The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Khalid_
Therefore according to you, Atheism should be banned, shouldn't it?

That logic doesn’t follow as Atheism is just no religion nor belief in god, not a different religion with a different story book.
Original post by liquidconfidence
It’s not ‘intolerance’ it’s simply their views. They are entitled to an opinion on the subject matter.

They are intolerant views and opinions.
You are making wild statements. They do not want THEIR children to be involved in ‘LGBT’ lessons. That is not homophobia, that is not intolerance. Unless you have actual proof that withdrawing pupils from these workshops increases hate crimes against the LGBT community then I don’t want to hear it.

I actually cannot believe the audacity of some of you people on this thread. It’s THEIR CHOICE. You cannot expect someone to accept you, if you can’t accept their way of thinking

PREACH
Original post by Khalid_
I am against secularity.

So you disagree with the country, which links to the my first point.

You could either live with this country’s secular laws and beliefs or leave...
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Professional G
Well you live in a country that thinks differently so you either have to live with it or leave...

... and move to a country which will align with your views

You've said to leave here.
Original post by Violet Femme
You seem to be missing the point that these parents are withdrawing their children because they specifically do not want them to be exposed to other views.

I have got absolutely no sympathy with you. None at all.

You idiots on the left peddle your cultural relativist nonsense, and your “Islamophobia” boll0cks which leads to the intellectual and political over protection of really wicked Islamic intolerance towards gays, trans people and feminists.

And then you moan at the inevitable consequences.

Ask yourself, as the Muslim population increases (all borders are racist, right?) and becomes more and more influential politically, whose views are going to prevail? Theirs or yours?
Original post by Khalid_
You've said to leave here.

Either live with it or leave....

Did I say you should directly leave the country?
Can you actually hear yourself right now?

How can you legitimately say that their views are ‘backwards’? Wow, I am lost for words.

Their views come from a book that is over 1000 years old, could you get much more backwards?
Original post by CoolCavy
You know how you have a mum and a dad? Some children might have two mums or two dads and that is perfectly fine

/end.

Such a radical concept

Hey, you know what it is because the family was BUILT on a union of a woman and man, now i don't have a problem with gay and even gay marriage to somewhat of an extent, but you should not corrupt children with it. you are born gay or straight. you do not (well, shouldn't) choose. you are placing ideas into their heads. LET CHILDREN BE CHILDREN!

Liberals are actually going to destroy the human race
Original post by ap.ferro
Hey, you know what it is because the family was BUILT on a union of a woman and man, now i don't have a problem with gay and even gay marriage to somewhat of an extent, but you should not corrupt children with it. you are born gay or straight. you do not (well, shouldn't) choose. you are placing ideas into their heads. LET CHILDREN BE CHILDREN!

Liberals are actually going to destroy the human race

ok
But the majority of Muslims are not accepting, and all muslim majority countries being gay is illegal and quite a lot you can be stoned or killed.

I've known a few muslim lgbt people and all of them hide who they're from other muslims and their families.

The thing is that if you can't accept gay etc people then why would you be in a country that disagrees with you, why not go back to the country you originate from.

Original post by Zabidoo
STOP GENERALISING MUSLIMS

As a muslims female, I'm quite open minded, I go to an all girls school (majority muslims) and majority of us are all accepting of the lgbtq community...some of them are even apart of it
That's not to say there aren't muslims out there that are repulsed by them, I've met people who are and every single time I stick up for the lgbtq community (even against my own father) becuz in islam, we are meant to respect all people, of all faiths and all backgrounds and people who don't are just plain rude and disrespectful

Everyone had their own personal views about things
U can't say "all black people hate white people"
U can't say "all Christians hate jews"
So u can't say "all muslims hate the lgbtq community"
(Not saying any of these are true, or that that's what ur trying to say, I'm just trying to get my point across)

If that's what muslims are doing, then it's just ridiculous...
However, we also have to take into account that's (some) muslims arent the only people with intolerance to the lgbtq community...what about other normal people? Does that mean that everyone else who doesn't like lgbtq can't integrate into British life?

Just one more point, just becuz were Muslim, doesn't mean we don't know how to integrate into British life...after all, a lot of us were born here u know...

Thank u for reading...I'm not trying to start arguements, I'm just trying to speak in a mature, respectful manner
Original post by Decahedron
Their views come from a book that is over 1000 years old, could you get much more backwards?

So now you are disrespecting their religion?

And you wonder why.. let me not even go there.
(edited 5 years ago)
Do people have nothing better to discuss? Brexit should be the main issue here.
Original post by craftywizardboy
Do people have nothing better to discuss? Brexit should be the main issue here.

There are plenty of threads on Brexit. You can talk about two topics at once. Although, I don't expect anything to come of this thread that is different from the last .
So now you are disrespecting their religion?

Can you get any more backwards?

And you wonder why.. let me not even go there.

Yes, I am.

It is a religion that tells people that homosexuality is wrong for no other reason than God says so. That is backwards.

I am in fact quite progressive in my thinking because I can think for myself and rationally come to conclusions without needing to rely on a book written in a desert thousands of years ago.

Go there, I dare you.
It's not pushing an agenda, it's showing kids that their feelings are valid. Some kid's will have two mummies or two daddies, teaching them young means they grow up less bigoted. They don't need to know details, just that there are same sex couples, the same way they see straight couples it's no difference. Also who someone else dates is actually none of your business, so having an issue with it is ridiculous because it doesn't affect you.

Children aren't born with knowledge, they need to be taught, Tv is full of straight couples which means they aren't exposed to same sex couples.
Original post by abz456
Here is how it is. We as Muslims are against the idea of being LGBT as it is said in our religion. However, what we shouldn't be is discriminatory. If someone is LGBT we won't (and really shouldn't) do anything. We just don't want our religion to be changed to suit what we don't believe.

Precisely, I'm a Christian, who actually reads his bible and follows it fundamentally and i dont want my kids being drowned in this dogma that is antithetical to their faith.
If people class that as intolerance, then you're abusing the word to fit your agenda. I disagree with you and would kindly not like your ideas shovelled into my kids heads.

Disagreeing with gay people doesn't mean i'd ever want to discriminate against for pete's sake. I disagree with people who drink alcohol and have sex before marriage and i don't hold rallies against them
. Wise up people, i can disagree and pull my kids out if i want to.
Original post by Decahedron
Yes, I am.

It is a religion that tells people that homosexuality is wrong for no other reason than God says so. That is backwards.

I am in fact quite progressive in my thinking because I can think for myself and rationally come to conclusions without needing to rely on a book written in a desert thousands of years ago.

Go there, I dare you.

Okay :smile:

You are talking about a religion that “tells people that homosexuality is wrong for no other reason than God says so” and is therefore, in your view, ‘backwards’ right?

Okay dokey,
I’ll just leave this here:

You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination. (Leviticus 18:22)

If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them. (Leviticus 20:13)
(edited 5 years ago)
As someone who is bisexual and currently training to be a teacher, this really upsets me. I got bullied in school for my sexuality and the reason for this was because my school did not do any awareness around homophobia. As a teacher, I am very open about my sexuality with my students and a lot of them have confided in me about their sexuality.

However, the fact that the school has gotten rid of this program clearly indicates that schools will take the side of homophobic parents over the importance of teaching British values to children. This makes LGBT teachers feel deeply uncomfortable and frankly unsafe to be openly LGBT, which means LGBT students miss out on having queer teachers they can relate to.

Parents have way too much power over schools now.
Original post by Professional G
So you disagree with the country, which links to the my first point.

You could either live with this country’s secular laws and beliefs or leave...

Don’t waste your time arguing with this guy.

Latest

Trending

Trending