, did you score very well? My issue is I dont do physics or maths so I'd have to learn the spec needed- Maths should be fine but not physics

Yeah I scored well on both of them.
For BMAT it's based upon the GCSE's- so if you did GCSE maths or physics you will be fine. For BMAT I hadn't done GCSE's (different exam board I was on) so for me it was learning 4 specs- only one which really mattered and was different was the biology section though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending