The Student Room Group

Girlfriend is always busy

Im finding it a little stressful making plans with my girlfriend, or at least with how far in advance I need to make them.

I prefer to leave my weekends and nights free, and just go with the flow, and most of my social circle is that way. It means if tomorrow I wake up and decide I want to play squash, I have a few mates I can text. Or if I want to organise a film night due this Saturday, I know a lot of people will be up for it.

Whereas my girlfriend is so incredibly busy. She is very heavily involved in her community, runs a food bank for example, and she’s socially busy. She has weekends planned for November, and that stresses me out.

We only get to see each other on weekends, and if we don’t do that then we’ll squeeze something in midweek (but not ideal and only for a few hours). Which is why it’s a shame when she tells me stuff like, “yeah I don’t really have any free weekends in May”...I’m like what does that mean? Could you not have taken me into consideration when making those plans? When did you think we’d see each other?

She’s busy, but she does make time, it just feels like a squeeze and a ‘privilege’ to be able to see her, and that I need to book her in for a weekend way in advance to have a chance of seeing her.
Well she's busy what do you want? She can't exactly give up time that she has prioritised so just go with your pals. Why don't you spend time with her at the food bank, like she runs it so can't you volunteer and join her? What does she do that makes her so busy other than the food bank? I'm sorry but it sounds like you want her to go out when you want and it doesn't work that way (especially since she's doing things that are super good that help the community). Just appreciate that you're able to go with the flow and have time at the weekends. If it bothers you that much communicate that next time she schedules to add you in somewhere. Sorry if I am blunt lol :smile:
Yes her weekends are planned and full in the future. Chances are though they are less full than you realise and they just sound incredibl busy
Original post by Anonymous
Im finding it a little stressful making plans with my girlfriend, or at least with how far in advance I need to make them.

I prefer to leave my weekends and nights free, and just go with the flow, and most of my social circle is that way. It means if tomorrow I wake up and decide I want to play squash, I have a few mates I can text. Or if I want to organise a film night due this Saturday, I know a lot of people will be up for it.

Whereas my girlfriend is so incredibly busy. She is very heavily involved in her community, runs a food bank for example, and she’s socially busy. She has weekends planned for November, and that stresses me out.

We only get to see each other on weekends, and if we don’t do that then we’ll squeeze something in midweek (but not ideal and only for a few hours). Which is why it’s a shame when she tells me stuff like, “yeah I don’t really have any free weekends in May”...I’m like what does that mean? Could you not have taken me into consideration when making those plans? When did you think we’d see each other?

She’s busy, but she does make time, it just feels like a squeeze and a ‘privilege’ to be able to see her, and that I need to book her in for a weekend way in advance to have a chance of seeing her.

Have you talked about this with your girlfriend?
Reply 4
Honestly thats mean her level of interest to you is not enough bro. Harsh true. You need to talk with her in very serious way like a man

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending