The Student Room Group

Am i overweight???

Alright. I'm wondering if I'm overweight or not???

Within the last month or two my Belly/Waist Line Has Gotten Pretty big.
Got myself a tape, Measured my Waist, Hips and the Middle of the stomach. Heres the Measurements:

Height of 5 Ft 3/ Weight 155-160 pounds (depending of fluctuations)
Waist (Right below belly button) 36 Inches.
Stomach (Right Below the Belly button) 37-38 Inches.
Wrist 7 Inches.
Biceps/upper arm 14 Inches
Fore Arm 12 Inches.

Im Currently a SIZE 12 sometimes I manage a 10 depending on clothing styles.

Im 18 year old. My Belly Looking big for sure , but overall I dont know if Im overweight for my Age and Would like to know what everyone Thinks. Am I only slightly above? or Very? Or average. Id say most my weight is at my stomach so keep that in mind when reviewing. Thanks

Here is a Pic of my Waist line BELOW/ Ill let u all be the judge
CLICK ATTACHED IMAGES BELOW FOR MORE

IMG_3850.JPG
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Everyone there are Some IMAGES TO VIEW BELOW THE BIG BLACK AND WHITE ONE. THEY ARE ATTACHMENTS THANKs
Reply 2
Do your bmi and that will tell you
Reply 3
howd i do that
Original post by Neil621
Do your bmi and that will tell you
Reply 4
Original post by DrunkFool
howd i do that

google "bmi test" and enter height weight etc. It only takes a couple of mins
Reply 5
Alriight thanKS
Lok at this image Click the link, Think th is looks clearly
Fat?? or only Lil chubby
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=801546&stc=1&d=1551676598
Original post by Neil621
google "bmi test" and enter height weight etc. It only takes a couple of mins

j
Reply 6
Alriight thanKS
Lok at this image Click the link, Think th is looks clearly
Fat?? or only Lil chubby
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=801546&stc=1&d=1551676598

j

Got it done Bmis 27 %
Reply 7
What is your waist lines Hips stomach and weight overall

Am 5 ft3 150 pounds , 37 inch waist, 39 inch stomach 38 inch hips
AM I CONSIDERED FAT?????
bmi is not a percantage, and yes youre quite overweight
5ft 7
10st 5
34 inch hips
28 waist/stomach

Can’t answer if your considered fat. As long as you have a healthy BMI, your body is proportionate and your DR thinks your cool, I’d say your grand.
Reply 10
6ft
170lbs
31 inch waist

bmi calculators would probably put you as slightly 'overweight' but it doesn't take into account a lot of things. don't worry, be happy
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 11
Yep, you are fat/overweight. Unless a lot of that weight is muscle mass. Do you work out?

I'm 5'7 / 95 pounds, idk my measurements.
Reply 12
Nah i don’t workout... Anyway 5 7 and 95 pounds is pretty damn skinny, Least in comparison to me.
Original post by Ciel.
Yep, you are fat/overweight. Unless a lot of that weight is muscle mass. Do you work out?

I'm 5'7 / 95 pounds, idk my measurements.
i'm 5'3 and 123 pounds. don't know my measurements tho, sorry

edit: 37 hips, 29 waist
(edited 5 years ago)
I am 273 lbs 5'8'' waist 40.. I think your measurements are a little cutely obese for a female..and then skinny beer bellied for a male.
Reply 15
Original post by ryry123
6ft
170lbs
31 inch waist

bmi calculators would probably put you as slightly 'overweight' but it doesn't take into account a lot of things. don't worry, be happy

Alright Well why kind of things doesn’t it take into account?? And yeah my Bmi was 30 percent last time I looked. What’s yours to get an idea of things.. and even so without the BMI percent still think in day to day life. There’s certain weights that is considered fat chubby or obese and I can easily judge others weight shut not my own PS your weight sounds Healthy 27inch waists fckin tiny
What is your waist lines Hips stomach and weight overall

Am 5 ft3 150 pounds , 37 inch waist, 39 inch stomach 38 inch hips
AM I CONSIDERED FAT?????

whoa...mate..your dimensions are like bang on to each other. That means your body is square, and you're only 5'3 You're not "fat" but you're oddly shaped tbh. Like a thumb? Squat and stout, it sounds like. You asked. I answered.

I'm 6' and 80kg, I'll check my measurements soon cos I've been working on a goal.
Reply 17
Ok Well least your thinner than me, if your considered average I have to be at least slightly above
Original post by andreassss
i'm 5'3 and 123 pounds. don't know my measurements tho, sorry
Reply 18
Nah i don’t workout... Anyway 5 7 and 95 pounds is pretty damn skinny, Least in comparison to me.

Then you could probably lose some weight.

It is skinny, but it really suits me. Some people look good underweight, some people look good curvy.
Reply 19
Your thinner than me at least Nice waist size very small. And my BMI is 31
Original post by Anonymous
5ft 7
10st 5
34 inch hips
28 waist/stomach

Can’t answer if your considered fat. As long as you have a healthy BMI, your body is proportionate and your DR thinks your cool, I’d say your grand.

Quick Reply