The Student Room Group

Cambridge Adjustment 2019 Entry

Hey did anyone else also receive the email for Cambridge Adjustment??? Or did I receive spam? I'm so confused.

------------
Mod edit:
Cambridge announces it will be in Adjustment 2019
"The University of Cambridge is pleased to announce that it will be participating in the UCAS Adjustment process for the first time this summer. UCAS Adjustment allows students who have met all the conditions of their conditional-firm offer, and exceeded at least one, the opportunity to be considered by other universities without jeopardising their place."
https://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/adjustment

And their Adjustment FAQ
https://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/adjustment-faqs

Note, this is a new initiative by Cambridge as part of their widening participation initiative. Congratulations if you have been emailed as being potentially eligible for Adjustment :yep:

Note 2, this new scheme ONLY applies if you have already been interviewed by Cambridge but didn't get an offer AND you meet Cambridge's widening participation criteria - see the FAQ link above if this might apply to you.

Update: "Up to 100 places to be available under the scheme as part of efforts to improve diversity"
https://www.theguardian.com/education/2019/mar/06/cambridge-university-offers-disadvantaged-students-second-chance-to-apply

Note re:adjustment. Once you hit the adjustment button on Track (available after 3pm on Results day) it will be down to Cambridge to *fish* your application out of adjustment and away from your firm choice (which they will be able to do with your permission - which you may give when you complete the webform). Once you're fished out of adjustment your firm choice is no longer valid.

Make sure to read the information on the expression of interest webform carefully and DO NOT hit the adjustment button on Track until BOTH:
a) Cambridge tell you to AND
b) you're sure you want to adjust to Cambridge

HT @PQ
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Oh my god i thought it was a prank
Original post by barror1
Oh my god i thought it was a prank

Omg thank god. I thought it was someone playing some horrible sick joke on me, like a spam email or something.
Original post by cinnamoroll
Omg thank god. I thought it was someone playing some horrible sick joke on me, like a spam email or something.

I'm freaking out omg this is unheard of
Original post by barror1
I'm freaking out omg this is unheard of

Does it basically mean we only have a chance at this Adjustment thing if we get A*A*A or higher (assuming that the entry req for my firm choice is A*AA)? It says: "UCAS Adjustment allows students who have met all of the conditions of their firm choice offer, and exceeded at least one, the opportunity to be considered by other universities without jeopardising their place." and I'm really uncertain of whether I can get A*A*A to be really honest
(edited 5 years ago)
You're probably just as confused as me, but does it basically mean we only have a chance at this Adjustment thing if we get A*A*A or higher (assuming that the entry req for my firm choice is A*AA)? It says: "UCAS Adjustment allows students who have met all of the conditions of their firm choice offer, and exceeded at least one, the opportunity to be considered by other universities without jeopardising their place." and I'm really uncertain of whether I can get A*A*A to be really honest

I guess it will be yeah! Have you already set your firm or are you still in the 14 days to change it?
Original post by barror1
I guess it will be yeah! Have you already set your firm or are you still in the 14 days to change it?

Oh no I don't have any chance in getting A*A*A! :frown: I'm actually still waiting for one of my unis to reply back to me, so I haven't set my firm, hbu?
Reply 7
Hey did anyone else also receive the email for Cambridge Adjustment??? Or did I receive spam? I'm so confused.

I was about to ask one of you to start a thread :lol: !

If you don't mind I'll edit in the Cambridge info to your OP :smile:
Original post by Doones
I was about to ask one of you to start a thread :lol: !

If you don't mind I'll edit in the Cambridge info to your OP :smile:

Idm helping advise people on this either! I pick up UCAS stuff quite quickly so expect this thread to be pretty active!
It says "Being eligible for UCAS Adjustment does not guarantee a place will be available at Cambridge...a list of courses which may have places available will be available online in August".

To be honest, for more competitive subjects like Medicine, Law, Natural Sciences- do you think there'll really be any places left for Adjustment people to get in? I'm worried that I'll get decent grades in August just to check the list of courses and find out that there aren't any places? Really confused about what my chances are, realistically.
Really confused about what my chances are, realistically.

I don't know why you are confused. Your chances, like those of anyone else, are slim in the extreme. You have to exceed your current offer, be interested in a course that happens to have a vacancy (and they are likely to be countable on the fingers of one foot), and be deemed, presumably after interview, to be good enough for Cambridge. All this set against the background that they will be overwhelmed by applicants.
Reply 11
Original post by Good bloke
I don't know why you are confused. Your chances, like those of anyone else, are slim in the extreme. You have to exceed your current offer, be interested in a course that happens to have a vacancy (and they are likely to be countable on the fingers of one foot), and be deemed, presumably after interview, to be good enough for Cambridge. All this set against the background that they will be overwhelmed by applicants.

Anyone qualifying for this has already been a Cambridge applicant and had an interview. It's a second chance for some of those who didn't get an offer in January.
Original post by Doones
Anyone qualifying for this has already been a Cambridge applicant and had an interview. It's a second chance for some of those who didn't get an offer in January.

Ah yes! And from a disadvantaged background. Not many should get excited about it then.
Reply 13
Ah yes! And from a disadvantaged background. Not many should get excited about it then.

Indeed. It will be v interesting to see how this plays out, and the numbers involved.
Original post by Doones
Indeed. It will be v interesting to see how this plays out, and the numbers involved.

I don't know whether you have noticed but your rear end appears to have been bitten off. One might say you have been buried.
Reply 15
I don't know whether you have noticed but your rear end appears to have been bitten off. One might say you have been buried.

Thanks for noticing, Good. And if I had £1 every time someone made that particular comment today... :biggrin:

Short and snappy - it's the fut...
I received the email at 14:23 today, this is good news but don’t get your hopes up. Just use this as motivation to get 4A*s, and then even if you don’t get a Cambridge offer you will still get your firm offer. 😃
Reply 17
Original post by ridwan157
I received the email at 14:23 today, this is good news but don’t get your hopes up. Just use this as motivation to get 4A*s, and then even if you don’t get a Cambridge offer you will still get your firm offer. 😃

Congrats! And yes that's exactly the attitude :smile:
Just saw the email. Just when I'd said, 'Hey, at least I don't need to do STEP anymore.' :redface:
Reply 19
It says "Being eligible for UCAS Adjustment does not guarantee a place will be available at Cambridge...a list of courses which may have places available will be available online in August".

To be honest, for more competitive subjects like Medicine, Law, Natural Sciences- do you think there'll really be any places left for Adjustment people to get in? I'm worried that I'll get decent grades in August just to check the list of courses and find out that there aren't any places? Really confused about what my chances are, realistically.

I think the large courses are reasonably likely to be included. If I was a betting Doones I'd look at previous year's summer pool allocations for some guidance. At least in the absence of any other data...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending