The Student Room Group

Wrong option chosen

Basically, in year 9 we had to choose 4 options, and I chose business as one of them. And then everyone persuaded me that it was bad, boring & useless. So I chose religious studies instead. I’m half way through year 10 and I’ve come to the conclusion that every single job I would like to do requires a business gcse. I really regret not choosing business and It’s too late to start it now because they’ve learnt half the things
Hey, don’t worry about it - you can still do business at A-level or uni without having studied it at GCSE.
(I took History and Geography at GCSE and still studied Business as an additional subject at A-level).
(edited 5 years ago)
Not doing a GCSE in business wil not limit your career choice - a lot of schools don’t even offer GCSE business. Take it at A level and you will be absolutely fine.
What jobs require business gcse? Most jobs dont even ask for it at A Level
That is exactly what I was thinking, I now study geography, history, photography and religious studies. Was it hard to adjust to the new subject?
Okay thankyou, much appreciated
Original post by BlueEyedGirl_
Not doing a GCSE in business wil not limit your career choice - a lot of schools don’t even offer GCSE business. Take it at A level and you will be absolutely fine.
@
Original post by PaulinaCloudia
That is exactly what I was thinking, I now study geography, history, photography and religious studies. Was it hard to adjust to the new subject?

@BlueEyedGirl_

@Human_bean
every single job I would like to do requires a business gcse

This is just wrong lmao

Hey, in all honesty, no.
I found business to be the easiest subject I studied at A-level. You learn everything from scratch so you don’t need to worry about adjusting to it.
Okay thanks, but did your school do gcse business or not? Because if they didn’t then maybe that’s why it started from scratch
Original post by Human_bean
Hey, in all honesty, no.
I found business to be the easiest subject I studied at A-level. You learn everything from scratch so you don’t need to worry about adjusting to it.
Okay thanks, but did your school do gcse business or not? Because if they didn’t then maybe that’s why it started from scratch

Np.
Yes they did. If you really want a head start just get a book and do some background reading in the summer before you start A level Business.
Okay, and last question, how did you find a-level business useful?
Original post by Human_bean
Np.
Yes they did. If you really want a head start just get a book and do some background reading in the summer before you start A level Business.
Anyone else just about to do their business gcse tomorrow?🤙🏻

Quick Reply

Latest