The Student Room Group

My Journey On Becoming a Doctor

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ailurophile03
:hugs: how is ur revision going?

Work harder and study smarter! Study, take breaks, eat and repeat! Good luck 😉
Reply 41
Original post by Kroznox
Should I apply to a Foundation in Science or IB? I want to study medicine like you, and the foundation would allow me to achieve my goal a year earlier. I have no idea what to do... quite scared about college after my IGCSEs btw.

I am so sorry, I didn't see your msg earlier. Well as @halsx11 has mentioned, you should do some alone thinking. Ignore what other ppl are telling you and question yourself. You know yourself better than any of us obviously. Are you willing to put the hard work? Will you be committed? Studying medicine is hard, it requires a lot of self-discipline.
Also I am not that aware of foundation courses. You can also ask ppl who know you some advice, but make a decision that feels right for you.
Good Luck! :h::heart:
Reply 42
:hugs: how is ur revision going?

Well I have been sort of distracted these past couple of days. But I am starting to get back on track. pls wish me luck to get back on track :plz2:
Reply 43
Original post by halsx11
Yeah Good luck Hon

Original post by halsx11
Work harder and study smarter! Study, take breaks, eat and repeat! Good luck 😉

Thank you so much; loads of good luck to you too. :heart:
Original post by _pxmudi_
Thank you so much; loads of good luck to you too. :heart:

Ur welcome and thanks x
Well I have been sort of distracted these past couple of days. But I am starting to get back on track. pls wish me luck to get back on track :plz2:

good luck! you've got this:party:
Well here I am... Wow I cannot stress how much unproductive I've been yesterday and today. So OK I did some work, I am not meaning like not even glancing at a book type of unproductive, but I just didn't do enough work. So the off point was, as I went to school yesterday and today, as soon as I came home I just watched youtube videos one after the other while eating and by the time I realized it, 2 hours have gone by! :bawling: Urgh! Why am I so careless???
The other thing I figured was I sort of put away the idea of my study schedule (studying for 1 1/2 hours and then having a break for 1/2 an hour) yesterday and today and that totally flunked my 2 days. So I highly recommend having a schedule like that so you can balance your study and break times, if not you are gonna go out of hand. Its 18:26 right now. When I realized that I sort of messed up, I decided to just go and do a little cleaning/organising of my deskspace, books, bed, cloth rack,etc. Just took me like 5-10min but it just refreshed me up so much. Then I had a bodywash and here I am now. (Went on IG for 10min because I didn't go on IG for like 3-4 days.) But now I am feeling like smashing again so that's good. Feeling a little fatigued however so might take a nap as well. But I am up for the task again, Thank God! :flower2:

Spoiler

So I was making A2 organic chemistry short notes on my laptop yesterday and I realized that I have to make the notes by writing and then condense them into revision cards and stuff on my laptop. If not it just won't go into my head. I also did a Physics 42 paper halfway. Discussed it at school as well. Have more papers to do, more studying to, more revision to do. Urgh, can this exam season be over, please?

your unproductiveness is my productiveness 😭 I also am from Sri Lanka
Reply 47
Original post by SmartUnicorn
your unproductiveness is my productiveness 😭 I also am from Sri Lanka

WhAT?! Omg, that's AWESOME!!
Yess...someone's unproductiveness is another's productiveness. But seriously, that shouldn't be mine. 😂
Reply 48
HELLO peeps! Ok yes I've been away for like 2 weeks now and that's because my WiFi has been disconnected for 2 weeks. I've been surviving from data cards the whole time. 😭 So I could only use the tab; the laptop has been an internet-free zone for 2 weeks.

Regarding how my studying has been going...
I had my pre-mocks the last week and, to be honest, the biology papers were the only "good" ones for me. I am pretty sure I screwed up both chemistry and physics. I was just too lazy to study, coming up to the pre-mocks. Not being able to come on TSR impacted my productivity a lot I guess. Or is it just me?

Spoiler

I still don't have WiFi but I decided that I have to do a lil' update till the WiFi is back. So so so so....sorry for anyone that I tagged or for anyone who was looking forward for any updates on me. I will get back on track as soon as the WiFi is up and going.
HELLO peeps! Ok yes I've been away for like 2 weeks now and that's because my WiFi has been disconnected for 2 weeks. I've been surviving from data cards the whole time. 😭 So I could only use the tab; the laptop has been an internet-free zone for 2 weeks.

I had my pre-mocks the last week and, to be honest, the biology papers were the only "good" ones for me. I am pretty sure I screwed up both chemistry and physics. I was just too lazy to study, coming up to the pre-mocks. Not being able to come on TSR impacted my productivity a lot I guess. Or is it just me?

Spoiler

I still don't have WiFi but I decided that I have to do a lil' update till the WiFi is back. So so so so....sorry for anyone that I tagged or for anyone who was looking forward for any updates on me. I will get back on track as soon as the WiFi is up and going.

missed you! good luck with ur revision!:heart:

Spoiler

Oh it’s fine literally i have just finished my mocks revising like crazy! Dw you’ll do fine how come your papers are out of 30 my science ones are out of 100. I did really bad on my maths so it doesn’t matter you need to know that you can improve from them on ur real exams and we’ve got 3 months to improve! We can do this!
Reply 51
missed you! good luck with ur revision!:heart:

Missed you too! :hugs:Thank youu and good luck to you too! We need all the luck we can get. :argh:
Reply 52
Original post by halsx11
Oh it’s fine literally i have just finished my mocks revising like crazy! Dw you’ll do fine how come your papers are out of 30 my science ones are out of 100. I did really bad on my maths so it doesn’t matter you need to know that you can improve from them on ur real exams and we’ve got 3 months to improve! We can do this!

I have my mocks on March 25th so I have more tike to revise. Glad that you've revised like crazy. :clap2:
Oh even my science theory papers are out of 100. Paper 5 is the "planning, analysis and evaluation" paper. They are like written practical exams where you have to plan an experiment and analyse given data. That is out of 30.
I have my mocks on March 25th so I have more tike to revise. Glad that you've revised like crazy. :clap2:
Oh even my science theory papers are out of 100. Paper 5 is the "planning, analysis and evaluation" paper. They are like written practical exams where you have to plan an experiment and analyse given data. That is out of 30.

Oh okay Good luck revising I just finished mine last week!
Reply 54
Original post by halsx11
Oh okay Good luck revising I just finished mine last week!

Oh, you got your marks? Thank you btw. :heart:
Reply 55
YAYYY!!!! I got my WiFi connection yesterday and I am back on TSR!! :bhangra:
I just can't explain how much I missed this place. TSR affects my productivity more than I thought I did.

So, for some updates... These past 2 weeks I've trained myself to wake up at around 04:30 to get more work done. Can''t say I've been running straight to my desk after waking up, but I am proud of myself for actually opening my eyes to the alarm.
Today though, my tab didn't have charge left so it turned off. And I woke up at 05:05. And came running to my laptop to start my normal routine of updating my GYG blog. :heart:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Reply 56
Well, today I am feeling much much better. Let me tell you why.

OK, so as I mentioned before, I started watching this Indian teledrama called Bepannah. If there is anyone from India or South Asia you might have watched this, and if you have, I am sure you LOVE it. So I literally got addicted to it. Once, within one day I watched like 20 episodes from youtube. I am Sri Lankan so I don't know Hindi, but the videos have added English subtitles to it and I was elated. So i kept on watching and watching. This whole story of mine that I am telling you just started 2 weeks ago. And let me tell you, I finished watching Bepannah within 3 weeks. It has a total of 186 episodes. I started watching since like the 18th episode and yesterday I officially finished watching this. And I FREAKING LOVE THE SHOW!!! I never really like Indian teledramas and have never felt sad when a show ended, but with this it left me heartbroken, but, at least it had a happy ending.
First I was like, why why why are you this stupid? You are facing your A levels in May and you finished watching like 160 episodes in 3 weeks?! Why didn't you prioritize your time and watch like one episode per day??? But then, realizing that everything happens for a reason, I realized the good thing of this. If I watched 1 episode per day, I would be thinking of the show everyday, waiting to see what happens next. At some points I am totally immersed in the thought of the show. Even right now I do think of it, but there's no thinking of what might happen next. There is no curiosity. I finished watching it, I know the whole story. So yesterday when I finished watching it, I felt like I was in for a fresh start. So I literally did like 15 minutes of rapid organization. There were past papers, test papers and books everywhere. I organized all of them. I organized my cloth rack. And I went to sleep.
So today when I woke up, I took this day as a fresh start. And the morning has been going good so far.
The show is still going on TV in Sri Lanka. That's how I actually found out about Bepannah. Its dubbed in our language, but due to so much advertisements its still in its early stages. It might take like another year or year and a half for it to finish over here. As I watch the show that goes before that, I sometimes sit along and watch if there are any cute romantic parts in Bepannah, but most of the time I don't, because I have already watched it.

So today I woke up at 04:30, right on time. I am so happy my day started with a bang, waking up on time is a big score. I was actually contemplating on whether to go to school or not and eventually with my friend decided not to. But my friend called at 06:00 so as I wasn't sure, I was completing a chemistry paper 5 which is due today in school.
Now its 06:34. Not much time has passed actually. I hope this day goes as planned. :smile:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Reply 57
Well hello to a new day. :thumbsup:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Adiós! :burnout:
Well hello to a new day. :thumbsup:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Adiós! :burnout: