The Student Room Group

Beware of Scam

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Samritch19930
Hi. I have photo shoot with booking management at overbridge photography studio i has photo shoot done for free but after I payed I don’t know if scam or not payed 200 for pictures and website and tnmc and 2 other said there interested I emailed them asking if is please help

heyya, I have booked a session at overbridge studio, have you had any modelling jobs since you've paid them. Just wanted to know. Thanks
Is booking management a scam guys? Ive had my shoot in london and I'm worrying if ive been scammed🙃
They are SCAAAAAAMMMMER!!!!!!!!!! Please beware all.
(Original post by Kiwi1214)Is booking management a scam guys? Ive had my shoot in london and I'm worrying if ive been scammed🙃

Original post by fatz888
heyya, I have booked a session at overbridge studio, have you had any modelling jobs since you've paid them. Just wanted to know. Thanks

please don't go there they are Scammmerr!!!!!!
Hi did you get an email saying you have been accepted for and all you have to do is call up and book an oppiment
Yeah they ring up and find out when your free to go in then
Original post by Teetee09
Hi did you get an email saying you have been accepted for and all you have to do is call up and book an oppiment
OMG I went to the photo shoot yesterday and they told me that I had to pay £225 or £250 but my mum didn’t pay she only put a deposit of £25 and when we got home we kinda thought it might be fake and we try get up reviews on the place and the website and nothing comes up and they said they have been open for 15 years
Original post by Kiwi1214
Yeah they ring up and find out when your free to go in then
3A30B5FD-3E1C-4536-81F2-D656619B4806.png
OMG I went to the photo shoot yesterday and they told me that I had to pay £225 or £250 but my mum didn’t pay she only put a deposit of £25 and when we got home we kinda thought it might be fake and we try get up reviews on the place and the website and nothing comes up and they said they have been open for 15 years
And this is what I got emailed me today after yesterday’s photo shoot
Sorry did you go to the one where it says bookings management that is in like a flat of buildings, very hard to find and when you go in the studio they're playing r&b really loud?
They will call you! I called them as i was so excited to have passed.. me and my mum payed £600 for my portfolio and website and then tmmc ( is a real company) wanted another £140!! To have a years contract so i had done that and went on there books and i havr had an interview but i never heard anything back which i thought was weird as they were saying "excellent" to everything i said but the interview was at a pub i just try and apply to any but i havd hear anything back from them.. i feel so terrible about myself as i feel as if my dreams were crushed after reading they are scams you know? Getting told your a model and could travel the world modelling to it being crushed realising that your new to the industry and they just manipulated you into taking your money.. like i owe my mum £740 and i cant pay that I'm only 17! They made us believe we get guaranteed jobs with pay from anything to £100 to £1000 i thought oh my god. Standing there getting my photo taken for a £1000 i can pay her back but no i can't even get a free shoot for some odd reason.

And this is what I got emailed me today after yesterday’s photo shoot
Yep that’s the one I went to looks like a dusty block or something and Yh they was playing musics and everything I can give you guys a link to contact fraud action if you want to I can’t believe it to be honest that is just scum what they do to girls they told me that I got short listens from 200 to 20 then I got picked out of 20 me and a little baby lucky enough my mum only put down £25 but I think the baby’s parents payed full price
Yeah and there was thisreally nice blonde haired lady helping you.. i got told id be getting my make up done but a makeup artist and there weren't one! I cant believe i fell for it i feel so stupid they made it seem so realistic when we were there i feel absolutely terrible owing my mum what i do! I cant believe it
Yep that’s the one I went to looks like a dusty block or something and Yh they was playing musics and everything I can give you guys a link to contact fraud action if you want to I can’t believe it to be honest that is just scum what they do to girls they told me that I got short listens from 200 to 20 then I got picked out of 20 me and a little baby lucky enough my mum only put down £25 but I think the baby’s parents payed full price
JUST don’t do it.
Why are people still falling for it?
A genuine model agency doesn’t charge a penny.
If you want to see if you e got what it takes, all you need to do is send a natural, unedited head shot. Taken on your phone even.
Send it to the biggest well known agencies.
If they’re interested they’ll contact you. And take photos for free.
Be prepared to be disappointed. Success is rare. But you can be certain that it’s honest and a realistic expectation of your chances.
People fall for this because nowadays everyone is a model
3A30B5FD-3E1C-4536-81F2-D656619B4806.png
I got told i was short listed and would be travel around the world to go to casting the lady on tmmc sounded nice to the beginning and when i needed help (i was nice so i didn't really know what i was doing) and asked her she didn't really do anything and sounded quite rude tbh
And there was a chicken shop nexted to the place and it looks like in the middle of no where
"JUST dont do it" well I'm sorry i cant tell the difference between big high end agencies and the scam ones! I'm not being funny but you cant really say that to us on here as it isnt our fault people are chosing to try and take our money.. and i didn't know at the time you would have to pay for a portfolio but i did.. and yes i did send a natural looking head shot off and got told i have what it takes
Original post by Sammylou40
JUST don’t do it.
Why are people still falling for it?
A genuine model agency doesn’t charge a penny.
If you want to see if you e got what it takes, all you need to do is send a natural, unedited head shot. Taken on your phone even.
Send it to the biggest well known agencies.
If they’re interested they’ll contact you. And take photos for free.
Be prepared to be disappointed. Success is rare. But you can be certain that it’s honest and a realistic expectation of your chances.
People fall for this because nowadays everyone is a model
I cant really remember all i remember was there being a church and some flats
And there was a chicken shop nexted to the place and it looks like in the middle of no where
Yeah and sammylou don’t say just don’t do it how the **** would we have known if it was fake at first or not tf!
Where did they make you travel to

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending