The Student Room Group

Graduate medicine

Can you apply for graduate medicine if you didn’t pass GCSE English language but pass GCSE literature. Also, got a 2.1 on your bioscience degree.

(English is not my first language by the way)
Original post by Ymt06
Can you apply for graduate medicine if you didn’t pass GCSE English language but pass GCSE literature. Also, got a 2.1 on your bioscience degree.

(English is not my first language by the way)

You really need to look at the entry requirements of the unis you are applying to as its up to them. They state what their English requirement is. Considering how competitive it is , then its a strange one not to have remedied since GCSE.

https://www.medschools.ac.uk/media/2357/msc-entry-requirements-for-uk-medical-schools.pdf
Often its the English GCSE they want rather than the literature - most ask for a minimum B grade alongside Maths and 2 x sciences with a minimum of 5 x GCSEs at high grades.

The individual requirements for each uni vary but if you have other good grades it may be worth considering resitting the English GCSE (although check with the universities you are interested in as some only accept resits if you had extenuating circumstances).
Reply 3
How about doing the IELTS
There are some unis that don't even look at your gcses and a levels, Google search them
Reply 5
Most of the graduate entry courses I looked at in the UK and abroad, didn't even consider GCSEs, they just looked at the results from your first degree and then your GAMSAT/BMAT/UKCAT/whatever. There may well be some that do consider GCSEs, but if in doubt, email the admissions office and ask the question, it's what they're there for.

If you're looking at a non graduate entry course then they do tend to look at GCSEs, but since you have a degree already, they may still consider you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending