The Student Room Group

Trump threatened high school and college to not release his grades

[video="youtube;MWPgamkwL1w"]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MWPgamkwL1w[/video]

Scroll to see replies

Well he’s clearly hiding something cause this white loaf of bread would jump out at any opportunity to make himself look superior
Reply 2
Original post by Rainfall
Well he’s clearly hiding something cause this white loaf of bread would jump out at any opportunity to make himself look superior

What do you mean?
Original post by Anonymous
What do you mean?

What’s not making sense?
Reply 4
Original post by Rainfall
What’s not making sense?

What would he try to hide?
Lol
rofl - would do the same :smile:

doesn't really impact on my judgement on him as a great president (Sanders trying on his commie platform again i see lol)

MAGA 2020 is coming :smile:

Original post by Andrew97
Does it matter?

Lack of transparency.
I think he should have released his tax returns and put his investments into a blind trust like previous presidents.
This bit matters not so much, but remember how much he was into probing Obama was not an American and a Muslim with all the investigations over birth certificates.

Trump isnt one of the people you want to fall out with as he comes across as a bully.
Reply 9
Original post by Andrew97
Does it matter?

Quite relevant since many "wealthy successful" people live a life of unearned privileged. These kind of people should be exposed especially when they have the financial power to get the government to do their bidding at the cost of ordinary people.
What would he try to hide?

Because his grades aren’t as good as Obama’s
Original post by 999tigger
Lack of transparency.
I think he should have released his tax returns and put his investments into a blind trust like previous presidents.
This bit matters not so much, but remember how much he was into probing Obama was not an American and a Muslim with all the investigations over birth certificates.

Trump isnt one of the people you want to fall out with as he comes across as a bully.

Don't forget this:
[video="youtube;ybrZwRacCkw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybrZwRacCkw[/video]
Original post by BlueIndigoViolet
rofl - would do the same :smile:

doesn't really impact on my judgement on him as a great president (Sanders trying on his commie platform again i see lol)

MAGA 2020 is coming :smile:

lmfao! This is your so called "great president"?
[video="youtube;aD5aK9Npvf8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD5aK9Npvf8[/video]
Reply 13
He probably didn't get elite grades or anything, given the amount of effort he took to hide them.

but at the end of the day, do his grades even matter?
how much billions does he have again?
being born with silver spoons in your mouth will take you a lot further than an A grade from a top university. that is the lesson people should learn here......
lmfao! This is your so called "great president"?
[video="youtube;aD5aK9Npvf8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD5aK9Npvf8[/video]

haha this is what people were saying in 2016, the red wave of states is coming. :wink:

Original post by ANM775
He probably didn't get elite grades or anything, given the amount of effort he took to hide them.

but at the end of the day, do his grades even matter?
how much billions does he have again?
being born with silver spoons in your mouth will take you a lot further than an A grade from a top university. that is the lesson people should learn here......

If he really is worth billions of $ why doesn't he release his tax returns to prove it. He likes to brag a lot so it is strange that he hasn't yet flaunted the proof that he's a billionaire or ever was one for that matter.
The irony of complaining about someone not being transparent from an anonymous post is real...
Original post by Drewski
The irony of complaining about someone not being transparent from an anonymous post is real...

Lol, but we're all anonymous regardless.
Reply 18
Fine. Someone's marks at school shouldn't be released unless they explicitly direct them to be. I have no idea what the data protection laws are like in the United States, but in this country that is quite clearly required.

I don't care if he's President or a street sweeper, he still has the right to keep that information private if he chooses to and the idea that some organisation should release it against his will is objectionable. If you're going to go down the rather lazy route of calling him a hypocrite on this, fine - perhaps you think he should be open about these things. But in no case at all is it the duty of a school or university to do that - and I would be quite concerned if they did.
It's videos like this that are why Trump remains popular with his supporters. Aside from the obvious bias of TYT, saying Trump is an idiot, dumb, a dummy, pathetic, a baby etc is clearly an ad hominem, and it's said from a position of self-proclaimed superiority by Cenk. And all this stems from Trump not wanting violated his right to his personal information kept confidential. Cenk also seems to be equating grades and university to intelligence, and looking down on anyone who didn't make it to a 'good' university, all to make a personal attack on Trump.

Obviously people who dislike Trump for reasons including his hypocrisy are going to lap all this up, reinforcing their opinions, but it's massively polarising and doesn't actually add anything material to either remove Trump from office or convince his voters to turn against him. What's the point of it apart from Cenk to big himself up and to vent his (at least partly justified) envy by personally attacking the POTUS? Trump is the subject of that video, but Cenk ensured Trump became the victim too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending