The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

University of Hertfordshire Accommodation 2019/20

Hi Everyone,

Congratulations on your offers! :party:

I thought I'd start this thread for you to ask any questions you have about our accommodation and find your fellow flatmates!

You might like to take a look at our accommodation walk-through video.

There's also a room tour from one of our Psychology students Chantelle.

You can browse the room options available here: https://www.residences.herts.ac.uk/default.aspx?wf=Preview

Thanks,
Heather

Scroll to see replies

Have any idea when the accommodation portal will go live for new applicants? Thanks in advance
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Original post by Samwellcya
Have any idea when the accommodation portal will go live for new applicants? Thanks in advance

I haven't got a set date but it will be soon! All offer holders will also get sent an email to let you know it's open :u:
I’ve managed to apply, although there wasn’t a personality test?
I applied this morning and didn’t have any information about a personality test. Is there meant to be one?
Original post by Samwellcya
I’ve managed to apply, although there wasn’t a personality test?

Original post by Meganxo447
I applied this morning and didn’t have any information about a personality test. Is there meant to be one?

Hi Both,

The application process now just includes room choices, your contract length and if you require single sex accommodation.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
Heather
Hello, I've been looking at accomodation because I'm likely going to accept Hertfordshire as my firm but I'm a little unsure which ones I should be looking at as I'm doing a healthcare course which I believe has longer terms! Do i need to be looking at the 50 week contracts? Thanks :smile:
anyone applying for college lane???
Original post by coniferdud
Hello, I've been looking at accomodation because I'm likely going to accept Hertfordshire as my firm but I'm a little unsure which ones I should be looking at as I'm doing a healthcare course which I believe has longer terms! Do i need to be looking at the 50 week contracts? Thanks :smile:

Hi @coniferdud ,

That's great that you're planning to accept your offer! It would be best to get in touch with our accommodation team who can advise - their email is [email protected].

Thanks,
Heather
Reply 9
Do you know how much roughly the deposit for accommodation is?
Original post by Oghoghor
Do you know how much roughly the deposit for accommodation is?

Hi @Oghoghor ,

The deposit for university accommodation is £150. Here's a bit more info about it: https://ask.herts.ac.uk/accommodation-deposit

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
Heather
Reply 11
I've got a conditional offer and I've already submitted my application for accommodation. I was just wondering what happens now and if I need to do anything else and when I will hear back.
Original post by Hadiii
I've got a conditional offer and I've already submitted my application for accommodation. I was just wondering what happens now and if I need to do anything else and when I will hear back.

Hi @Hadiii ,

Did you receive an email after submitting your application? Rooms are allocated once an applicant has an unconditional offer. For the majority of applicants this will be on A Level results day.

Thanks,
Heather
Hi, I’ve submitted my accommodation application and I have a unconditional offer ( which I’ve accepted). Do you know how long it should take to here about what accommodation I’ve been allocated?
I'm going to be on a 3 year course, would the accommodation only be for the first year or so considering that the only options are no more than 50 week contracts?
Original post by Meganxo447
Hi, I’ve submitted my accommodation application and I have a unconditional offer ( which I’ve accepted). Do you know how long it should take to here about what accommodation I’ve been allocated?

Hi @Meganxo447,

Congratulations on your unconditional offer! I believe the team are still processing all the applications but it might be worth getting in touch for an update. Their email is: [email protected]

Thanks,
Heather
Original post by James.png
I'm going to be on a 3 year course, would the accommodation only be for the first year or so considering that the only options are no more than 50 week contracts?

Hi @James.png,

Yes accommodation will be for your first year. There are some rooms available for second year students but this will be on a first come first served basis as priority is given to first year students. There's plenty of student housing off-campus and we have a housing team that will be able to help you find suitable housing :u:

Thanks,
Heather
Hi,
I’ve sent my application for accommodation. Do you know how long it will take for a reply? It says not to email them during this period so I was hoping you could help.
Reply 18
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,
I’ve sent my application for accommodation. Do you know how long it will take for a reply? It says not to email them during this period so I was hoping you could help.

I emailed and they said they haven’t started processing the applications yet
If Hertfordshire is my insurance, should i still apply for accom now? i dont want to get an offer for accom before i find out if i got into my firm, but i also dont want to apply too late and not get accomodation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending